Chapter 117: SkyFire Venerable
310 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Huh” Meng Lin uttered before her cheeks flushed with embarrassment as she realized the close proximity that she and Liang Chen were in.

She quickly stepped away from Liang Chen, her face tinged with embarrassment.

"We're not a couple," Meng Lin clarified, her voice tinged with annoyance, ‘Liang Chen hadn’t let go all that time.’

Liang Chen, too, seemed aware of the awkwardness between them as he shook his head. "We don't have time for this. Xu Ruan, do you have any information about where we are?"

Xu Ruan's smile widened. "Ah, my mistake then. But you two certainly looked quite cozy back there."

"Xu Ruan, this is not the time for jokes," Liang Chen said firmly, his tone indicating his impatience.

Xu Ruan's smile faded and he turned serious. "Even we don’t know much. The moments we got close to the middle of the Nether Cloud Domain these special platforms suddenly emerged from underneath our feets and we couldn’t leave them.”

"Special Platforms." Meng Lin repeated, her mind processing the information. "So, this is some sort of test?"

Xu Ruan nodded. "That seems to be the case. These platforms appeared one after another, and cultivators from various areas were brought here. It's still unclear why or how, but we suspect it has something to do with the Nether Cloud Domain itself."

Meng Lin glanced around at the other cultivators on the platforms. "Do you think we will all be trapped here”

Xu Ruan shrugged. "It's hard to say, but I don’t think so, I've already sent a message to the other Gold Core cultivators here, and we’ve come to the conclusion that when the amount of participants reach three thousand then the gate in the middle will open”

“If you look down at the platform under you then you should see a number there, yours should have 2877 written there”

Meng Lin and Liang Chen followed Xu Ruan's instructions and looked down at the platform beneath their feet. Sure enough, the number 2877 was displayed prominently at the center.

"So, once it reaches three thousand, the gate will open?" Meng Lin asked, her brows furrowed in confusion.

Xu Ruan shrugged. "That's what we suspect. We thought it would open when it reached one thousand or two thousand but nothing happened so it could be three thousand or five thousand or even ten thousand. We're not entirely sure."

“So who should we take note of around here” Liang Chen asked, his eyes scanning the platforms, recognizing a few peoples.

Xu Ruan looked towards a platform in the distance. "That woman over there, with the white robes. Her name is Xue Lian, and she is one of the strongest cultivators here. She's from the Divine Soul Sect and is known for her ice-based cultivation techniques. Keep an eye on her."

"Besides her is Li Wei," Xu Ruan continued, looking towards another platform.

“I don’t know much about him but he should be some important figure from the Divine Soul Sect, even Xue Lian, the cold beauty is showing respects to him, even though he is only a Foundation Establishment Cultivator.”

Meng Lin and Liang Chen turned their attention to the platform where Li Wei stood. The man had a calm and composed expression, his eyes filled with wisdom and authority.

"He must have some extraordinary talent or background to earn the respect of Xue Lian," Liang Chen commented, his voice hiding his thoughts.

Xu Ruan nodded. "Yes, it's quite unusual for someone at the Foundation Establishment realm to command such respect. Keep an eye on him, he might prove to be a valuable ally or a formidable opponent."

Meng Lin's gaze wandered further, and she noticed the young man in gold armor that she had seen earlier. "What about him?"

Xu Ruan's smile turned even more serious. "Ah, that's Xiaoyun, someone from the Palace, the son of Emperor Golden Sun. He's known for his exceptional talent and his ruthless nature. He's considered one of the most dangerous participants in this trial."

Meng Lin’s face hardened as she took a deep breath. "He is a formidable opponent indeed”

She remembered the mention of those in the upper echelon of Luan’s Continent, the Five Emperors, Eight Ancestors and the Three Venerables, the figures behind the rank 5 powerhouses.

“The son of one of the emperors, and yet he is participating in such an event?” Meng Lin asked, confusion apparent in her voice.

Xu Ruan nodded. "Yes, it is quite unusual for someone of his status to participate in a trial like this. But Xiaoyun is known for his ambition and desire for power. He sees this trial as an opportunity to further his own strength and gain recognition."

Liang Chen's eyes narrowed as he observed Xiaoyun from afar. "He is dangerous. Be cautious around him."

Meng Lin furrowed her eyebrows, this was the first time she had heard cautiousness in Liang Chen’s voice.

She nodded her head in agreement all the while keeping her eyes on Xiaoyun.

Xu Ruan continued, "And over there is Ren Yuan, a disciple of the Scarlet Demon Sect. He's known for his brutal and merciless methods. Be cautious around him, as he won't hesitate to eliminate any competition."

Meng Lin's eyes narrowed as she observed Zhang Wei next to the ruthless man. She remembered their encounter in the dead zone and the threats he had made. She knew she had to be on guard.

"Lastly," Xu Ruan said, his voice lowering slightly, "there's someone that I couldn't get much information on. He's on one of the platforms further down, but his presence is quite unsettling. His name is Qin Yu, and he's said to possess an ancient bloodline that grants him incredible power. Be cautious around him."

As they continued to observe the platforms and the powerful cultivators standing upon them, Xu Ruan shared more information about each individual, their sects, and their reputation.

Meng Lin listened attentively, committing the details to memory. She knew that in this unknown realm, knowledge and information were their best weapons.

Just as she was engrossed in her knowledge, a booming voice echoed throughout the sky, silencing the cultivators and drawing their attention towards the central gate.

A figure had appeared, surrounded by a fiery light. It was a man with a dignified and imposing aura, his eyes filled with authority and power.

"Welcome, new cultivators of the Nether Cloud Domain," the man's voice boomed, resonating through the air. "I am the Spiritual Imprint of Zhean, SkyFire Venerable, however i doubt that you have heard of my name.”

"But that doesn't matter now. You are here because you have been chosen to participate in the Trials of my inheritance. This is a test of your strength, your skills, and your determination. Only the strongest will reap the greatest of rewards."

19