Chapter 121: Burly Man
279 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Crack

Aghh!!

A cultivator fell as the low grade spiritual sword within his hand was cut in half by another cultivator with a strange ancient Fox beast mark on his palm.

The man did not stop as his eyes gleamed with savagery and he continued onto the next one.

Peng!!!

Ahhh!!

Ahhh

Three cultivators fell to a young man with a mischievous smile as he drew his aura back which took the form of a long spear.

Peng!!!

A young girl in a white robe was sent flying as the middle grade sword in her hand vibrated from the impact of a charging burly man.

The young girl. Meng Lin, looked at the burly man and gritted her teeth, she didn’t know if it was overconfidence that caused this man to attack her but she wasn’t gonna let it sit.

The two marks at her left hand glowed red as Meng Lin waved her hand.

“Lizard”

Burst!!!

From the golden lizard mark appeared a burst of flames that turned black as corrosive qi began to mix within it, turning it into a deadly black flame.

Meng Lin flickered her fingers and the black flames erupted from her palm, engulfing the burly man in flames.

The man grunted in pain as he let out a shout, his aura building up as they forced the black flames to recessed.

Meng Lin's eyes narrowed as she sensed the surge of power from the burly man. She knew she couldn't underestimate him, especially now that he was tapping into his full strength.

“Haa”

The man roared as his slightly burnt up body began to heal and he began to grow in size and his aura began to swell. Across his entire body appeared ancient tattoos that glowed an eerie green.

“Hehe, who would have thought I would meet someone like you, it seems the famous Soul Shattering Sect really deserves their reputation, however” The man's voice dropped as he held out a finger towards Meng Lin.

“You are not my match”

From his finger emerged a beam of intense green light, aimed directly at Meng Lin. She instinctively reacted, dodging to the side and narrowly avoiding the attack.

She didn’t have any time to think as the man began to release an even stronger aura, and from his body came out a barrier of green energy that surrounded both of them.

“Now there’s no place for you to dodge”

“Ohh” Meng Lin didn’t appear faze as a slight smile formed on her face, the golden lizard and black tortoise marks glowed brightly on her palms as she channeled their energy.

With a swift motion of her sword she uttered out.

“Waterfall Slash”

The man's eyes widened as a powerful surge of intense sharp qi appeared out of thin air and rushed towards him with incredible force.

He tried to dodge, but the qi crashed into him, slashing through him and sending him flying backward.

Crack!!

He hit the green barrier behind him and cracks began to appear, the man grunted in pain as across his chest was a large slash that stretched from his shoulder to his waist. Blood oozed out of the wound, staining his clothes and the ground beneath him.

Meng Lin stood, her sword still held in her hand as she watched the man struggle to get back up. She could sense the weakening of his aura, know that he had reached his limits.

"You don’t seem to have fully comprehend those tatooes," she said calmly, her voice filled with remembrance "those tattoos are the marks of ancient beast cultivators, a powerful and feared lineage of cultivators. They grant immense strength and abilities to those who bear them. But it seems you have not mastered their true potential."

The man gritted his teeth, his body trembling with pain and determination.

"I won't let a mere disciple of the Soul Shattering Sect defeat me," he growled, mustering whatever strength he had left.

Meng Lin chuckled softly, her eyes filled with confidence. "It's not about the sect you belong to or the power you possess. It's about your understanding of your own abilities and how you utilize them."

She stepped forward, her aura radiating with a calm yet overwhelming presence.

“This is how I use mine” she said coldly as savagery began to creep into her eyes. The golden lizard and black tortoise marks on her palms glowed brighter, infusing her with their energy.

Ruthless aura radiated from her as she raised her hand, “I won’t let you die easy”

With a flick of her wrist, Meng Lin unleashed another attack. This time, it was different, the golden lizard beast mark moved through her skin to appear at the tip of her fingers.

Burst!!

A powerful torrent of fire was unleashed as the golden lizard come to life and was released from her skin to shot forth towards the man.

The man, seeing the golden lizard, quickly reached into his robes and pulled out a small, intricately crafted treasure mirror. He held it up in front of him, using it as a shield to protect himself from the incoming fire.

Peng!!

The golden lizard collided with the treasure, causing a brilliant explosion of flames and sparks. The impact sent shockwaves rippling through the air, breaking the barrier surrounding them and forcing anyone in the the surrounding areas to retreat.

As the smoke cleared, the man stood there, his mirror treasure still intact. He smirked, knowing he was safe.

But Meng Lin wasn't discouraged. She raised her hand upon which the golden lizard appeared once again as she channeled her energy into it. The golden lizard glowed even brighter as it transformed into a fiery dragon-lizard and its scales shimmered with intense heat.

Roar!!

With a mighty roar, the fiery dragon-lizard shot towards the man, its flames engulfing everything in its path. The man's smirk quickly turned into worry as he desperately tried to defend himself.

PENG!!

The fiery dragon-lizard crashed into the man's shield, causing a tremendous explosion of flames and energy. The force of the impact sent shockwaves radiating outwards, shaking the ground of the arena.

The clash quietly drew the attention of the rest on the battlefield as they paused their own battles to witness the intense showdown between Meng Lin and the burly man. The air crackled with anticipation as they watched the fiery spectacle unfold.

Meng Lin's eyes burned with coldness as she poured more strength into the attack. She could feel the power of the golden lizard coursing through her, fueling her every move.

But the burly man was not so easily defeated. Despite the fierce flames engulfing him, he stood his ground, his shield holding strong against the onslaught. Sweat dripped down his forehead as he strained to maintain his defense.

Swish!

Suddenly from her left, Meng Lun saw a spear appear, slashing towards the fiery dragon-lizard. She glanced over and realized it was one of the spears of the the graceful woman, the first to launch an attack in the arena.

15