Chapter 128: Theft
283 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Out of country so the chapters will take longer to make

Meng Lin's eyes lit up as she read the description of the Swaying Leaf Robe in the system market. It seemed like the perfect solution to her predicament. Without hesitation, she purchased the robe and wore it under the vail of a pure energy curtain.

Instantly, she felt a lightness in her body as the robe's enchantment took effect. She lifted her feet off the ground and floated above the blood-red water, just like the other cultivators who were using flying treasures.

With a sense of relief, Meng Lin began to maneuver herself towards the distant landmass slowly.

She tested the items uses until she got used to them before finally utilizing her qi into the robes, blasting herself into the distance, quickly overtaking others in their path.

As Meng Lin soared across the air, her heart filled with exhilaration. The wind rushed past her, tousling her hair and carrying the scent of the surrounding sea, blood.

Boom!!

A deafening explosion echoed through the air, causing Meng Lin to wince in pain. She turned her gaze towards the source of the blast and her eyes widened in horror.

A few hundred meters from her, from the rock that she was standing on a few minutes ago, a ball of energy appeared and it held the vistage of a man in ancient attire.

Facing off against him was a similar ball of energy from another rock next to it, that one held the vistage of an old man with a demonic aura around him.

Meng Lin knew of what she was witnessing the moment she laid eyes upon them, her eyes hurt and she quickly diverted her gaze from the figures.

Ahh!!

A few dozen meters from her, some cultivators were not fortunate and had their eyes rupture and a few unlucky ones were even clamied by the blood Red Sea underneath.

‘Was that a mirage’ Meng Lin said as she thought back to what she just saw, it was a spiritual Mirage.

Cultivators strong enough to create a spiritual imprint have a chance of leaving behind remnant mirages of their battles, mirages that hold little power to beings at their level but could be considered deadly to those of lower level.

Slowly, one after another, the rocks that the cultivators were standing on began to glow and turn into mirages that faces off against each other.

Boom!!

Anyone still standing on the rocks were killed instantly, even the Gold Core cultivators weren’t safe.

Meng Lin sighed out of relief that she didn’t spend too much time on her rock, otherwise she might have suffered the same fate as those unfortunate cultivators. It was indeed a close call for her the more she thinks it.

Boom!!

As more and more rocks turned, chaos unfolded before her as she realized the seriousness of the situation. The mirages created by the powerful cultivators were wreaking havoc on anyone in their vicinity.

In this dangerous environment, it was crucial for Meng Lin to think quickly and come up with a plan to ensure her safety.

She carefully assessed her surroundings and carefully flew towards the landmass a few miles away, all while avoiding as much as possible.

As Meng Lin approached the landmass, at three hundred meters, she could see a group of people gathered near a towering rock formation. Curiosity piqued her interest, and she decided to fly closer to see what was happening.

As she got close to two hundred meters, she noticed that there were six individuals, two of whom were at the Gold Core realm.

One of them seemed to be attempting to refine something as he was seated crossed legged on the ground, The cultivators around seemed to be keeping a close eye to defend the treasure, and Meng Lin could sense an immense power emanating from it.

It reminded her of the words of Yao Jian, the scarred faced man, the words that could stop heavenly tribulations, it was a treasure that could affect the heaven. A treasure she had never come into contact with, a heavenly treasure.

Her heart raced with excitement as an idea formed in her mind. She realized that this was an opportunity she couldn't pass up.

Judging by the fact that they are refining it here, it means that they just received it.

She looked around, and other than a few holes on the ground she couldn’t see any building or place that they might have gotten it from, only then did she came to a realization.

Boom!!

With her speed already as fast as possible, she utilized her brute qi for the first time as her figure appear to teleport to instantly appear 50 meters away from the group, and a moment later, she was upon them with only a meter away.

She had been fast but she was still noticed by the Gold Core Cultivator that was keeping watch, however he realized too late as he knew that he could only form two small layer of protection over the Gold Core cultivator crossed legged.

However that was enough to stop anyone at the foundation establishment realm, he thought.

Rip!!

A small hold was ripped through the barrier instantly and Meng Lin reached out to snatch the earring.

As her fingers interlocked to take the earring a surge of powerful fist headed her way, the crossed legged cultivator, had attacked, and judging by the force behind the punch, Meng Lin could see that he was a body cultivator.

BOOM!

“Ah” a small wince escaped Meng Lin's lips as the force of the punch collided with her, sending her flying backward. The impact was powerful, causing pain to shoot through her body.

She had used her brute qi which had become over double it’s former strength, with it she felt confident enough to take the full power attack of a half rank 3 beast, and yet it was broken through with one punch.

Thud!

She hit the ground hard, skidding across the earth before coming to a stop. Breathing heavily, Meng Lin struggled to push herself up, her left arm throbbing with pain.

The crossed legged Gold Core Cultivator stood up, his focus on the small earring still within the grasp of Meng Lin, he had expected it to fall off.

A smug smile formed on his face. "You thought you could steal our treasure? Foolish girl," he sneered.

Despite the pain, Meng Lin was able to get up quickly as she didn’t really suffer a critical injury.

"You call me a fool, but so then why has this fool escaped with your treasure"

Plop!

The ground beneath Meng Lin began to turn to mud and her figure slowly started to be submerged, a smile formed on her face as she looked at the changing expression of the cultivators.

Only one of the Gold Core cultivators was able to react in time, taking out a spear, that seemed ordinary at first glance. However, as he held it in his hands, the spear began to emit a faint glow, pulsating with power.

Meng Lin's eyes raised with recognition. It was a top grade weapon, she didn’t think that they would have it.

“Hump”

With a flick of his wrist, the Gold Core cultivator unleashed the spear's true potential. In an instant, the weapon extended.

its length stretching far beyond what seemed possible. It reached towards Meng Lin, who’s whole body was submerged, with only her head out in the open, its tip aimed directly at her head.

Meng Lin reacted quickly, her instincts kicking in. Right before the spear could reach her, the ground in front of her burst open and the spear struck a black tortoise shell, causing the area to shake and quake.

17