Chapter 2 : The First Path to Becoming the Strongest Archmage Again
334 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, I think becoming the strongest has a long way to go. The last time I got checked healer was suspicious about me. I need to become more careful about revealing my power so I am not repeating my old mistakes.

I opened the blocked mana path and created a second virtual mana heart. I have experienced significant improvement in my physical and mana condition; no harm in trying some beginner-level magic right.

I have found some beginner magic in the library, and I think it will be helpful to me next time.

I'm so excited to try my first magic, "Hmm" What beginner-level magic should I use, the hard one or the simple one. Maybe I'll try to cast fire magic; the fire element was the only element I didn't manage to improve ever since I broke the 10 circles. Maybe I can develop a fire element this time; this gonna be a lot of fun.

First, I must channel the mana from the core to where I want it and visualize the fireball. And then I do th---

"BOOM!!"

Oh no, I forgot to compress the mana channeling. How careless am I to forget even this little mana can cast high-level magic if used by my old theory (Despite her extraordinary Mana Control she is so careless). Ouch, Dad must be angry I destroyed half of his training ground. I am frustrated about what I should say to him; what if I only cry in front of him?

"Elinaa!! Are you okay? are you hurt?" As expected, he was coming in a flash.

"(Agghhh, someone help me (T▽T) )"

Dad checked my body to see if I was hurt, and I froze when he called my name.

"I am sorry, Dad."

This was the most hilarious thing: the Strongest Archmage, in tears, trying to hold back tears while watching the havoc she had wreaked upon her dad's training ground. I bet if Arlan were here, he would be laughing to death.

"I am glad you were okay. Are you trying to cast magic with that magic book?"

I nodded with my eyes closed.

"Why don't you ask Dad if you are interested in magic? I can arrange a magic tutor for you."

I was taken aback hearing Dad say that. My expression was one of utter shock. "(☉_☉)"

"I thought Dad would be angry because, you know, I see you with a sword every day, training in this area. I feared you might expect me to become a swordsman due to our family's legacy."

Dad was smiling despite his training grounds getting destroyed by me. Dad picked me up and said :

"Elina, you were our only cherished one. Your happiness is our happiness. Mom will cry if you cry, okay. As long you used it to protect the weak."

I am so happy Dad cherishes the path I am going to choose.

After that, Dad issued an order to the maid and knight, instructing them to clean up the area that had been destroyed and rebuild it.

We talked a lot in Dad's office about his adventures and the friend he arranged to be my magic tutor. He said she is quite a bit weird, but she is reliable somehow. Dad told me to wait a while; maybe tomorrow she will come.

Impatient about her arrival, I decided to delve into more books at the library, seeking respite from my boredom. Honestly, I have to say that the magic didn't improve much in the past thousand years. Is it because of peace? The magic tool seems to improve very fast. The theory behind the creation of this tool is quite interesting.

Honestly, I've been pondering these little things called lamps quite extensively. Back then, we used fire or light magic to light the place. Now, we use lightning and convert it into lights. Fascinating! This is called a battery that can store the lightning, so I can just cast a lightning spell to charge the battery.

I'm falling so deep into magic tool creation books. Wow! This is indeed a masterpiece theory. What if I can make a sword that releases lightning to a non-magic user so they can challenge a magic user in battle. Ughh! This time I might be scolded by Dad if I were to bring those dangerous ideas to completion. Not only the non-magic user might cause an uproar, but someone might use it to do bad things.

"Huaagghh ( sleepy yawn ~)"

Time flew by when you did what brought you joy. It was so late that I realized my surroundings were so dark; the lamps in the library were off. I was taken aback upon discovering that I had been casting light magic without realizing it. I am glad no one sees it. For an ordinary person, it takes a lot of mana and concentration to stabilize light magic. That's why sub-element light and dark are the most challenging elements. Even though I mastered them all to cast world-class magic spells.

I must sleep quickly; tomorrow is the day I meet my tutor. I am excited to ask many things to her regardless of this era of magic. Dad said she was the greatest archmage in this kingdom. I was thrilled to see her wisdom of magic.

That night I slept very soundly.

As the morning sunlight gently filtered through the curtains, I slowly stirred from my slumber. My eyelids fluttered open, and I was greeted by the soft hues of a new day. Stretching my limbs, I yawned and took a moment to fully awaken, relishing the tranquility in the room. Filled with renewed energy and anticipation, I effortlessly rose from my bed, eagerly embracing the possibilities that awaited me.

"It's already noon Miss Elina." Say the maid who brings me a portion of food.

I'm surprised to hear that.

"Oh no, I was so late she must be here already. (⊙_⊙')"

I hurriedly changed my clothes and ran to my dad's office. I even forgot to eat my breakfast that was prepared by the maid.

On the way, I bumped into someone. She was a beauty with blonde hair. I apologized to her because I was in a hurry. Then I ran to Dad's office.

"Ara~ she has so much energy like him."

 

14