Chapter 6 : My First Journey After Reincarnation
100 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The afternoon was hot, so we went to my mother's place. Master has shared a lot of valuable information with me about this world now. As expected, the world will never experience eternal peace. Balance is the key.

"Elina, do you still remember what your mom looks like?" Master asked me.

"Of course, she was gentle and kind."

"Little did you know, Yurika used to be a real badass when it came to practicing fights at the academy," she said, trembling with fear.

"Is she that scary ?" I asked because I couldn't believe what she just said.

"Yeah, if you don't believe me, you would believe your Dad's words. Every single day back then, he used to get crushed by Yurika whenever he messed up."

I laughed in disbelief at what she was saying.

Not long after, we arrived where my mother was. Master wanted to wait outside, as she might feel sad to see her best friend in the condition she is in now.

"Ah, young lady. Are you visiting your mom?"

This cheerful maid is Mina, a commoner that Mom helped long ago.

"Hi, Mina. How is Mom's condition?"

"Lady Yurika is fine. I hope she wakes up soon." She said with a sad expression on her face.

"Don't worry, Mina. When I become strong enough. I will bring Mom back." She wiped her tears and smiled.

She may see me cheering her on, but when my strength is sufficient, I am planning to open the gate to another world quietly to free Mother's soul.

I can still feel her soul, even though it's faint. If her soul is not restored, I'm afraid it will never happen. Over time, her soul in this world will gradually fade.

"Don't be sad, young lady. I am sure she will wake up!" Mina's trying to cheer me up, seeing me deep in thought.

"Of course! Mom is strong, just as Master says," I said confidently.

It seems that after hearing for a while, Mina became happy again.

"Wait, young lady already have Master?! Who is it?"

Master walked silently and patted Mina's shoulder.

"It's me, Miiinaaa!!"

"!! Accckkk" Mina screamed in shock.

Master tickled her stomach teasing Mina.

"ahahaha!! It tickles. Please stop it, Miss Alessia!!"

They seem to know each other.

"Anyways, do you want to meet your Dad, Elina ?"

"Wait, you can't bring young lady outside yet. It's against Master Blade." Mina said.

"Well, why should I care what Blade said?" Master said, with her arrogant tone.

Mina pouted, stating the reason why I couldn't get out yet. Suddenly I saw Grandma Maria coming.

"Huh? No wonder I heard noise from outside. It turns out you all were here." said Grandma Maria.

"Do you want to go out, young lady Elina?"

"Of course!! I can't wait to get out and have a look around."

"Ho-ho, what an energetic young lady we have," chuckled Grandma with a soft laugh.

"It's okay, Mina. Young lady Elina needs refreshment after a long time of slumber. Moreover, Alessia is looking after her. We don't need to worry."

They seem to love me so much. I'm glad to be here.

"You can entrust Elina to me. I'll protect her with my life," said Master earnestly.

They seem to agree with each other.

"Let's eat first before you two go to the capital. I'll make the special dish that you love, Alessia." Grandma Maria said.

Master seemed to like it a lot, as her face clearly showed her hunger. I am curious about what Grandma Maria will make.

After some time waiting, Mina and Grandma Maria prepare the food for us to eat.

"Whooaa, it's very creammyy!! *Slurrppp" Master ate her food with great appetite.

After I take my first bite, I agree this is very delicious.

"Grandma, what is this dish's name?" I asked curiously.

"Do you like it, young lady? It named spaghetti with my custom pasta."

I nodded while eating it with a great appetite like Master.

"Whoaa, you are really good at cooking, Grandma!"

"ho-ho, thank you very much, young lady. This dish originally came from Lady Yurika's home custom. I'm glad you like it very well."

"Woah, can we go there after Mom wakes up."

The atmosphere suddenly became silent.

"I believe that's impossible, Young Lady, because something terrible happened. Lady Yurika's original family was ruined," said Grandma.

"uh, I am sorry. (Oh no, I think I stepped on a mine.)"

"It's okay young lady. You didn't know about this," said Grandma softly while holding my hands.

After feeling full and finishing the preparation of the items needed for the trip, we bid farewell and set out.

This is my first time going out after being in lockdown at home for one month. The outside environment hasn't changed at all—refreshing and peaceful. I recall my adventures with Arlan and our other companions. I didn't know the end of their lives, but I hoped they had found happiness.

After a few hours of walking, we see many animals along the way.

"Are you exhausted? We might be able to reach the capital in about two days of travel," she said.

"Not yet. I am full of energy!!"

"That's my discipline!!"

We walk through the hills, and soon the sun will set.

We set up tents and a fireplace to rest outside. I helped collect water from the river.

"Na-na na na" I hum happily.

Suddenly I heard the sound of a child crying for help, I don't know where the sound is coming from because it sounds so low.

"I need to devise a spell to locate the voice, but it must remain undetectable by others. A conventional search spell is too risky; it swiftly reveals the target, but other mages can sense it as well."

I closed my eyes and placed my hand over them, channeling mana to create temporary mana eyes that could perceive all living beings.

"Ah, I didn't expect my failed magic to come in handy."

I infused my feet with mana and rushed to where I suspected it was the child's cry I heard just now.

"Shhhh!!!"

I covered her mouth and told her to be quiet because there were several people following her.

I heard they were arguing something.

"You useless!!! You can't even look after a small child."

"Go call the mages, now!!! We need that child alive"

I was doomed when I heard them calling mages to search for her. If we stayed here, we would undoubtedly be caught. I had to get her away. However, her leg was injured, and the distance from the camp was about 2 kilometers away.

7