Insomnia
13 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kou's body neared the lava, heating it up immediately. Sadly for her, the temperature thresholds of her body is three hundred times higher than that of a normal, affinityless human, meaning it would take at least two hundred sixty thousand degree Celsius1or ~368000°F for you Clownpieces out there for her skin to combust, the volcano could only provide her a warm bath at best. That, however, was before Hush passed his mantle of a volcanic Kami onto her, now, her limit was trecentupled2×300, wouldn't you know, huh., pushing her limit so much that she could quite literally bathe in the sun.

All these, however, evaded her grief-ridden mind. Her body passed through the reheatened magma as if through water, and she sunk into the depth of the lava lake. Moments away from her eyes being obstructed by the molten rock, she saw something sparkling at the edge of her vision, catching her attention. Before she could do anything though, she was consumed by the darkness underneath the surface of liquid rocks and a pain not unlike having water in her eyes. Suddenly, she could feel something crunchy in her mouth and a soothing feeling spreaded across her body, momentarily letting her relieving from her worries.

🔥💥🔥

Kou remembered blacking out after jumping in the volcano and sinking below the lava, but when she woke up, she felt a rocky surface below and the warmth of the sun above. This was supposed to be impossible, since her skin was dusted along with the nerve receptors the night before, or the night she fought with the snrocats - she refused to call those things dragons - since she couldn't know how long she was asleep. She shot her eyes open, only to wince at the midday sun right where she was looking.

A faint ache nagged at the background of her senses, and she couldn't remember why she was fighting those snrocats in the first place. Slowly, the ache subsided and she sat up, feeling like that time she drank from the bottle her father hid under the rack.

"Ah, right. He died protecting us from them."

The memories of that night slowly returned, but Kou couldn't understand why she was feeling so dissociated. The sadness was still there, but that's all it was, sadness. No depressed sulking, no darkness looming over her vision, not even the anger that filled her mind that night. Her mind was so calm it creeped her out.

After hours of sitting and playing back all the memories she experienced with her family, her mind was finally clear enough to remember the lesson her father taught her about dealing with loss. At the time she couldn't understand why getting over the early days after it happen would be the hardest, even now she couldn't understand it, but he did say what to do once she had pull through.

"Haa~ Guess I'm just have to move on." It was frighteningly easy for her to say this, so much so she shivered like in the year when winter was especially cold.

Her eyes unconsciously moved toward the crescent midday moon.

🔥💥🔥

A few weeks after she woke up, Kou had already cleared the area of her former village of snrocat carcasses. Something she realized was that her body had healed fully, that one was obvious, but her skin and hair had turned way whiter than what was normal. It was almost like the pigmentation of the skin didn't regenerate with it3Because it is.. She didn't know nor care how her body was healed, presumably some kind of Kami bullshitery that regenerate their "mortal" body as long as they exist, or that crunchy snack she tasted as she was drowning in lava.

"Snrocats attack survivor log day 2X, moving on is progressing nicely, I am now able to joke about the traumatic event. But my capability to sleep seems to have some problems." She spoke aloud as she carved on a sheet of metal with her finger.

"Why does a Kami has to be in one place? It's getting boring around here."

She threw the sheet of metal onto the growing pile of journal and got back to working on the obsidian mannequins.

🔥💥🔥

"Dear Diary,

It has been two years since my village was destroyed by the scuffed version of dragons and I still couldn't sleep a single second. In the time I was away from you, I had suceed in creating a fully functioning metal based joint. I will now find a material that can be used as a replacement for muscles, and hopefully, it will only take one year like with lubricium. I know that you are not supposed to be my notebook but please bear with me as I permanently scar your face with the information of the alloy. It's..."

"Hello again, Diary,

It's been a while hasn't it? I found a way to make muscle replacement and got a little too carried away, so now we have a fully functioning humanoid body made of metal and igneous materials after only eight years! Turns out being a volcanic Kami does have its' pros. I gained a boost in my fire (not sure why it took me so long to realize) and earth affinity. Metal got a smaller boost, but I was better at it before so it balanced out with earth. Also, great news, I've been expecting for a while now."

"Dear Diary,

Just to clarify, I didn't get knocked up, just the plants I've been tending to lately. Also, still no sleep."

"DЕАЯ D\dгу,

Тне шзэď w8яжdе w3гг OV\_____"

"Hey Diry,

So the firt time I got hihg was relly good, nothig was brokn and I've fond no sing of an army marhing this way. But jsut to be etra creaful, kepe an yey ut for me, k? Ima gonig to slep my hed's kiling me."

"Hi Diary,

Today I made the first functioning mineral humanoid after fifteen years ever since my village was destroyed, possible with a conductum core in place of the brain. Soon you can listen to me instead of just getting your face melted by my finger every once in a few years. Just wait until I can make the other senses working, at least better than just really really bad eyesight."

"Ey Diary,

I figured out the problem. I've been neglecting water and wood, which was actually useful for making the eardrums malleable and providing the autonomy of life. I have finally made a one hundred percent working mineral living creature, or liveral creature, he he he."

Kou put down the sheet of metal and went up to a small silhouette standing on a raised platform. She put her hand on the sphere in the silhouette's chest and pulsed her fire through it and pushed it into the flesh-like material of the liveral. A smaller, more animalistic figure hopped on her left shoulder and squeaked into her ear.

"Yah lil' Tar, Mama's gonna turn Diary on!"

Suddenly a voice rang out.

"What's-a goin' on heer?"

👽 🤌 🙏😣👑

(The same time Kou woke up)

"WHAT DU YU MEEN YU THRRU IT AWE?!"

"L-Listen Kaguya-"

"IT WOS-A ZHE FOCKIN' IMORRTAL ELIXERR-E!"

"I was trying to-"

"E'm-a sorrre, but thiz-a rrelashunship iz-a not gunna wok."

"Kaguya-"

"Forr-e zhe last tham, ma nem iz-a Nisha Chiarra di Luna, not-za whoteva yu a trroying to sey!"

"Bu-"

"E'M-A BRREKIN' UP WIT YU! STUPID TONJE4Tuanjie!"

Then Nisha Chiara left the palace, never to be seen again.

Lunarians are Italian in this fic. Deal with it.

1