Ch.13 – Decisions regarding the future and a new foe?
218 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As time goes by, I think a lot about the future. About our preparations for the journey to the mountain. The number of summons I want for that trip. How I will know the difference between summoning a minor and a greater servant. And the type of relationship I have with Sammy at the moment, and the kind of relationship the two of us will or should have in the future. I mean, was kissing her really a good idea? We blurred the lines between our different ranks and there will probably be consequences for that in the future. On the other hand, no one has told me that I'm not allowed to have a romantic kind of relationship with her. And the chance that someone is going to object to it is next to nothing, since I'm in the highest position as the Demon King.

If no one should object, does this mean that I could technically have a harem? Since I can probably just summon whatever I want, the possibilities and quantities are almost endless. I'm trying my best to think of what I want, but since I have no idea what races exist and what I can actually summon, I'm left empty-handed. Well, it's not an urgent matter, I can think of something when the need arises. With this and the other issues sorted, I get out of the lake and make my way to my clothes. I get dressed and make my way to Sammy who is supposed to be waiting for me at our shelter.

My assumption is correct, and I find her sitting on a log, sharpening a sturdy looking long branch. “Are you still at it?” I ask her as I approach. “I only started a few minutes ago. It took longer than I expected to find a suitable piece to work with.” She gives me a wry smile after answering my question. I decide to sit down next to her on the right and watch her craftsmanship in action. With a slight blush on her face, I notice her glancing at me occasionally, but she remains silent. “Is something wrong?” I ask out of curiosity. “No! I mean no. I'm just a bit embarrassed if you're watching me so closely.” “Oh, don't mind me.“ I say as I reach for the journal strapped to her belt. Sammy stops her carving to watch the movement of my hand carefully.

“Ok journal, how do I know the difference between summoning a minor and a greater summon when using corpses as substitutes?” I ask aloud, and shortly after I get the following answer: ‘As you may have noticed, the conversion of corpses into minor summons produces a white light when the appropriate magic is used. The ability to create a greater summon is indicated by a green light instead of a white one. The change in colour is automatic, so there is no need to worry. However, if you wish to summon lesser minions, you will need to change the colour back to white manually. Please note that boss summons and above cannot be created this way, as they require a summoning portal.’

I close the journal, much to Sammy's surprise. “You don't want to know more about the summoning portal?” She asks legitimately. “No, at least not now. I want to focus on the near future. If I wanted to know all the if's, when's and how's, we'd never do anything and achieve nothing in the long run. It's better to break our goal down into reasonable chunks and tackle them one by one than to plan a huge task that could fail at the first step. Isn't that right, Miss Spearmaker?” I finish my speech and the question at the end must have hit home, because both she and I look at the half-finished weapon in Sammy's hand. With a blush and a flustered “Yes” she agrees and continues carving.

I stow the journal away and decide to tease Sammy a little by lightly stroking her lower back. She stiffens quickly and a high-pitched “Eep!” comes from her mouth. I laugh and get up to start the campfire for tonight, only to hear a small complaint from Sammy. As I light the fire, the bushes rustle and 4 familiar kobolds emerge. When they see me, they almost run towards me and wait patiently for me to finish my task.

I stand up and turn to face them, and they almost lose their minds. “Boss, boss! Cave found. Wolf-pack inside. About 7ish. More kinsman. When kill?” I think about it for a moment before I say, “Let's go to sleep for now, it's already getting dark. I will have decided my answer by tomorrow. Oh, and don't forget your night watch.” Sammy has also finished the spear and hands it to the only kobold without one, and both she and I head inside our shelter.

Covered under the fur, I notice something different about Sammy. “Why do you smell different today?” I ask her. “What do you mean, different?” “Don't get me wrong,“ I start, “instead of your usual scent, you smell more feminine. I don't know if I can say it's erotic, but I really like it.” “Looks like I have no choice but to satisfy your cravings, don't it?“ She replies, placing her hand on my chest and tugging my shirt-hidden nipple. Deciding to go on the offensive, I take that naughty hand in mine and we both make out a bit before deciding to go to sleep. The bath must've been very relaxing because I fall asleep quickly.

[Sammy’s POV]

I wonder if he is asleep. “Thanatos?” I ask quietly but receive no reply. I carefully slip out of the fur and head outside. A kobold comes down from a tree before asking me, “Where going?” “Oh, just a quick trip to the lake, nothing more.“ I reply, but the next question is already in my way. “Need company?” “No, I'm fine by myself.“ That does it, and with a simple “Ok“. The kobold returns to its tree and I'm finally free to wash my clothes.

The short trip ends with me carefully walking the last few dozen metres to the lake. Hiding behind a bush, I take a close look at the area and almost can't believe what I see. A large, 8-legged white wolf is standing on the bank, drinking from the water. It must be at least 3 times bigger than the ones we have seen before. How can I estimate it? Because it's accompanied by 7 regular wolves.

A distant howl pierces the still night, alerting the canines. The white wolf, probably their leader, lifts his head and begins to run in the direction the howling must have come from.

I wait at least half an hour before I go to the lake to wash my clothes. Even now, after I have taken them off, there are still threads that connect the leotard and my pussy, but I just clean everything up and get into the clothes that are wet from the water and go back. Back in our shelter I quietly undress again to dry my clothes and slip under the fur, now almost naked. If I get up before him tomorrow, everything should be fine, no?

Phew, I almost had to release this chapter tomorrow, but here it is, still steaming due to its freshness. I wonder what role the white wolf will play in the future.

4