Chapter 166: Watching
47 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With a relieved sigh, Yelina wiped the blood off her cheeks, exclaiming, "Phew, I'm finally done. Ahh, I can finally go home!"

The man in the white robe declared, kneeling before Yelina, "Excellent job, princess! All these disgusting bastards are gone, and both human and non-human slaves have been rescued."

"That is good; get them proper care, accommodations, and therapy," Yelina instructed. The man nodded before exiting the building, with Yelina following closely behind.

Observing the injured former slaves being tended to by their healers, Yelina asked with a sad tone, "How can people be so cruel to enslave innocent beings?"

"People can be cruel for no good reason, princess," the man shook his head and sighed.

"Hah, the concept of slavery is unnecessary, especially in this time period with our growing magic and technology. Yet, most human and inter-race countries still dare to promote it," Yelina said with a frown, watching as the lifeless bodies of former slaves were brought out of the building. The other slaves, escorted out, trembled with eyes devoid of the will to live.

"It seems I have to clear them all later on," Yelina said with a cold tone, gripping her hand.

"Well, Imanity is just filled with evil people. We can never truly eliminate evil," the man shook his head once more.

"Then, Alfred, I shall eliminate as much as I can, so people in our territory can live in peace and light!" Yelina declared, and the cross in her eyes glowed.

"And I shall follow you wherever you go, princess," Alfred bowed down and declared, earning a smile from Yelina.

"Quickly prepare the carriage to transport these people. Once their injuries and mental state have been cared for, they'll undergo training and be given citizenship!" Yelina's voice boomed through the whole place, and the people in white placed their hands on their chests, yelling, "As you command, Princess!"

"Miss, please, were you the one who saved us?" a little girl with innocent eyes walked up to Yelina.

"Yes, she is the great Royal Human Princess Yelina Hupan!" Alfred declared loudly, his hands behind his back.

"Alfred, stop being so uptight. You'll scare the kid," Yelina said with a playful nudge on his back.

"Just doing my job, Princess," Alfred mumbled beneath his covered face so Yelina couldn't see his expression.

"I'm glad that you're okay," Yelina said, patting the slightly frightened girl on the head. "You're a strong girl to be able to have hope in your eyes!" Yelina complimented the girl, and she beamed.

"Thank you so much for saving us," the girl thanked as tears began to stream down her face.

She clasped her hands together, looking up at Yelina, "I prayed every day to the god of peace and the god of light for mercy and to save me and my friends. And you came to save us. Thank you so much!"

"Haha, I'm glad I got here to save you just in time!" Yelina said with a smile, and the girl hugged her. Alfred was ready to remove the girl off Yelina, but Yelina raised her hand to him to stop him, and she gently hugged the girl.

"Wow, miss, you're a Royal Human? You're so tall!" a young elf boy popped up behind the girl, looking up at Yelina.

"Yes, I am," Yelina confirmed.

"I heard Royal Humans are all scary and mean, but you're nothing like that," he said excitedly.

"Hahah, of course, we aren't all like those rumors. I'm much better than that!" Yelina declared as she let go of the girl.

"Did you kill those people?" The boy asked with a dark expression, and so did the girl as they looked up at her.

"Of course, I did. Evil people like them don't deserve a second chance," Yelina said with a bright smile, and the girl and the boy beamed.

"That's good. Blessings to the god of light and the god of peace!" The girl said happily with teary eyes as her body trembled.

“Now, go along, kids. My people have set up a bath for you guys to get cleaned up. And also, get a pair of new clothes before we depart to the inner parts of Karo. The outside parts are no longer safe!" Yelina informed them, and they nodded.

"Okay, miss, and thank you once again!" They both said in unison and dashed off.

"Children their age shouldn't be thinking so cruelly," Yelina sighed as she calmly observed the people around.

"Well, we can't think of them as innocent after what they've been through," Alfred sighed.

"Wipe their memories of being slaves," Yelina commanded, and Alfred's eyes widened in surprise.

"Princess Yelina! Such magic shouldn't be wasted on commoners. What's more, it takes a lot of magic from our mages to perform such a high-level spell," Alfred protested, but he was immediately met with Yelina's cold eyes.

"I don't care, just do as I say. It's better that way. They should have no memory of that experience. If not, the never-ending cycle of pain and hatred shall continue," Yelina said calmly, and Alfred nervously stared at her.

"Huh, I heard something," Yelina's eyes glowed, and she immediately disappeared.

Yelina dashed in the sky and noticed a carriage speeding away. She stared down coldly and dashed towards it.

"Shit, shit, shit," the man riding the carriage angrily hissed and whipped the back of his droles. "Who knew things would end up this way. I barely escaped with my life with the invisibility artifact. The slave business is ruined!! How would I gain more money? Dammit, that crazy Royal Human."

"Did you really think you could get away so easily?" Yelina asked coldly as she stood next to him in his carriage, and the man's face looked horrified, causing him to steer the reins in the wrong direction, and the droles went off course and crashed.

"Please let me go; my children and sick wife are waiting," the man pleaded in fear, but Yelina coldly held him by his neck.

"You think I care?" Yelina asked with a cruel smile.

"If you think I'm lying, here are their photos in my pendant," the man hurriedly showed Yelina his pendant, revealing a painted portrait of a lovely woman and two daughters.

"So why were you part of them?" Yelina asked coldly, and the man trembled.

"I only did it to get money for my sick wife. Please, I'm begging you, I didn't want to do this. When I found out about this, they threatened to kill me and my family, so I joined them to save myself. That was the only option if I was to survive!" The man explained himself, but Yelina's gaze didn't change.

"Don't worry," Yelina said.

"Hah," the man sighed in relief.

"In your next life, I hope you become a good person!" Yelina said coldly before she punched his head to the ground, smashing it and the ground around her into pieces.

"If I had let you go, you wouldn't have repented. That greedy look in your eyes showed that you would continue with the slave business. It seems I have more people to kill to ensure peace in my country," Yelina said and disappeared.

__________

"I'm so glad the marriage proposals failed!" Aurianna cheered as she stood before her mansion.

"Hah, my mansion," Aurianna yelled as she quickly ran inside, ignoring the guards behind her who were carrying heaps of gifts.

"Welcome back, princess!" The maids and butlers greeted as they stood at each side of the hall.

"It seems you all have been managing my mansion quite nicely," Aurianna stated with an approving nod as she ran her finger along the walls, while the servants nervously observed her.

"Yes, we have," they all said in unison.

"Princess!!" Yui yelled as she jumped towards Aurianna, but Aurianna immediately dodged her hug, and Yui crashed head first to the ground.

‘Head maid, you idiot!’ the servants cried inwardly as they glared at Yui.

"Aye, aye, ouch," Yui rubbed her aching head.

"Princess, why did you dodge my hug?" Yui asked with teary eyes.

"Learn to have some respect for me!" Aurianna bellowed, immediately delivering a kick to Yui and stepping on her.

"Princess, I love it when you step on me!" Yui declared with an ecstatic expression, but Aurianna just cringed at her words and frowned.

‘This pervert,’ Aurianna thought before stepping away from Yui.

"Ehh, princess, don't look at me with such a disgusted face!" Yui cried with a pitiful expression.

"So, were there some changes while I was asleep?" Aurianna sighed.

"The old head maid quit, so I was appointed as the new head maid! Also, some maids and servants left since their pay was reduced when you weren't around."

"I see, so anything else," Aurianna nodded in understanding before looking at Yui, who stood upright.

"Those who quit were replaced by slaves," Yui stated, and Aurianna raised an eyebrow.

"Slaves? Doesn't anyone in this palace know how I detest being served by lowlifes? What's more, slaves! Is this an insult to me or something!" Aurianna yelled, a bit angry.

‘After cooperating with Ostusi and Valfar. They'll be keeping an eye on me to see if I'm on their side. Right, Eva?’ Aurianna asked for confirmation of her speculation.

"Yes, they would. I mean, why would they want someone who mistreats slaves on their side? It would be a bad look for you," Eva said with a slight chuckle in Aurianna's head.

‘Unfortunately, what's more, I need their army to go against Paige in the near future. I don't hate other races. But I do detest slaves due to how foolish they think. Instead of killing themselves and dying with dignity, they prefer to be used and later be killed by others. Do they fear those who oppress them that much? Interesting!’ Aurianna thought with an evil grin that sent shivers down the spines of those watching her. ‘Instead of fighting till their last breath, they immediately give up and become lifeless beings with no will to live, but they don't want to die either. Suffering too humiliation. I hate that mindset very much,’ Aurianna thought as she gritted her teeth.

"Well, you can't blame them for keeping a bit of hope," Eva said, and Aurianna could hear the amusement in her voice.

‘Hope? Well, they can have that. I just don't understand them. I'm sure Vatium clearly warned some of those people. Since I noticed some small clans around us began to disappear. But it seems others were quite stubborn and were captured back then,’ Aurianna frowned as she thought about it.

"Princess, are you listening?" Yui asked, snapping Aurianna from her thoughts.

"Ah, yes, I spaced out a bit. Do continue with what you were saying?"

"Well, there wasn't anyone who wanted to be your maid anymore. And Queen Amber wanted to get you better-looking slaves, but last year most of the slaves escaped the country without anyone noticing. I heard it was due to a high-level demon who aided them," Yui said as they walked down the halls.

"So it was difficult to get slaves," Yui continued, "Most of the demon towns around had suddenly disappeared. For the others, no one would dare to provoke them, especially the elves. So we had to buy slaves from other human countries outside the Graias continent."

"What do you mean outside the Graias continent?" Aurianna asked, raising an eyebrow as she was a bit confused.

Yui placed her hand on her cheek as she collected her thoughts before blurting out, "Well, more raids like this happened to all the countries dealing with slaves! Even the other demon countries whom we suspected of conducting this raid. However, it wasn't them since they too lost their human slaves."

4