Chapter 167: Yui Marking
49 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I see," Aurianna mumbled.

‘To think Ostusi used this as an opportunity to free every slave in this continent. That's good. The larger their numbers the more man power I can get. But they need to train them. It would be useless, if they can't even fight. They'll all just be a burden,’ Aurianna thought coldly. ‘Even though it was a good plan to use this opportunity. I'm a bit worried that they'll ask me to be providing them funds to feed all those people. I truly hope they don't, because I have no interest in using my hard earned money for them. Vatium you better have a solution for this!’

Yui hesitantly disclosed, "I couldn't secure commoner servants, since your reputation isn't good with them."

Aurianna nonchalantly shrugged, "Well, I suppose it's better than nothing."

"I would like to sleep for the night, so please prepare a bath for me," Aurianna instructed upon entering her room.

"As you wish, Princess!" Yui declared, leading a group of maids into Aurianna's room, their destination set for the bathroom.

Once the maids had meticulously helped Aurianna into her evening gown, they respectfully bowed and exited her room.

"Today was quite enjoyable," Aurianna remarked with a smile, her gaze fixed on the phone in her hand.

"I made friends," she chuckled while scrolling through her contacts.

Eva, appearing beside Aurianna, remarked with amusement, "I was quite surprised that you did. You usually keep your guard up."

Aurianna acknowledged, "Yes, but I sensed no hostility or ill intention from them. They gave the same vibe as Yui, which, I hate to admit, I appreciate."

Eva smiled, noting, "It seems you truly enjoyed yourself."

"I suppose I did," Aurianna admitted. "However, why would I pass up the chance to make crucial connections with Royal Humans? They both belong to churches that oppose Paige; I just had to befriend them!" A wicked grin adorned Aurianna's face.

Eva quietly mumbled, "It's a pity."

"Did you say something? I didn't catch that." Aurianna asked as she didn't hear what Eva said clearly.

"Never mind; I was just lost in thought," Eva shook her head, leaving Aurianna's bed.

"Good night, Aurianna. I'm off to see Leila!" Eva declared, disappearing into the void space.

"Time is a painful thing to witness. I can see everyone's future and past, but Aurianna, I can't see yours or Leila's at all. It makes me scared. Extremely scared. And something isn't right; I can feel it, but I don't know," Eva stated gravely as she stood in the void space.

_________

"Princess," a voice and a knock echoed outside Aurianna's bedroom.

Annoyed, Aurianna questioned, "Who is it?"

"It's Yui," came the polite response.

"Come in," Aurianna groggily permitted as sleepiness enveloped her. Yui entered, immediately kneeling before Aurianna with a serious expression, a huge contrast from her usual quirky demeanor.

'Hmm, I haven't seen her look this respectful and serious before,' Aurianna thought, locking eyes with Yui.

"I, Yui, want to pledge my undying loyalty to you, Princess. I wish to bear your marking as those demons," Yui declared. In response, Aurianna immediately summoned a shotgun, pointing it at Yui's head.

"You saw it, didn't you?" Aurianna asked coldly, glaring down at Yui.

"Princess, is there some kind of illusion barrier? I noticed that whenever I tried to observe you, you always appeared to be sleeping or reading, which is quite unlike your highness," Yui explained with a smile.

“Answer me," Aurianna demanded.

"I spotted them, but I let them go nor did I report them to King Girsal. They were master's people after all. And I don't think I can win a fight with that many Arc Humans. That would have been a battle I would loose and I would have lost my life if they planned to silence me," Yui nervously chuckled.

"Who says they're my people? What if you're just jumping to conclusions?" Aurianna said, her tone icy.

“The mark on their eyes,” Yui pointed to her eye, “Glows like the ones in your eyes,” she then gestured towards Aurianna's eyes. “And it's obvious that you're the master princess. I refuse to believe you're the servant!!”

“Why are you asking this?” Aurianna questioned, retracting her shotgun from Yui's forehead.

"Because it's not fair for a bunch of strangers to have your mark when I, your maid, have none! It's just not right! It's also not fair!" Yui cried dramatically, slamming her hand on the ground.

‘Ughh, I really don't want to be tied to this woman,’ Aurianna frowned, watching Yui's crocodile tears.

“If you give me your mark, I'd be over the moon. It means I can get closer to you!” Yui declared enthusiastically, clasping her hands.

“Eiii, you're giving me the creeps!!” Aurianna exclaimed, taking a few steps back.

“Let me be crystal clear so I don't sound like a crazed pervert,” Yui said calmly as she stood up. “I'm done spying for King Girsal. I want to serve you, Princess. I see you growing every day, and one day you'll soar above this country! I want to be by your side till that very day,” Yui declared.

“Just so we're on the same page, bearing my mark means any thought or attempt of betrayal would immediately kill you,” Aurianna warned coldly.

“I don't mind at all!” Yui beamed. “I'd never betray you, Princess.”

Aurianna eyed Yui, sighing at the sight of her happy expression. “Hah, fine, from now on, you're one of mine,” Aurianna declared, getting closer and holding Yui's face. She stood on her tiptoes, using her thumbs to touch Yui's eyelids. Suddenly, Yui's eyes began to bleed, and Aurianna stepped back.

“Arghhh!!” Yui screamed in pain as blood flowed from her eyes.

‘What the hell? This didn't happen with the others,’ Aurianna thought, staring at the trembling Yui.

After a few minutes, Yui managed to open her eyes, revealing circular white mark in her pupils. Despite the blood, her eyes showed no signs of injury.

“Princess, is it finally over?” Yui asked, struggling to get up.

“It seems so,” Aurianna said, placing her hand on Yui's and using white magic to heal her injuries and eyes.

“Yaya, I love you so much, Princess!!” Yui pounced, attempting to hug Aurianna, but she dodged, and Yui fell on the ground.

“Have some respect. Don't randomly try to hug me!” Aurianna scolded.

“I thought we just bonded, Princess. After all, I asked for your mark, and you gave it willingly without killing me,” Yui beamed, getting up.

“That doesn't mean you get special privileges,” Aurianna said coldly, taking a seat on her bed.

“That's a shame,” Yui pouted.

“Also, are there any more secrets you're hiding from me, aside from being my father's spy? And what did you report to him?” Aurianna questioned, looking up at her.

"Since I don't know much about you, I reported your daily activities to him. You don't do anything out of the ordinary, apart from hunting monsters and bandits you were asked to take care of," Yui revealed, earning a silent nod from Aurianna.

“I see. Are there any more spies in my mansion?” Aurianna asked as she looked at Yui.

“Yes! Numerous, actually, since it was our duty to watch you and protect you,” Yui said calmly.

“Well, I knew there would be already,” Aurianna huffed.

“So, what's your background?” Aurianna asked curiously as she pried to see Yui’s status, and it was far from what a normal maid had.

[ Name: Yui

Age: 23

Race: Chaos Human

Level: 501

Titles: Charmed by the White Gemaris, White Gemaris' Servant.

Tap to see more….]

‘I should have checked before, and I see those titles…, so everyone I make my servant gets a title, interesting,’ Aurianna thought with a slight smile before she swiped her hand, and the stats screen disappeared.

“I trained with your Divine Knights. So I'm as strong as them!” Yui revealed happily.

“Well, I noticed that your muscles were stronger than an average maid's, but to think you trained with them,” Aurianna muttered, her hand under her chin.

‘It means she could have been part of the underground city knights. So it means she was part of those experiments,’ Aurianna thought as she eyed Yui. ‘For now, I wouldn't reveal anything to her, and I have to get rid of King Girsal's Insignia on her. Eva, can you handle that? It shouldn't disappear; it should work like mine but won't be effective on her.'

‘I can do that,’ Eva’s voice could be heard, and a snap of a finger could also be heard.

“Princess?” Yui called out as she noticed that Aurianna had been silent for a while.

“King Girsal's mark on your back, have you done something about it? He could be spying on this conversation we are having right now,” Aurianna asked coldly.

“Don't worry, princess. I took some measures to tamper with it a little so, in a few minutes, it would work again,” Yui said with an assuring smile.

“That's why your expression looked much better when I healed you, and your back stopped bleeding,” Aurianna stated, and Yui looked a bit surprised that she noticed.

“From now on, father's insignia would still work, but anything relating to us having a conversation, the insignia wouldn't have an effect,” Aurianna claimed, and Yui couldn't help but open her mouth in shock.

“Princess, are you some secret great master like those in the books I read?!” Yui asked curiously as she gave a scrutinizing gaze.

“I'm not!” Aurianna yelled angrily.

“Then how can you be so knowledgeable and smart and have this much power at your age?” Yui asked with a serious expression.

“Ask more useless questions, and I would consider killing you,” Aurianna threatened as she tightened her fist.

“I'm sorry, princess,” Yui apologized as she noticed Aurianna's angry gaze. “It's just that it's rare for such a thing to happen,” she added.

“What explanation do you need? Isn't it clear? That's because I'm a fucking genius!!” Aurianna declared proudly.

“How could that have passed my mind?! It makes a lot of sense now!!” Yui exclaimed with a broad smile.

“Go and rest. I, too, feel very tired, so I need some rest myself. If I don't end the conversation now, I have a feeling that you would bother me the whole night," Aurianna said, dismissively waving her hand.

“Yes, princess, do sleep well!” Yui said as she left Aurianna's bedroom and closed the door.

After leaving Aurianna's room, Yui jumped happily and cheered, “Yaya yay!”

“What makes you so happy, Yui?” Shialor asked as she happened to be walking through the halls herself, looking through some papers in her hands.

“I became closer to the princess,” Yui declared proudly as she eyed Shialor, who looked a bit jealous.

“Your confidence has no bounds. How are you so sure that she wouldn't kill you?” Shialor huffed as she fiddled with her glasses.

“Oh, the princess would definitely kill me if I hurt her. Just that I'm a bit useful to her. You're also useful; if not, you would have been dead already,” Yui said, and Shialor gulped, looking a bit nervous as she stared at her.

“True,” Shialor blurted out.

4