Chapter 168: Pitiful state
58 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Princess, here's today's report," Aurianna nonchalantly savored her glass of milk, her gaze shifting to the butler standing before her.

As emotions of frustration and anger brewed within her, Aurianna thought, 'So that brat really survived! I thought the silence for a week meant he might be dead, and King Girsal was manipulating the news.' Despite her internal anger, she maintained a composed smile.

"You may leave now; I'd like to be alone," she instructed the butler, who bowed and exited, leaving her alone within the large library.

"How annoying," Aurianna muttered in frustration.

Zagan, with a sad tremor in his tone, apologized, "Sorry, Master Zagan is incompetent."

"Don't worry; there will be another chance to deal with him," Aurianna reassured in a comforting tone, patting Zagan gently to calm his trembling nerves.

After a brief moment, Aurianna stood up and made her way through the halls toward the entrance of her mansion. Shialor, spotting her, halted a conversation with some knights and hurried over.

"Good morning, Princess. May I know where you would like to go?" Shailor asked with a polite smile.

"Prepare my carriage. I'm heading to the main palace to see Prince Dwane. I've heard about his near-death experience and recovery," Aurianna stated, and Shialor nodded.

"I shall inform the coach at once!" Shialor exclaimed, taking out a green cube from her ring and walking ahead of Aurianna, who slowed her pace.

'Hmm, that boy being alive is a problem. But he can't reveal it's me who did that to him, considering his limbs and tongue won't heal. I can't believe I didn't use those two weeks to train in the training grounds. Leila must be there. I can't wait to see her! However, I must be cautious; King Girsal has increased the spies in my mansion, watching my every move. He must be suspicious about how I grew so strong in just two years. I must be careful, but I'll enter the training grounds soon,' Aurianna pondered until she reached the entrance of her mansion, where a carriage and ten knights on horses awaited.

"Your carriage is ready, Princess," Shialor announced, and Aurianna nodded, walking toward it. Shialor assisted her into the carriage.

After a short while, Aurianna arrived at the main palace, walking through the halls with Shialor until she spotted Queen Amber, who wore a worried expression.

"Aurianna, you're here!" Amber exclaimed, surprised and curious.

"Mother, how is Prince Dwane?" Aurianna asked calmly, looking up at her mother.

"He'll be fine, but his legs and arms have been sliced off, and for some reason, they aren't growing back or reattaching under a healer’s power," Queen Amber revealed, her lips trembling.

"I fear he may never walk, write, or speak again. Who would be so vile to do this to the Prince of the Shinia Highland? I'm sure it was a plot to sabotage us!" Queen Amber expressed her anger, biting her lips.

"How could this have happened? I just heard the news this morning. Where was he found, Mother? What day? Isn't this bad news for us?" Aurianna bombarded her with questions, displaying genuine concern for Prince Dwane and their kingdom, causing Queen Amber's heart to ache a bit in surprise.

Aurianna thought silently, 'That was a close call. I nearly questioned how this could happen at my party, meanwhile the rumors didn't state when or where the attack happened. I could easily end up as a suspect if I'm not careful. Best to keep my words to a minimum,' she thought, maintaining the facade of a concerned expression on her face.

"It could indeed ignite a war between Sandeph and Shinia. Sandeph is still recovering from the Infinite Nation battle, and I'm uncertain if King Girsal would accept aid from my father. They're not exactly on friendly terms," Queen Amber murmured, and Aurianna couldn't hide her annoyance at standing next to her.

'If the Mena Empire intervenes, there might be a chance to defeat Shinia. But Shinia has alot of Arc Humans, so it won't be so easy,' Aurianna pondered, her hand resting on her chin.

"Mother, may I have a short time with him? Since the incident occurred in our territory and he was our guest, I feel like I owe him an apology," Aurianna pleaded, flashing Queen Amber a cute expression. Suddenly, spark hit Queen Amber's heart, and she couldn't help but comply.

"Yes, I know an apology won't be enough for him, but it may ease his heart if you say it!” She declared happily. “I shall lead you to the room he's staying in,” she added and Aurianna followed behind her.

'Suddenly, Aurianna is acting mature!!’ Queen Amber observed with a happy expression.

After a few minutes, they stood before a door guarded by twelve golden knights who bowed upon seeing them.

Queen Amber announced, “My daughter wishes to see the prince!” The knights, however, didn't move.

"Unfortunately, his Majesty King Girsal instructed us not to allow anyone, even you, Queen Amber, to enter," the knight calmly informed, provoking Queen Amber's anger and reddening her face.

"That wretched man!" she exclaimed, causing a slight tremor in the halls, but the knights still didn't move.

"Mr knight, can't I see him?" Aurianna stepped forward and asked, her tone gentle. "The prince is probably in pain, and I just want to comfort him."

Aurianna's voice softened the knights' expressions, and one of them happily relented, "That's okay the , Princess. You can see him, but keep the visit brief, you can only talk with him for a few minutes." Aurianna nodded.

"That's fine, and thank you," she expressed her gratitude.

"Is it just me, or have you become kinder, Aurianna?" Queen Amber asked curiously, surprised by the change.

‘Well I'm only being kind since it would help me to avoid suspicion. The old man isn't as clueless as I thought. I won't let him embarrass me like during the Infinite Nation battle! But I shouldn't be too nice or he'll realize something is off,' Aurianna thought before turning to her mother. "I'm just a bit worried, Mother," she replied, and Queen Amber nodded.

'Chi, chi, chi, that was so easy,' Aurianna scoffed before entering the room, the doors closing behind her.

Inside the room was wide and in the middle of the room, on the luxurious bed, there laid prince Dwane still on the bed and sniffles could be heard. An evil smile crept on her face as she walked closer to him and her heel clacks could be heard in the room.

Aurianna pondered as she approached Dwane, 'Eva’s privacy barrier is likely still up. Saying anything, they'll hear something entirely different.’ Once she reached Dwane’s side she could see the terror in his eyes as he met her gaze.

“Oh, brat, you're still alive?” Aurianna asked, her tone as cold as her gaze.

“Ugh, ughh,” Dwane attempted to scream for help, but lacking a tongue, arms, or legs, his efforts were futile.

“Shh, shh, shh, calm down. I'm not going to kill you just yet,” Aurianna said, placing her hand on his lips. “But you're one lucky kid,” she withdrew her finger, a frown creasing her face. “A repulsive jerk. Engaged to ten girls, and you still have the nerve to propose to me. Filth needs to recognize its place,” she said coldly, glaring at him.

‘So that is what she is mad about?!’ Dwane seethed. ‘You wretch, because of you, I'm in this mess!! And the ten girls – didn't I explain that polygamy is allowed in my country? I had interest in you just because you were beautiful, but who knew you were a psycho!!’

“Hah, false promises and hope. Honestly, just looking at you makes me want to rip your face off!” Aurianna gritted her teeth, casting a venomous glare.

‘Every day, I waited for this revolting brat to step in and save me from that cell, but he did nothing. He gave me hope that he'd protect me, he would be my sword and shield when I had no one. He would never abandon me. What a load of bullcrap. Chi, chi, chi, Aurianna, he's beneath you. No need to dwell on it. But if I don't see him suffer and die, I won't find peace,’ Aurianna thought coldly, her hand touching Dwane's face, causing him to tremble.

“Ughh, ugh, ugh!” (I'll report this to King Girsal.)

“Oh, go ahead. Whose side do you think my father would pick? His cute, adorable daughter who managed to be friends with a Royal Human, or some useless prince born lucky?” Aurianna sneered, and Dwane's face darkened.

‘Friends with a Royal Human?’ He was stunned. ‘Batholem? The one from the party?! When I wanted to be friends, he didn't even look my way, but he became friends with this maniac?!’

“Well, why would he be friends with a dull person like you?” Aurianna scoffed.

‘Wait, how is she hearing my thoughts?’ Dwane's eyes widened in shock.

“Yes, I have a friend. A Royal Human and a prince of the Promise Land, Karo Batholem, the one you're thinking of,” Aurianna declared proudly, and Dwane bit his lips.

“If I just express my dislike for you, your country would be wiped out. You know how? When all the Royal Family's corruption and evil deeds are investigated and revealed, by the Royal Humans!!” Aurianna declared happily.

‘Aurianna, that's a lie. At most, they would just arrest the Royal Family members and install new rulers,’ Eva clarified, and Aurianna huffed inwardly.

‘Let me bluff a little, Eva!’ she whined.

‘I'll make you regret this!’ Dwane thought, glaring at her.

“Kid, I despise you more. Pray we don't cross paths again. Next time, I won't be so sloppy with my work,” Aurianna warned before walking away.

[ Poison touch was activated. The target's body would slowly deteriorate in a painful way. ]

5