Say what now?
258 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, did you do it?" Adam asked the moment he saw Yuuto, his uniform had splattered with blood which was a mix of his own and…

"Yes, Sensei," Yuuto answered Adam who was standing at the door, "I killed Valper with my own hands."

While dealing with Kokabiel, Adam left Valper alone and then healed Yuuto secretly.

Yuuto taking this opportunity went after Valper, someone who had destroyed his life for his revenge. Since that was the only reason he was alive.

'He had quite an impressive hostility towards that man, and even against those two from the church,' Adam had noticed which is why, he had made that stage for Yuuto to get his hatred sorted out, 'It is not really good to keep those type of thoughts for an extended period.'

"Do you feel any different now?" Adam asked and Yuuto shook his head, he didn't get any satisfaction after killing Valper. It just felt empty at the time but thankfully.

"He tried to break my spirit by talking about the experiment, and then he took out a crystal…" Yuuto was enraged at that moment and killed Valper, but that crystal was something he was left with, no it was the only thing he was left with in this world at this moment.

It contained the essence of his dead friends, the reason Valper had raised them for this very thing, he wanted to kill them and gather their essence together to transfer it to someone else; that is how Valper was trying to create an artificial Holy sword wielder.

And he succeeded in that with Freed(The one who was killed with one punch).  

And the remaining essence was taken in by Yuuto, but not by his choice. His dead friends gave their talents and powers to him of their own volition and because of that, he was now complete.

He was living on for them, but now he could live for himself thanks to them.

"Did you find out what you need to do now?" Adam asked and Yuuto nodded, his mind had now changed. Before he was focused on his revenge but now…

"I want to stay in the peerage and protect them," Yuuto had now found his own family, and this time he was determined to do anything to keep them safe this time.

"That's good," Adam nodded, this was good for Rias since she would have a dependable knight under her command.

'The only one who is weird in her peerage is Issei,' Adam shook his head because he wasn't that bad, 'only his personality is troublesome.' Other than that Issei was a powerful guy who could handle the people that came her way.

And Adam himself didn't want to be commenting on someone's personality anyway.

'I don't really have to worry about the small fries that come in Rias and Akeno's way, they should be able to handle them,' Adam thought as Yuuto went away after eating some chicken, he seemed to have calmed down and was on his way to Kuoh academy to apologize for his previous behavior.

And as expected he was forgiven easily once Rias understood why he acted that way.

"That sounds just like Rias," Adam said with a sigh, he expected her to punish Yuuto a little just in case, but she didn't do that.

"Yes, she can be surprisingly lenient most of the time," Akeno giggled, and her words did Adam in an unexpected place because he could neither deny them nor criticize it.

"Yeah… I know about that," He had been saved by that attitude twice, which is why he felt a little bad taking advantage of it, but it didn't negate the fact that he did that.

So, where was he now?

'I should talk about it now that she has brought up the topic,' He was at Akeno's house like he mentioned earlier this day.

And she welcomed him with a smile, wearing a simple kimono that hugged her figure rather tightly. Then she brought him to her room and told him about what happened later when Yuuto arrived.

But now wasn't the time to talk about Yuuto.

"So, Akeno about the thing I wanted to say," Adam turned to look at her, and she seemed to waiting for it as well.

"Yes, please continue," She didn't seem to show any signs of discomfort, even while knowing what he was going to talk about.

"Would you like to marry me?" Adam was straightforward for two reasons, first, because he was now sure that Rias didn't mind it, and second…

"My My, am I going to be an official wife as well?" Akeno covered her mouth in shock because of what she had heard, "I thought that I would forever be the mistress." And as much as she tried to make it sound like a big deal, it didn't look like that it would've bothered her much.

"Sigh, Of course I wouldn't do that, I have to take responsibility for what I did," Adam had noticed that she wasn't against this idea from her reaction but, "Are you sure that you are okay with this?" he still asked that just to be sure.

"Of course, in fact, I couldn't be happier," Akeno smiled and this just threw Adam off further.

"Nothing is going as I thought…. But somehow I am not mad at all," He sighed since what was happening was good for him, which was weird considering how he was dreading this moment for so long.

"Ufufu, you really think too much Adam," Akeno giggled making Adam look up, "It is true that women have a complicated thought pattern, but…" she moved forward and cupped his face and continued while looking into his eyes. "We become hopelessly dumb and simple-minded when we fall in love."

"…Is that so?" Adam asked and Akeno nodded, she could see that he was the type to think too deeply. But he was also the type of person who would eventually be truthful, because he didn't like lying to someone he liked.

'I suppose, some men are also like this,' Akeno smiled understanding Adam's conflict to a certain extent.

So to her, it was only a matter of time before he came around to get her, after going through everything in his mind.

"To be truthful, Rias already accepted the fact that you'll have multiple lovers after you left the first time," Akeno said and Adam's eyes widened in shock, which is why she explained further, "It is because of your shop Adam, she already concluded that you had other lovers even before you met her."

'That seems to be the case,' Adam remembered Rias's previous questions earlier this day.  

And that is why Rias took her time to come back after the rating game, and form a solid relationship with Adam, rather than letting it stay ambiguous like before.

But this was stopped because of the events that transpired before that day.

"What did you think about this, Akeno?" Adam asked and Akeno smiled simply.

"I already accepted it the moment I made my move on you that night because of how close you were with Rias, and I don't mind you having other women besides me," Akeno was clear about her intentions since the start, "as I said, I don't mind being a mistress of your as long as you don't neglect me too much .....but that can also be stimulating in a way~."

'So, she wasn't joking, and she still isn't joking…' Adam didn't know why, but he understood what Akeno meant before, while ignoring her last comment.

"Well, I'd try to not make you feel lonely," Adam was now certain that he would need to work harder, to not break Akeno's trust.

But what he didn't think about was, the person he was talking to was Akeno. She wasn't the type to mince her words in any way.

"Hmm~, I didn't think that you would worry about me so much," Akeno smiled mischievously while climbing onto his lap.

"I just think that's the least I can do…" Adam was trying to do his best, he would need to do that, because the women he was surrounded with were really looking out for him in their own ways.

"I see, but there is a way we can make this easier~, this way even if you don't come by often, you won't need to worry about me~," Akeno said while caressing his face lightly with her small hands, and her words caught his attention.

"How?" He asked wondering what he could do, since it felt like this was something Akeno wanted. So, he wouldn't spare any effort, but the next words were unexpected.

"Let's have a child," The answer was somewhat out of pocket.

"...Say what now?"

10