Akeno!
308 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What is going on?" Adam looked between and Rias and Akeno because of that weird tension, he could feel that these two were up to something, but it was hard to pinpoint what it was since he didn't know about it.

Thankfully, there was no need for him to think too much, since the saviour arrived once again.

"It is about your contracts Adam," Akeno was straight to the point, "Rias thought that there has to be a number of contracts you need to fulfil to be free from the shop, an-" but it didn't continue for long.

"Akeno stop!!" Rias hurriedly covered Akeno's mouth with a blush, there was no way she wanted Adam to hear her plans, but…

"Rias if something is worrying you because of me, let me know…" Adam also felt like he should listen to this, "If you have any worries with me, don't try to hide it just to avoid possible problems… let's see what I can do with this so it doesn't get worse later." he had thought of it before and it was true.

'That shop gets in the way a bit too much…' But there was nothing Adam could do about it, thus he needed to know what Rias actually thought about the matter.

"You see, now you've made him really anxious…" Akeno knew that there was no way Adam hadn't thought about it, if anything she knew how much the shop would affect his relationships.  

And in a way the main reason for his denial before came from that shop, since he never thought he would be able to get into a proper relationship, thanks to the nature of that shop and his contracts.

But now that they had a concrete relationship, she knew that it would weigh on his mind to continue doing that, even if they didn't seem concerned with it, and now it seemed like they were concerned about it.

"Well, it isn't that I have a problem with the contracts you make…" Rias said with a sigh, "My problem is with the women you might end up making them with." She had already expressed her opinion on this matter before, and Adam remembered it.

It was something he wouldn't forget no matter what.

"But what does that have to do with the current topic?" Adam wondered why she had such a big reaction, to him not making a contract with Grayfia.

"That was because Rias thought that, you may be tied to the shop with the condition to make a certain number of contracts…" Akeno explained when she saw that Rias was hesitating a little, but it wasn't because of this topic.

"Akeno!" Rias glared at Akeno who just shook her head.

"If you do not want me to say it, please say it yourself, otherwise I may not be able to control my mouth, and speak of things that aren't supposed to b-" Akeno's mouth was covered a second time by a blushing Rias.

"I get it! I get it! I'll speak!!" She didn't know what Akeno would talk about, but she certainly didn't want her to speak, since some shameful things will come out for sure.

'What is happening?' Adam on the other hand was still waiting for his explanation, but he didn't mind it since the two seemed to be getting along well, 'Ah! No, the explanation is important as well.'

And thankfully he didn't need to wait for long, because of Rias's fear of Akeno blurting out some things, she didn't delay any longer.

"I thought that if you have to make a set number of contracts, then it would be better if you make some with the people you can trust, and wouldn't mind getting into a… relationship with," Rias said with a sigh, this thought came to her when Akeno expressed her desire to make a contract with Adam.

Rias already knew that the contracts were a way for Adam to get involved with other women, and given how he was, he might get attached to them if they showed a positive reaction like her.

This is why them getting into a relationship was natural for her.

So, what she basically wanted to do was…

"Fill up the spots of your harem with people who would love you back," Akeno completed Rias's unfinished explanation.

"Akeno!" Rias was pissed because she was about to say that, but she was embarrassed to do it.

"You are too slow…" Akeno looked like she was holding a grudge against Rias, and as weird as it sounded she really did harbor one now.

On the other hand, Adam seemed to have understood what happened so far.

"So, that is why…." Adam looked at Rias and she nodded without looking at him, she didn't know if she should say anything, she just involved someone really close to her, just because of her own selfish desires.

"I see, I now understand why you pushed the contract with Grayfia," Adam now clearly understood Rias's previous actions.

She wanted Grayfia to be included in the group of women, who Adam made a contract with for a few reasons.  

First, she knew that he was interested in Grayfia and the feeling was mutual between them to an extent.  

Second, she knew that because of Grayfia's personality, she wouldn't let Adam go after they did the deed.  

Third, because of Grayfia's personality, Rias knew that she would stick to Adam, and support him through everything.

And Fourth, this way Rias would be able to fill a spot in Adam's contract list, and lessen the chance of him coming across a manipulative person, who could take advantage of him.

But now all of that seemed pointless, because the two didn't even make a contract, and from Adam's words, it didn't look like he had helped Grayfia much, so that feeling of gratitude wouldn't be strong enough for her to do something more extreme and move the way Rias thought.

'And now that she had found her brother, I don't think Grayfia is as desperate as before to make a contract,' Rias just looked down at the floor as the plan had failed spectacularly, and now there was even a chance that she might've made Adam angry with her needless intervention.

'Just great going Rias… you've actually managed to make mistakes in just one week after your enagagement,' She didn't know if she should pat herself on the back or bang her head on the ground.

'There she goes needlessly thinking again,' Akeno could feel Rias's worry through her clenched fists, she would've understood how pointless her thoughts were if she just looked up.

But there was no need to since the guy himself made a move this time without any need for her words.

"Wha-?!" Rias was shocked to find herself in the familiar embrace.

Yes, Adam just quietly came forward, and hugged her.

'She is really thinking too much about me…' Adam was happy to get this kind of care and honestly, it made him all light and fluffy.

After being transported to the other world it was rare for someone to care for him at all, not to mention that he had to basically fend for himself for years with no one, it really made him weak to this type of care and affection, no matter how weird or unnecessary it may seem to others, for him it was everything.

"You really should've ended up with someone better," Rias's eyes widened when she heard those words again, and she was about to speak again, but there was no need for her to voice her rejection this time.

"But now it is too late, I am not letting you go," Rias froze slightly hearing those words, but then smiled.

"I won't forgive you if you did that," Rias wrapped her arms around him, and rested her body against his.

"I could never," Adam chuckled but there was still something weighing on Rias's mind.

"But are you really going to just let it be?" Rias asked, as he caressed her back slowly to calm her down.

She still felt like she should've at least talked to him about it, but instead, she tried to do things behind his back.

"Well, compared to what you forgave about me... this much is nothing," Adam wasn't lying when he said that, this is what he felt, "And it isn't like you did anything wrong, you also asked me whether I was interested in Grayfia before pushing the contract."

Adam moved back a little and lifted Rias's face with his hand, making their eyes meet.

"You wouldn't have pushed for it if I said, I didn't want to do it, right?" He understood that much from what he knew about Rias.

She may have done that but, it was all in his interest in the end.

"I suppose you are correct," Rias smiled slightly, her mind was calming down just knowing that he wasn't angry with her.

But her heart now started to speed up for different reasons, her body moved forward on its own, and she was about to go for a kiss to get a little more comfort.

"Ahem!" Just that someone clearing her throat brought her mind out of the trance.

"Akeno!!!" Rias glared at Akeno, and she just shrugged.

How does it feel to have a taste of your own medicine? That is what Akeno's face said.

10