2 The Coded maps.
40 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2 

After I handed the documents over to Lord Jacquet he thanked me and I took out the other part to the equation. The dull gold pocket watch I had been carrying on my person since a few years prior.

I gently placed the pocket watch on the table so that it wasn’t covering any of the other information and opened it so the text on the cover and face were visible to the others and asked about the language that is written here “Lord Jacquet May I enquire about this text and where it originates from?”

“Ah yes you won’t know much about it. Your father is a fairly secretive man is he not? Well anyways this ancient text is from a dead civilisation that lived in the far north, they worshiped Many Beings some are godly in nature whilst others are seemingly mortals who became higher beings. It’s really all quite peculiar. Why do you ask?” 

Asked and questioned The Lord.

“ it’s nothing of great note but when I saw the text written here it looked quite similar to the text in my pocket watch which I was given by My Great-Grandfather on my mothers side.” I replied simply but with Intrigue 

“Oh, NOW THIS IS INTRIGUING! Kid, can you pass me the Watch. This could be a great discovery!” He Exclaimed in excitement as I handed the watch over to him and he gently took it and grabbed a gold ornamented loupe from his waistcoat and placed it to his eye as he examined the watch carefully and slowly.

“By the GODS, this is a relic!” He broadcast in a loud but careful voice. 

“How” “This is a great Discovery” and other such things were murmured by the other 20 or so people in the room. 

“Quiet.” Calmly but loudly spoke the Lord causing the others murmuring to quickly subside.

“If possible can you translate the text on there for me?” I asked with unexpected curiosity.

“Well let me see.” He said as he started to examine the text and murmur under his breath that I couldn’t hear and after about five minutes he stopped and has written down what is said on a piece of parchment and continued the meeting and at some point called me over near the end to return the pocket watch to me and whilst doing so secretly handed a piece of parchment to me whilst whispering to me not to let anyone see what is says and handed the pocket watch back to me.

After another hour or so the meeting finally ended and all but I and Lord Jacquet had gone with me remaining due to the maps and documents being something I need to bring to father and so need to be loaded into the seam carriage and so whilst waiting for the carriage to be loaded I looked at the parchment I was given and it said: 

——————

From the dawn of the stars the moon has watched as the Blood drinkers [Vampires?/Revenants?/ other unknowns?] have ruled.

The island of the Empyrean Revenant and his kin lost to time the land of truth and tomb of treachery alongside the Palace of Blood all that step onto the island shall be lost to time and all truths shall be revealed about them.

The *{<~€\*< [Lunaris?] Clan shall ascend the Throne of Argentium and become Demonians of the Moon ruling the Revenants and Spectral beings.

Whilst the *|[<][}\}<|~ [Amyeliana?] Clan shall ascend the throne of Aurumium and become the Divines of the sun ruling over their fellow Vampyras and sun blessed creatures.

——————

“Now you see why I told you not to let any others see what was written don’t you?” Asked the Lord as he came towards me.

“Yes Lord Jacquet it is quite the intreating tale especially the names used for both of the clans, though I do have to ask why are the names in notations?” I replied not masking my curiosity towards it.

“Ah that is because the actual names used have no true modern words for them but are the ancient way of saying the two families from before they were Quiritaised and such a few hundred years ago.” Responded Lord Jacquet as I wondered what this meant and such but as I looked at the original text written on the pocket watch it made me wonder until I saw the time and realised that I would need to hurry back to the Palais béni du soleil (Sun blessed palace) the home we have here in Gallia.

“I must thank you for the explanation however I must go now for I need to return to the Palais béni du soleil Lord Jacquet.” I said in a slightly shocked voice as I was about to leave.

(Characters are now speaking in Avalonian [English] and if they have one * at the end they are speaking Gallian)

I walked to the foyer once again and saw the steward who welcomed us in and as I saw him I asked if the Steam carriage was now loaded to which he replied that it was just finished to which I thanked him and walked to and boarded.

After a few dreary hours in the carriage I arrived back at the Palais béni du soleil and walked inside ordering one of the servants to start unloading all of the documents and maps carefully and headed deeper into the palace until I came to the Master study and knocked on the door 5 times.

“Come in Enoch.” A booming voice sounded after I knocked 

I walked into the study and saw my father sitting at the desk looking towards me 

“I came to report what was discussed and learned at the meeting with Lord Jacquet Father.” I spoke after entering the room and closing the door 

“Good but no need for I already know what the meeting was about.” He calmly replied as I told him why I came to him 

“Also Tomorrow you will depart for Port des Rois Nord (North Kings Port) and board the Léviathan du lever du soleil (Sunrise Leviathan) it will take you due north for about 4 months before going west another 2 months.” He Ordered for me to do 

“Yes father.” I replied hiding my annoyance 

0