Chapter 2: New People
30 3 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After my goodbye to the beautiful angel I didn't expect to appear in the center of a large room with a giant ceiling surrounded by people in white robes with white hoods drawn. And I definitely didn't expect a cute girl to be standing directly in front of me in a princess outfit.

 

"Welcome Hero!" She said, almost jumping on me before I stepped back. 

 

"Whoa their miss we just met and I can't have you getting dirty touching my unwashed self." I said pointing at the dirt and grime clearly visible on my work shirt.

 

Now that I took the second to look at myself I realized what a mess I really was, guess demoing an old rundown building can get messy. You could barely make out my red t-shirt and light blue jeans under the plaster and saw dust coating me head to toe. Even my hair could be mistaken as white instead of my dark brown.

 

I also took the time to pat my pockets to check what I have on me. I find my phone, wallet, keys, knife, and my holster with my revolver in it. Happy that I still had everything, a smile came across my slightly scared face.

 

"Hero, shouldn't there be more of you?" She said looking around.

 

"Oh yeah, they will be along shortly, at least they shouldn't be too far behind…" I comment looking at the space I appeared in. "Say I haven't gotten your name yet, miss would you be so kind as to enlighten me?"

 

"I am princess Napari Sol Augustus of the Saderav Kingdom, Daughter of King Beor Ashwin Augustus.” Said the short blonde pale skinned girl clad in a blue dress. 

 

“What might your name be Hero?" The princess asked.

 

"My name is James Boris Waller, and I hail from the United States of America, from the Great state of Florida." I responded with an air of exaggerated flair.

 

She looked a little flabbergasted at the way I stated where I hung my hat, but she recovered quickly. When the folks around us heard of my origin they had a similar reaction, they took longer to recover, this raised my opinion of the princess in my mind.

 

"Well then Sir Hero could you follow me out of the summoning chamber?" She asked with a cute expression on her mildly blushed face. 

 

"Sure, I think I will like this place." 

 

"Then please follow me." She started walking toward a pair of giant double doors, easily 15ft high. 

 

When I followed in her steps I noticed a knight in full plate armor was trailing behind us. 'Probably her escort' I thought idly while trying to take in as much of my surroundings as possible. 

 

As she approached the doors, runes engraved on the big doors glowed as the doors opened with no assistance. 'Automatic doors that's pretty neat I wonder what else they have.' A thought of several possibilities ran through my mind of what this 'magic' could do.

 

As we left the summoning room we entered into a kind of reception hall with some seating and basic amenities and food available. The hall was a red walled rectangular corridor with paintings depicting people in positions of power such as above a slain dragon, commanding an army, or even some of battle with swords. To the right of the room were a line of tables that showcased very foreign looking food. Along with a fair amount of people, their appearance ranged from more white robes to plate armor to maid outfits. As I was looking at the new people the princess turned to me and spoke.

 

"We would like to appraise your level and class… Could you please place your hand on this orb?" She had gestured to a large glass sphere parched atop an elaborately decorated silver stand. 

 

"How does it work, could you show me?" I asked mainly because I didn't trust these people and for the reason that where I came from magic was only in fantasy stories. 

 

"It's simple." She said, walking up to the orb. "You just place your hand on the orb and it does the rest, like so."

 

I watched as a blue glow emitted from the orb for a second before a blue text window appeared above the orb that read out:

[Name: Napari Sol Augustus

Age: 19

Titles: Princess, The daughter of King Beor Ashwin Augustus, 2nd in line to the throne.

Class: Sorceress 

Level: 32]

 

"See it's that simple!" She said with a cute smile.

 

She's a little younger than me but I expected that. She's also a sorceress whatever that means…

 

"Ok, I think I can give it a try now." 

 

I walked up to the orb and reached my hand to it. It glowed blue at first and then turned green to my surprise. When the blue screen popped up there were several gasps in the room but I don't know what about.

[Name: James Boris Waller

Age: 24 

Titles: Hero, Soldier, Florida Man, True Believer.

Class: Magic Fighter, Combat Medic

Level: 37]

 

"He has two jobs that's impossible…"

 

"What's a 'Combat Medic?' And what can they do?"

 

"His level is higher than the princesses…"

 

Several people spoke at once before I could even finish reading what the blue screen had said.

 

"Wow, you would think that I just met these people and they can't stop talking about me…" I said trying to coax a laugh from the princess, when I glanced at her however she was just staring wide eyed at the blue screen in total shock. 

 

"Hey are you alright." I say as I start to reach for her. Just before I could touch the princess, the tip of a sword was under my chin pressed against my neck. 

 

"Don't touch the princess!" Shouted her escort who was apparently a woman.

 

"It's Alright Elizabeth!" The princess stated with force. 

 

"But my lady-"

 

"IT'S FINE." The princess said with finality.

 

After the princess's last statement the escort withdrew her sword from my neck. 'Note to self, the princess's guard is jumpy.' I thought while checking my neck for blood.

 

"Now you can meet my father. He is going to want to see the first of the summoned heroes." The princess said looking from her guard to me.

 

"Umm by chance princess could I make myself more presentable with a wash perhaps? I don't want to disrespect your father… the King…" I said.

 

"That's no issue… Nova." One of the women in a maid dress approached, Nova I assumed. 

 

"Yes, your highness." Nova said.

 

"Use a cleaning spell on Sir Waller." 

 

"Yes ma'am." Nova started to wave her hand around in a circle after receiving the princesses order.

 

I felt as though my entire body was submerged in a nice warm bath before immediately feeling a giant warm gust of wind that instantly dries me. Looking at myself when the spell was finished all of the dirt on my clothes had vanished, and my shirt almost looked ironed.

 

"That's a very interesting spell…" I comment while checking my clothes.

 

Nova seemed to smile at my comment. It looked good on her face that accentuated her hazelnut eyes. The smile looks very pleasant on the brunette woman.

 

"Alright, now this way to the throne room." The princess led on.

 

End of Chapter

0