Ch19: It’s not safe anymore.
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dove city was calm, cloudy, and gloomy.

The normally cheerful city couldn't help being envelopped by feelings of fear, uncertainity and confusion.

Bad energy lingered in the air, and no one could point out the reason why.

Many murderous incidents happened lately and no explanations were given by the authorities, the press staff that questioned them were only faced by silence and rejection.

Children stopped going frequently to schools, most adults came early from their jobs, it just felt like their safety wasn't guaranteed anymore, the general moral was at it lowest.

Rumours of some serial killer circulated, some even said that some underground gang worked in the shadows and terrorised the officials if their requests were not taken seriously, some even theorised that some kind of bloody plague was spreading due to the high number of recent casualities.

They were all random rumours with little to none foundation, but one thing was true, people died, and their close family members and friends were not allowed to even check their corpses properly before burying them.

And the authorities didn't deny the rumours,  they just kept silence and avoided every press confrontation, it even looked like most of them didnt have a clear idea about what's going on.

"How can a single person murder an entire cinema hall full of audience! It's obviously the work of some cult or some crime organisation!"

"Isn't this silence policy taken by the authorities kind of worrying and weird? Are they aware that they are losing our trust, i dont pay my taxes at times to not be sure if i will get back home alive or not."

"Dad ! Mom ! Let's move from this city, you don't even let me play outside anymore! If it's not safe let's just move out."

"Oh dear child, we have our financial struggles and work obligations, we also want to move, Dove city is not safe anymore."

All over the city, negative thoughts and energy prevailed, no one knew what sinister plots awaited them on the next days.

          *********************************

Dove city Police Headquarters.

In a tight room filled with cigarette smoke, the atmosphere was heavy.

On the two opposite sides of a wooden desk where some official looking documents and papers were scattered all over and two cups of black coffee and a wide name plate on it, two men sat, seriously staring at each other , sometimes seeming lost in thoughts, and sometimes just sighing and wondering how the last events left them in such a dilemma.

The name plate was shiny and black, golden letters were engraved on it making a clear contrast, "Chief Jordan Wallace" , it was the name of the man who held the highest rank among Dove city police force, the same man who was at a lack of words now, staring at Detective Leo Strongheart with hesitating gazes.

He had a bald head ,a black moustache, and a well built body for his age, being an old man, he had the appearance of a guy who took care of his health and did some frequent training despite his age, thick arm muscles that seemed to nearly rip his sky blue work uniform, and cold eyes full of experience.

He decided to break the silence for once.

"Leo, the way things are progressing as you see are not favorable at all, those supernatural incidents keep happening time after time lately, we used to have a degree of control and ability to conceal them, but now it's too much, we are even losing the public trust, and we have no way to explain what's really happening, they'll think of us as lunatics, even some officers among us dont know the real nature of the murders, and it's getting harder to hide all of this, anything to say? You know i trust you well, and i trust that you have some way to handle all of the recent commotion."

Leo sipped coffee from his cup, still staring away and contemplating,then he put the cup on the desk and said:"Chief Wallace, i can only appreciate your trust, and even if the matter on our hands this time is more complex than ever, i give you my word that i'll do my best to get the city peace back."

"You know that most police members can't understand the reason why i give you much value on such matters, you know that unlike you, they don't see ghosts or any supernatural beings you keep telling me about, even me, if it wasn't for my daughter Clara being able to see them, i would have never believed you."

"I understand that well Chief, once the tracking bureau staff get some results and track back the source of that call, we'll have clear results and start unveilling it all."

" I hope so Leo, i really hope so. "

    *********************************

The shovelfield mansion.

It was night, around the fancy table a family of four were having dinner.

"Gill , Helena, eat, i didn't make all this food for you to let it get cold like this." Said their mother with a strict tone.

"Oh dear , leave them be , our kids are handling some serious matters those days, since we called them back from crow city they didn't face such hard times until now."said their dad.

The Shovelfield couple were retired soul facilitators, they lived in Dove city for a long time, unlike Gill and Helena who lived in Crow city and just moved back with their parents, they were familiar with the city, and they managed soul facilitator affairs until they gave the task to Gill recently.

Before moving back with their parents, Gill and Helena lived some years with their uncle, learning about the profound secrets of the supernatural and their soul facilitator duty.

Gill was perplexed, staring at his dinner, he couldn't bite much of the savory steak his mom made for him, everything was tasteless, and the psychopath roaming around turning ghosts into merciless bloody demons was the main cause.

"I'm sorry mom, i'm sorry dad, i'll eat, you too Helena, don't worry our parents more than this."

"Okey brother." Replied Helena.

The care free brother, and the sassy sister, no matter how much they seemed uncontrolable, with their parents, they were tame and obedient, filial piety and respect was a principal to them, and they will never break it.

Bzzz.Bzzz.Bzzz

A phone was ringing, it was Gill's  his eyes shined for once and he answered the call fast.

"Hey Leo, any progress?"

"Yes, the call was tracked back, the source is the city Kendo Dojo, and after fast investigations , since yesterdat, the activity of the people visiting the dojo was weird, the usual practicioners entered it, but never left, and all the windows are closed and curtains masked what's inside, i ordered a patrol unit to guard both back and front enterance and check near security cameras, but to check what inside the dojo, that's our part, police members are helpless against things they can't see and without S-items."

"Then i'll be there in an hour, i'm coming, i'll tell other facilitators to come too."

"No need to call them, i called my group and they are with me now, i'll handle this matter myself this time, just stay outside for reinforcement Gill, and to keep an eye on anything that can escape througg the gates."

"We'r clear then, good luck Leo, stay safe."

0