Ch18: Phone Call.
3 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The halls of the renovated Dove city Hospital were gloomy today, words felt heavy, and the guests just stood there silent, in shock.

Kyle, Laura and Luke waited outside Kev's room, they were told by the nurses that they weren't allowed to enter until the doctor who was checking on him right then decide otherwise.

"Grumpy, sleepy, Kyle, let's get out, Kev needs rest and more time to recover, he'll be fine, the doctor assured me so." Said Gill, who just got out of Kev's room.

The group ,with still apparent sadness on their faces, nodded in silence, and Laura wiped the seemingly unending tears with her hoodie sleeve.

"If only i was stronger, faster and more cautious, my brother wouldn't have lost his arm." Said Kyle while clenching his fist.

"No Kyle, it was fated to happen, you did your best, you did more than your best." Gill patted Kyle's shoulder, and could only comfort him with those words, Kyle and Kev were the previous day's heroes, and Kev sacrifice will remain engraved in their hearts, but for now, leaving the rest of the work to the doctor, they could only pray and hope for his recovery.

"Gill, is it normal that such strong demons appear from nowhere?" Asked Luke.

"It isn't." Gill Pulled out from his pocket a red paper like thing and handed it to Luke so he can see it more clearly. "Here's the red Talisman sister was talking about, it dropped from the demon after i sliced him, i doubt it's usable anymore since it's just a ruined piece of paper now, you can guess the rest."

"It only means this is the work of the same guy who transformed the 13th street ghost into a demon."

"Not necessarily the same guy, it can be a group of people who got those damned talismans from somewhere, but it's indeed related to that incident, by the way, Laura, i'll get you a new better drone soon, we'll need them to scan the area, Dove city isn't safe anymore."

Laura nodded, but couldn't say a word back, she couldn't stop from crying and breathed heavely, her sleeves were all wet from continuous wiping.

The group got out, and headed to their homes, it was a harsh day, and harsher days were yet to come.

****************************************

The weather was nice the next day, and Gill sat out in his family mansion garden, elbows on a white table, both hand palms on his cheeks, deep in thoughts.

Adam served him a caramel flavored shortcake and a big cup of milk, he needed to think a lot about the ordeal they are in, and he needed sugar to do that.

As he finally let out a sigh and held a fork to take a first sweet bite, his phone rang.

It was some new unsaved number, he first hesitated for some seconds, he thought it might be a call to the wrong number, but answered anyway.

"Hello?"

"Gill, Gill, Gill, next time you leave me waiting for you to reply like this, every second will be charged for with a random human life."

Whoever said that on the other side of the phone, had a soothing voice, but a sinister tone, the voice of a man who meant things he said, and had the ability to back it up.

"To be honest, that's a really weird way to start a phone call, may i know who i am talking to now? Nah, that's too nice of me to ask like that, WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?!"

"No, no, no, don't raise your voice Gill, i don't like noise, and you're being noisy crying like that, for who i am, let's say i'm a fan in a way, i know you, and you don't know me, that makes me a nice good step ahead of you, right?"

"Whoever the hell are you, your voice annoys me, from where do you know me? our line of job isn't that common as you know."

"I'm like you and your bunch, I can see ghosts myself, i used to live in Crow city, you know that city right? The same city you moved from to settle in Dove town, i saw you many times, dealing with ghosts, slashing demons, but i acted like i didn't notice, i just observed, but unlike you, who gave ghosts a chance by fulfilling whatever desire made them stay in the physical realm, i decided to give them that chance in another way."

"And that way is transforming them into demons? How about the victims?! How about the many casualities, demons can kill masses with no remorse, and i bet you know that you bastard."

"What happens if every human turn into a ghost, and every ghost turn into a demon Gill?" Questioned the guy out of nowhere.

"You're one twisted scumbag."

"Isn't turning into a demon a sort of revival in a way? Isn't that cheating death, and getting a better immortal strong body as a bonus? What if the demons kill?! If the ghosts depart it's their choice, if they stay with whatever strong will they have we'll turn them into demons, more capable smart demons with the red talismans." With every phrase, Gill could only notice that the guy talking to him is insane, in a scary way, not an ounce of sanity could be found in his words.

"You think i'm insane Gill, but no Gill, i'm giving humanity a ticket to immortality,  a transition from the meek human life to a better one, you can say that my ways are twisted and fucked up as you want, but they're necessary, for every rise need sacrifices, Gill ,i observed you long enough to know that you respect dead, then why not giving them a chance at immortality?! Why would they depart into the unknown ?! Who said whatever next life they depart to is better than the current? How can you know the unknown?! LET US ALL DIE AND GET REVIVED INTO DEMONS, LET US ALL CHANGE OUR FATE AND REFUSE TO SUBMIT TO DEATH! THE HELL WITH DEPARTING! WHY WOULD I VANISH INTO NOTHING IF I CAN TURN INTO AN IMMORTAL BEING HOWEVER GRUESOME IT LOOKS!? I HAVE A BIG PLAN GILL! AND YOU'RE GETTING IN MY WAY TO MAKE IT SUCCEED GILL! AND I'M NOT SPARING ANYONE IN THE WAY OF MY BIG PLAN!" Beeep.

Gill hung up which ended the call and thought 'What a pain in the ass, he talks a lot it hurt my ears, we're dealing with a dangerous edgy psychopath.'

He then called Leo. "Leo, i have a number i want you to track, or at least find the last place it called from, you police have means for this don't you?"

"We indeed have such means, but who are we tracking?"

"The son of a bitch who put us into whatever ordeal we're in now."

1