Ch17: No regrets.
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Laura and Luke were shocked, the camera signal was lost, the drone was crushed somehow when it got into the cinema.

"Laura, Kev here, what happened?! I heard your screams there."

"Laura, Kyle here, all good?"

The brothers, still outside the cinema, were worried about Laura.

"I lost the drone footage, i can't see what's there anymore, there's some unusually strong demon inside, check there with caution and report to me, i'll call for back up." Said Laura.

"Laura, will they be fine there? I don't understimate their skills but i feel like i need to join them, i feel like something dangerous is in that cinema." Luke told her.

"No, stay here with me, they're far from here by many streets, you won't reach them within time in any case, but i know who to call for back up."

   *************************************

Outside the cinema, the two boys stood thinking of their next step, they didn't need to talk much, few signals and nods were enough to communicate.

Dove city movie theater wasn't big, but it was popular among fans of the medium, but that day, as the twins noticed, the cinema was empty, something wasn't right.

Upon passing the wide double glass doors, Kyle and Kev found themselves facing an empty ticket booth and snack stand, posters of upcoming movies on the walls, some action spy movie here , another animated movie there, the walls were red, a nice tint of red that usually suited the lobby, but for whatever reason, that red was omnious today.

Kyle could feel pressure, Kev could feel intensity.

Across the lobby's hall you could find the many entries of movie stages, the building had ten of them.

Kyle and Kev didn't think a lot while choosing which room to check.

A Stagnant blood smell was in the air.

From a certain room one could hear voices of dialogues, soundtracks and sound effects, a movie was playing in that room.

They choose that theater room, the one you could hear sounds from, and smell blood.

The brothers, usually impulsive and rushing, took every step with caution,not technically steps since they wore inline skates, but they understood well that no errors should be done here to lessen the risks, no good can come from such room.

They entered the room.

They were on the back center of two rows of padded red seats, the room was dark, only the movie playing on the giant screen, a scene of some couple in a ruined post apocalyptic city, hugging each other before taking separate ways and going through opposite blue wooden doors that materialised out of thin air.

"Hey Kev, isn't that 'Blue doors'?" Asked Kyle in a low voice.

"You mean that cancelled movie? It seems like it but isn't it supposed to be banned from cinema halls?"

"That's what i'm talking about!"

Strong blood smell in the air.

Something was dead in this room.

Many things.

Kev noticed a light switch near the door and turned it on.

The hall was illuminated, and Kev and Kyle found themselves not alone anymore, the hall was full.

Bodies of people filled every seat, of people of all ages, kids , adults, women, men, some still holding popcorn buckets and large cola cups.

No heads, every corpse was decapitated, beheaded by some sharp thing, clean cuts.

"Kyle , what the hell?!"

Kyle and Kev held their metal bats tighter, and stood back to back to not leave any dead angles.

That was some demon work, no human can kill this number of people without being noticed or making a scene, this work was too clean and macabre

"Oh, why you don't take a seat and watch the movie calmly like others, and turn that light off before that, don't make me angry, the climax scene is near and i want to rewatch it in peace." Said someone in a raspy threatening voice.

Kev and Kyle turned to see someone standing from the front seats, a humanoid shaped demon with red scales, one horn on his forehead and fully pitch black eyes.

But what surprised the brothers was that the demon had a very long tail, a black blade like tail that looked flexible and sharp enough to cut through anything.

The brothers, without notice, rushed in opposite ways around the seats with their inline skates, and accelerated toward the demon while holding their bats in a preswing motion.

"When you see a demon, don't think a lot, just eliminate it, they're unredeemable creatures."

That what Gill told the twins when he first met them after Laura's request, it was the same day they got handed the S-items, customised metal bats given by Gill to them so they can defend themselves and accomplish their tasks as new soul facilitators.

They liked Gill, the weird new city resident and his family, he was weird, but cool.

They liked Laura,the sleepy gaming addict, always impressed by her skills in the arcade center, always cheering for her in the many competitions she take part of.

They liked their peculiar part time job and they felt like they did their society some good, despite their punkish clothes and attitude, the twins were loved by the locals of Dove city, being a soul facilitator was an opportunity to give some of that love back as behind the scenes guardians of the city, no one knew about their deeds other than the Shovelfield household and affiliated group members, and they didn't need locals recognition, they were satisfied this way, and it was kind of fun too.

'Whatever happens, no regrets.' This was the vow the twins made to each other when they were young, they cared for each other, protected each other, and each one of them only wanted the best for his brother, even at the expense of his own joy and happiness. 'If my brother is happy, i'm happy too, if my brother is sad , i'm sad too.' They both told Laura the same thing in private when she asked them separately about their relation, Laura who saw them as her own younger brothers too.

"Then you don't want to watch the movie, and you don't want the audience to enjoy it too, how rude."

As the twins rushed, screaming with rage and swinging their bats with full force, a fast blurry black thing swept near Kev, a splash of red covered the blue clothed twin.

Kyle hit his mark, he swinged his bat with all his strength and striked the demon's torso, the demon was thrown and crushed on the red walls of the hall, groaning but still not finished.

"That hurts you know!"

Kyle turned to see his brother.

Kev laid on the ground, and the arm that held the bat laid beside him, cutted clean from the shoulder, blood everywhere, Kev breathed heavely.

"KEEEVIIIN!!!!!!" screamed Kyle in despair and kneeled to hold his laying brother, and cried, tears flowed endlessly.

"No Kyle!!  UGGGHHH!" Kevin coughed blood in agony, but looked at his brother straight in the eyes and resumed. "Remember! No regrets! Take my bat and finish that demon! I'm not gonna die here! GO! UGHH!"

Kyle listened to his brother, a mix of rage and sadness filled his heart, he took his brothers bat, now an S-item on each hand, he need to kill the demon, he need to avoid that tail, he need to end this nightmare they got stuck in.

"None of this would have happened if you took a seat and watched the movie, don't blame me for your lack of manners, a masterpiece should be watched, felt, enjoyed and not ignored by some brat indiscipline."

The red clothed twin couldn't give a single damn thought about the demon words, he only wanted to eliminate him.

With his two bats, Kyle sprinted , ready to strike the demon and put him to sleep for once, the demon tail moved and shooted straight aiming Kyle's neck, kyle bended suddenly his knees, and took a turn to the right , his reflexes were on survival mode, no error should be allowed, every second and reflex mattered.

And it was all in vain, shocked, Kyle saw the tip of the bladed tail turning mid air following his neck, and he had no ability to do any extra dodging motion, the tail speed surpassed his expectations, he will be beheaded in a second.

'No regrets Kev, we did our best.' Thought Kyle.

In that last second, the tail shattered to pieces, a sharp weapon cutted it in fast swings like butter.

The demon cried in ear piercing agony, seeing his large tail getting busted.

"YOU FUCKERS, I JUST ASKED YOU TO SIT STILL AND WATCH THE MOV...." A messy looking guy wearing a black shirt with rose patterns spawned before the demon, and with a large black scythe, cutted him to pieces.

The demon turned into a red dust that vanished after that.

"Sorry for being late Kyle, we'll take Kev to the hospital now to treat what can be treated, all bills on our household." Gill then held Kyle tight and embraced him, Kyle could only cry in Gill arms.

*****************************************

'Dove Radio Emergency Broadcast, Dove city Police force announced that investigations regarding the Dove city cinema incident are still ongoing,the 42 decapitated corpses found in the cinema were identified as numerous families that came to watch different movies in the cinema, but ended up watching the banned movie 'Blue doors' that was cancelled due to the sexual harrassement allegations made against the producer of the movie, Steven Stardom, who took excessive antidepressant pills until he died of drugs overdose and organs failure after his movie was cancelled.

'Blue doors' was Steven Stardom supposed peak art work but failed miserably due to his fallen reputation after the allegations, detective Leo Strongheart took the lead of this investigation, more information will be cleared with time.

Dove city cinema will be closed for the time being until a later date.

End of Dove Radio Emergency Broadcast.'

1