Volume 4. Chapter 2: Getting my Barrings… (Chapter 303.)
75 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Chapter 2: Getting my Barrings...

(Celia’s POV)

Checking on Emma, I didn’t see any injuries on her at all. Though she must have hit her head somewhat hard from the crash. Otherwise, she wouldn’t be still sleeping at the moment. Since she was okay, I went into the wreckage of the plane, looking to find a medkit.

Once inside, I was met with the smell of death. It hasn’t been that long since the plane crash, but the bodies have already started to stink to all hell. While here, I should look around the wreckage for Mena.

An Hour Later.

I found a medkit and some rations very easily. With painkillers in my system, and my wounds tended to, I looked around for Mena. Luckily, there wasn’t a sight of her at all. Mena wasn’t outside, either. Was she not on this plane, or something?…

With nothing left to do on the plane, I went to the cargo hold. It was where I found medical supplies and rations. It makes me wonder if plane crashes happen so often. Why bring so many backup supplies? Who knows. What I do know, is that the button to open up the hatch worked.

With the back opened up, people came to see what the commotion was. Like I guessed, the officer was now the leader of this group.

Celia: “Here, let me treat your head wound. I have some medical training as well. As for the rest of you, there are various rations in this cargo hold. More than enough to last for a month or two.” I offer.

Officer: “Everyone, go get your stomachs full. But do not hoard or hide anything. We need to work together to survive this.” She ordered, to which everyone followed.

Unlike what you would see in a movie or show, everyone just calmly went back into the plane for food. It was nice to see that people were more humane in situations like this than I thought that they would be. Well, to be fair, the true horror of being trapped on this island hasn’t set in for them yet, I would assume.

Renie: “My name is Renie. What’s yours?” She asked.

Celia: “Celia is my name. Please hold still so I can clean your wound.” I reply.

Officer Renie did as instructed and kept still while I dealt with her wound. Luckily, it seems that only she and I were injured to this extent. Everyone else that survived just had bruises and other minor wounds that didn’t need to be dealt with.

Celia: “Now that most of the blood is gone, I can see that you’ll need a few stitches.” I say with a sigh.

Renie: “Can you stich it up for me? You’ve done well so far, but I don’t know if you’re skilled enough for that.” She asked with an unsure tone.

Celia: “Check my head wound out. I stitched it up decently well, and I can do it even better for you. Much easier to do it for someone else, rather than on yourself. Especially when it is in a hard to reach spot.” I reply, showing her the spot on my head that I stitched up.

Renie: “Then, please help me with it. I’d very much appreciate it.” She asked.

Celia: “Here, take some painkillers first. Other than that, we don’t have any anesthetic. So please bear with the pain.” I say, handing her a bottle of painkillers, to which she took two of.

Taking out another clean hook needle for stitching, I began to stich the gash on her head. The gash was bleeding, but it wasn’t anything too major. Stitching it up will just make the healing process faster, and it will stop the bleeding.

Once I was done, I disinfected the wound to make sure it wouldn’t get infected, then I bandaged it up. Mine didn’t really need a bandage, so I left it open without anything blocking the wound. Frankly, I didn’t have to stich it, I just did it as a precaution.

Renie: “Celia… I take back my words from before. I was shooken up, and you were right about that being in self-defense.” She said with a bow.

Celia: “Oh? Why the change of heart?” I ask with a raised eyebrow.

Renie: “I am actually a police captain. I’ve seen my far share of bodies before, and I have seen many autopsies as well. You were right about where you shot him. That man would have bled out within less than ten minutes.” She explained.

Celia: “Ah, so you looked at his body? How nice. Are you trying to bribe me, or something?” I ask.

Renie: “Yes… With you in our group, surviving will be extremely possible.” She replied.

Celia: “Sorry, I plan to go out on my own. Staying with such a big group isn’t my style at all.” I deny.

Renie: “…Could you reconsider?” She asked once more.

Celia: “Tell you what, my friend Emma, who is my maid, hasn’t woken up yet. Until she does, I will stay with this group, okay?” I suggest.

Renie: “That would be perfect…” Her words were cut off.

Emma: “Unfortunately, I have woken up now.” She said with a laugh.

Renie: “…”

Celia: “Darn… Well, Renie, Emma and I will be getting a small amount of rations and be on our way.” I say, walking back into the plane before she could try and convince me once more.

Quietly and quickly, Emma and I left with a week’s worth of rations. It was the most that we could carry without hindering our movement. Once we were a mile away from the crash, we went deep into the jungle. We didn’t want anyone to follow us; you see.

Emma: “Celia. The plane was shot down, it wasn’t an accident at all.” She informed.

Celia: “Oh, I figured. Which was why I had no intentions on sticking with that group. Do I, or rather, my family, have any enemies?” I reply.

Emma: “A lot, but no one knows of you at all. You’re a secret child, after all.” She answered.

Celia: “Then why the hell was the plane shot down? I struggle to see any reason for it. Why shoot down a not even mid class plane?” I say with a thinking pose.

Emma: “Regardless of the reason, we should be quiet and careful not to attract any attention.” She advised.

Celia: “Good idea.” I agree.

With quiet and calm steps, we went further into the jungle. The island, just from looking at the shore, was in the middle of nowhere. On top of that, it was a very big island. All in all, this wasn’t exactly a resort island that we just so happen to get trapped on…

5