Volume 4. Chapter 9: A Miracle?… Nope! (Chapter 310.)
67 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9: A Miracle?… Nope!

(Celia’s POV)

Despite the Nano Machines in our bodies, we had to stop and rest after over a day of exploring. We aren’t actually super humans; I guess that our powers will just be using the Nano Machines to be smart, or something like that.

Emma: “This is bad…” She said with a nervous tone.

Mena: “Yeah… I never thought that we wouldn’t find anything after searching for so long.” She said with a thinking pose.

Celia: “At this point, we have probably only explored less than 5% of the island.” I reply.

Mena: “Where the hell could this damn command center be?” She asked.

Celia: “Command center?” I ask.

Mena: “My Nano Machines tell me that there is likely a command center for this island. Once we find it, then we can figure out how to escape.” She explained.

Emma: “Even so, if a place like that does exist, we still have to find it.” She said with a shrug.

Celia: “Darn, that’s right…” I reply.

Soon, I was distracted by what I saw in front of me. Emma and Mena chatted like they didn’t see anything at all. But to me, I saw Ria, my wife. Was she only showing herself to me?…

Celia: “Hey, I am going to go to the restroom, you two stay here, okay?” I say with an embarrassed tone and expression.

Emma: “Don’t go too far, even if there isn’t any danger.” She advised.

Celia: “Of course.” I agree.

Walking a far too long of a distance away from them, I was then met with my loving wife. Without speaking any words, we embraced each other, and we kissed. It hadn’t been that long since I last saw her, but it was long enough for me to desire her with a great, unbearable yearning. As such, the kiss lasted for a long while…

Ria: “I’ll admit that you’re a far better kisser in this life than your last one.” She said with a laugh.

Celia: “I honestly don’t know if that is a compliment or not.” I reply with a small pout.

Ria: “Rest assured, it very much is.” She said with a smile.

It was nice to see Ria once more. And well, honestly, with this all new life thing that I will have to go through a few more times, it is hard to know the truth. Am I really the person in my memories, or is my brain just playing tricks on me? Seeing Ria grounds me back to reality, and she makes me realize that my memories are not false.

Celia: “It took you a while to find me. Did you know that I ended up in a plane that crashed?” I say with a sigh.

Ria: “Huh? That should be right…” She said with a confused tone and expression.

Putting her hand on my head, I think that she looked through my memories. Is this easier to do than looking through the history of the dimension? Taking her hand off of my head, she seemed to be lost in thought.

Ria: “This story is completely different from what I know…” She said with a shocked tone.

I was about to ask why this would happen, but then someone we knew showed up. It was God…

God: “I let you go, but playing games like this is very dangerous.” She said with a laugh.

Celia: “…”

Ria: “…”

God: “I took the liberty of claiming these dimensions for myself, and fixing the stories that you created for them.” She informed.

Celia: “Why?” I ask.

God: “You could just ask your wife that, but I will just explain. Doing this puts a lot of weight and strain on Ria. It is very likely that her immortality would be severed if you took too long to find all of your family members.” She explained.

Celia: “Really?…” I reply.

God: “Yes. This is a fix that will allow her to continue living. But I took a page out of her book, and I realized that watching you is very fun, Celia. As such, I changed the stories of each world.” She replied.

Ria: “I…will I have no control over them anymore?” She asked.

God: “Nope. Not at all. Although, I will allow you to come and go from them as you please. After all, you’re needed to bring Celia and her family back. This little change is just for entertainment.” She answered.

Celia: “Entertainment? I can’t believe that I went to your wedding…” I jokingly reply.

God: “It is good to know that you aren’t upset with me, Celia. Just know that I didn’t directly control the stories of the dimension, I just changed the general course of them from what Ria decided to do.” She informed.

That is a little vexing, but not really something that I can’t handle. Knowing God, it isn’t just for entertainment. It is maybe a small bit of a punishment for Ria. After all, Ria did kill God in her original timeline.

Celia: “How much longer will I be stuck on this island?” I ask.

God: “I have no idea, but it isn’t that entertaining so far. If I was an asshole, I would make things more interesting. But I am not some higher power with a god complex, rest assured.” She replied with a shrug.

After a small chat, and getting no more answers from God, she soon left our side. It wasn’t because she didn’t want to answer us. God actually didn’t know how to get off this island. Unlike Ria, God took a far more hands-off approach.

Fuck… this means that, for the first time in a while, I have to figure out how to do something all on my own. And without the help or intervention of some higher being…

Emma: “How long are you going to use the restroom for? It’s been over thirty minutes…” She asked with a concerned tone.

Celia: “Huh? Oh, I just needed to talk to my wife alone.” I honestly reply.

Emma: “What are you talking about?” She replied.

Ria: “Hello.” She said with a cheery tone.

Emma: “…”

Heh… It is good to know that Ria still likes to play tricks like this. And Emma’s reaction was top-notch! Since Emma practically already knows that I am not from this dimension, it wasn’t a problem for Ria to reveal herself to her.

With a little bit of explaining to Emma, Ria hid herself once more, and we went back to Mena’s side. Now, we have to figure out the secrets of this damn island. If we don’t do so, we might be stuck here for years…

5