Volume 4. Chapter 13: Escape! (Chapter 314.)
59 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 13: Escape!

(Mena’s POV)

The stairs seemed to go on forever… Do it even lead anywhere, or is it just a trick? Honestly, that is the conclusion that I and my Nano Machines have come to. Sadly, I was the first to go and fall for this trick…

Drop!

I fell down, and I landed on something soft. Once I regained my barrings, I noticed three horrible looking monsters surrounding me. In a panic, I fought with all my might. Unfortunately, they managed to oddly stab me with a needle.

It was nowhere near how quick and painfree it was when Emma and Celia gave me a shot a few days ago. Soon, my visioned blurred, and despite trying to fight, I eventually fell asleep. I just hope the rest of them are okay…

Buzz!

Splash!

Mena: “Huh?” I say with a groggy voice.

Celia: “Good, you’re finally awake.” She said with a smile, rubbing my head.

Looking around, I saw that we were on a small boat, sailing on the water. Did we escape? No… was I the only one who got caught?

Renie: “You seem to be confused, but we were all saved by Celia.” She explained.

Mena: “Really?” I ask with an unsure tone.

Emma: “Well, when we woke up, we were already on the boat.” Emma replied, still focusing on driving the boat.

Mena: “…”

Celia: “?”

Mena: “How did you deal with those monsters?” I ask with a curious tone.

Celia: “I… I’d rather not go into the details. It was pretty bloody…” She said in an unwilling tone.

Did she fight them? Really?… I find that hard to believe. My Nano Machines were far more mature than theirs, so it shouldn’t be possible for Celia to have a stronger body than I do…

Renie: “It is hard to believe, but more easy if you saw Celia’s earlier appearance. She oddly looked pretty attractive, all covered in blood.” She said with a wistful tone.

Mena: “…”

Celia: “Enough about the island, please. I would rather forget about it.” She said with a practically pleading tone.

With that, we all kept quiet about the island. Whatever Celia went through to save us surely wasn’t anything that she wanted to explain to us. It must have been very traumatizing for her…

(Celia’s POV)

Heh… my plan worked out flawlessly! They all believe that I am some badass that single-handedly saved them all. Well, if it was my real body, I would have been able to do so…

This outcome is what Annette and her people wanted. They didn’t need the people of this planet to know about them at all. And now that the curse was broken, they could return to their planet.

As for the people still trapped on the island… they will be returned before Annette and her people leave. After all, they were the ones who were partially responsible for having them show up on the island.

The damn Nano Machines, who still refuse to talk to me, I think in spite, kept trying to clean me and my dress off. But I needed to sell the effect of being some cool and skilled fighter, so I asked Ria to keep me bloody.

I am starting to feel like we got screwed over, as Emma and I didn’t get those holographic display thingies that Mena mentioned a while ago. Ah, right. Emma is aware of the lie, since I have told her everything else as well.

Celia: “Hey, Emma. Where will we go now?” I ask with a curious tone.

Emma: “We should go back to America. After all, you can just go back to your family. I am sure that they will be “happy” about you having a new adopted daughter.” She answered with a laugh.

Celia: “Cheek aside, where are sailing to right now?” I reply.

Emma: “To America?” She replied with a head tilt.

Celia: “You know in which direction that we need to go in to reach it? Currently, it is just blue ocean as far as we can see…” I ask with an unsure tone.

Emma: “I am not flying blind. Using a map app through my Nano Machines, the way isn’t hard to figure out.” She explained.

Celia: “What? When did you get a display!?” I exclaim in shock.

Emma: “Slightly before we got captured. Why? Did you not get yours yet?” She replied.

Celia: “No.” I say with a pout.

Emma: “A shame. It is very useful.” She said with a smug tone.

Celia: “Smug maid… Just keep sailing, boat sailor.” I say with a scoff.

Emma: “How rude! I am a sailor maid, I will have you know, oh lady of mine!” She jokingly replied.

Once that banter was over, I walked back over to Mena and the rest. There really wasn’t anything that we could do at the moment besides wait. As such, I decided to just get some sleep.

Hours Later.

I woke up to the sounds of… I think they were helicopters? Why the heck? Oddly, Emma followed the instructions told to her through a loudspeaker. Soon, we arrived at a large boat. Well, it was a yacht…

Emma: “Your parents found you, Celia.” She informed with a smug aura around her.

Celia: “…Parents?” I reply.

Emma: “They must have put some kind of tracking magic on you, which only started to work after we left that island.” She explained.

Celia: “Why…” I decided to not ask.

I can just guess that God had blocked magic on that island to make it more interesting. If my parents showed up just hours after the plane crash… nothing interesting would happen.

Celia: “Mena, are you ready to meet my parents?” I ask with a smile.

Because I sure as hell wasn’t ready to meet them… I was hoping that I could save and make Mena remember me, way before having to meet the parents of this body. Fate, or rather, maybe God’s meddling, had a different opinion, it seems.

Mena: “I would love to, Mom.” She replied with a happy tone.

After a few more minutes, we docked the boat on the yacht. A yacht so big that it had a dock… This place was almost the size that a cruise would operate on… But that wasn’t the most shocking thing. My parents rushed over to me, showering me in love. And I was in shock. These two… I knew them…

4