Prologue 01 – Semi Rapture
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Joe, how’s the temperature there at California?”

“Well Marie, since it is summer, the temperature is quite high, best believe it’ll reach 87.8° Fahrenheit this afternoon! Might want to bring lots of sunscreen when going to the beach! Back to you Marie.”

“Thank you Joe. And now for the news, Jodi Arias was finally found guilty for first-degree murder to her ex-boyfriend, Travis Alexander….”

 

“Honey, we’re home!” said my mom greeting my dad.

 

“Welcome home honey, where’s the groceries?” Dad greeted us in the doorway.

 

“Papa, I’m home! I love you!” I says to my dad.

 

“(Sigh)… What did you do this time? Honey?” my dad replied.

 

“Well get this, he threw a cereal box onto another child’s head!” mom said while looking at me like someone who’s ready to punish their child.

 

“Oh, really? Was it bull’s eye?”

“Hun, don’t encourage him!”

“Yes papa it was bull’s eye!”

“Hey, you don’t get to say bull’s eye like that!”

“But mom he was doing the ugly face on me! And his mom was also rude to you too!”

 

Dad laughed at bit.

 

“So that’s why there’s no groceries?” dad added.

 

“The groceries are in the trunk. We were lucky the employees didn’t kick us out. Mind getting the groceries for me? Oh, and take Avery with you, he really wants to help with that kind of stuff, you know?” mom replied.

 

It’s May 2013, I’m a first grader and my name is Avery Morgan. I’m currently 6 years old and is happily living with my family in a somewhat normal world. I just hit a kid on the head with a cereal box. I’m always this troublesome like breaking vases, picking fights in my Kindergarten and elementary school and other stuff.

I’m a naughty kid to say the least.

My parents are great, they still loved me after what I always done. Sure I get grounded or sometimes punished like no ice cream for a week or make me sleep earlier than my bedtime was but they love me. My mom is a famous Archeologist and my Father is Software engineer for a company called id Software LLC.

This year was something no one has predicted would ever happen. It’s a year that changed the course of history and history itself. It changed everyone’s life.

 

“Billboard Hot 100 top 5 are “Can’t hold us” by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Featuring Ray Dalton, “Just give me a reason” by Pink Featuring Nate Ruess, “Mirrors” by Justin Timberlake, When I was your man by…” the TV news network suddenly got interrupted.

“Urgent news everyone! A tower just suddenly erected from the ground in Rome, Italy standing 1.4 miles, experts believe this to…”

 

“Hey honey? You might want to come and take a look at this…”

 

“Wait I’m getting another update on the matter… This just in, 4 new towers were erected from the ground at the same time with each in different locations. One is in the Quezon, Philippines. The others are in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Cairo, Egypt and Beijing, China. Witnesses report that there are strange symbols on the statue resembling the Hebrew text… wait some reports say they have Sumerian Cuneiform, another say it has Egyptian Hieroglyphs and another some incomprehensive and unknown symbols…”

 

“What on earth… is happening?” my dad said with a shocked face.

 

“We are getting reports from our reporters who are flying over one of the events, let’s hear from one… Leonard you’re on…”

“Thanks Marie, it looks like it’s from those fantasy movies, the tower here in the Philippines looks disturbingly looks like a giant straight spinal cord. I’m in the air right now on our news helicopter so I can’t take a good look on the tower but even from here I can tell the grand size of it. It’s unbelievable!”

 

The towers suddenly arched on it’s back to make a giant arch. Slowly but creepily while producing a sound similar to a whaling glacier accompanied by wood breaking, horrible violins and the sound you get when you wobble a sheet of metal.

After the top of the tower reached the ground, it suddenly glowed a white aura and then produced horrific lightning. The other towers glowed differently. One glowed blue while the others are red, green, yellow and blue. Many people were running away from the scenes. Some can’t move due to shock and some stayed willingly and started praying as if it’s a sign the lord was finally ready to start apocalypse.

 

“Mark here on sight in Manila, Philippines. I’m currently flying closer to the arch. As you can see, it’s a sight to see here with all that lightning and…” the news reporter suddenly got interrupted by a giant explosion.

 

The arch suddenly produced a portal inside it. It produced a large sound and a strong shockwave that blew away multiple buildings. It was like a portal to hell.

Then something unusual happened.

The news reporter in the helicopter got attacked by something humanoid. It was all on camera for the world to see. It looked like a headless gargoyle with genuine dove wings. There are other creatures flying out of the portals like angel-like monsters, serpents crawling on the ground, and something that resembles medieval knights with red armor.

People are panicking here and there. The knights are killing people brutally and if they captured one, they would cut their heads, hold them or put them in their spears and then rape their lifeless bodies on the spot.

Armed forced got into the scene and started bombarding them with lead and missiles.

The tried attacking the tower arches but when they did they were met with lightning, killing them.

 

“Mom, Dad, what’s happening?” I asked.

 

I was met with no answers. Both of them were too shocked to look away from the TV. I was just a child back then so I wouldn’t be able to process what is happening to the point it’ll make me be as concerned as the masses. Some reports say people have been gathering in circles to pray and sing. Some say people are gathering and are having orgies on top of statues of religious figures.

Just as the world seems to experience what some say is the Rapture, One by one the monsters were getting cut down by multiple entities.

The helicopter with the news reporter got saved when it was falling to the death by someone named “Dyson Maverick”. He is wearing a shining white armor with golden shoulder pads with a dragon symbol. He was carrying the helicopter with a golden dragon. The camera caught all of it. Everyone begun cheering including my parents.

There he appears as glorious as he is. I know I’m somewhat dickriding here but he’s just that great.

The news reporter then begun filming the scene with Dyson killing a mass of monsters. He was marvelous, he was shining, he was graceful. One swing from his white sword produced a giant energy wave that killed everything on sight without destroying the buildings and without killing the innocent.

He became the second savior of earth. People begun worshipping him like a god.

 

“No more monster seem to come out of the portals here in Manila all thanks to Dyson.” The news reporter said.

 

“It’s not just me, also thanks to my fellow Kaisers who helped me defend your beloved world.” Dyson said.

“Mind if I say something? Thanks. Everyone on earth, this coming of age will change for everyone! I welcome you all to a new Era!” He announces on live TV.

 

I was amazed. I was inspired. At that age where you develop an interest as a child, I became inspired by Dyson to be just like him. Shining and defending everyone while inspiring others. Being someone like him would make my parents happy.

 

“Dad, I want to be like him!” I screamed to my dad excitedly.

My dad was still shocked but he still managed to reply to my words.

 

“You will son.”

 

Reports came to the news of some other entities killing the monsters with Dyson named Ashen and Clyde. They were all faster than the camera can capture when they were fighting.

Videos flooded YouTube with contents of the invasion and the new hero’s fighting them off. And that day was one of the greatest moments in the history of earth, even changing the very understanding of our own science.

But all great moments have their downsides. Even for me.

 

2 days later…

 

“Avery can you come and set up dinner?” Mom called for me.

 

“I’m sorry, Mom! I’m playing with my Legos!” I answered.

 

“Avery.” *Knock Knock* “Come set up dinner with your mom.” My dad replied knocking at my door.

 

I was too stubborn and instead continued playing Legos in my room. Dad sighed and rubbed his chin. Then he got an Idea.

 

“Fine, I’ll help mom instead, but you won’t get ice cream for dinner, I’m getting it.” Dad said.

 

It didn’t seem to work since I didn’t pay attention and just continued to play, I was also in the middle of finishing a made up storyline with my characters and action figures so I was very much sucked in to my playing.

After a few moment, I was startled by a large explosion in what seems to be in the kitchen. I was finally zoned out of my playtime and came running to the kitchen.

 

“Mom! Dad!” I yelled.

 

I didn’t hear any response. When I finally came down from my room, I see a sight no child should see. My parents were dead. Impaled by a long metal piece. Lying on the ground.

 

“Mom! Dad!” I yelled again and again.

 

I couldn’t move.

I couldn’t get close. I was too traumatize to even move. I was like paralyzed. I begun to vomit as I was staring at the sight of my dead parent’s corpse.

 

“A child? Now what do we have here?” a mysterious man appeared.

 

I started crying. And was still screaming “Mom! Dad!” as I was on the ground. Still couldn’t move a muscle.

He was wearing an all-black robe with a hood and was holding a blade with three different faces in it’s guard. He has red glowing eyes and a wolf-cut hair.

He was smiling like a maniac. He was the one who did this. And it seems he was enjoying killing people and watching their child suffer. He was about to approach me until he stopped.

He looked at the doorway and saw it opened.

Something flew and he jumped to avoid it. And out of nowhere, he was chocked and was lifted up by someone. It was Dyson.  The one considered to be the greatest hero in the world was chocking the one who murdered my parents.

 

“Dy..Dyson, Good to see ya.” He said while being choked.

 

Dyson tightened his grip. He looked super pissed for what he have done. He equipped his white sword to his left hand and was about to start swinging. He then looked at me.

 

“I’m so sorry, I let this one slip. Rest easy, I’ll avenge your parents for you.” He said to me.

“Now, Callisto, Prepare to die!” He said to the murderer.

 

He then prepares to slice him without giving him time to speak his last word. Callisto then begun emitting black particles which then he spins using his robe to slash Dyson up.

Dyson blocked his attack using his white sword. He then swings his sword and Callisto teleported away from here to who knows where.

I was still paralyzed to the ground and was still crying. Dyson got near me and kneeled on one knee. He begun comforting me.

 

“It’s gonna be alright, kid. I will hunt him down.” He said to me.

“What’s your name? So I can find you and tell you personally that I finally got him” He added.

 

“Avery Morgan, sir.” I replied.

 

“Avery, huh. What a unique name. I’ll definitely remember that.”

1