Prologue 02 – Stab yourself
19 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF.”

 

(Present.)

 

The more I hold this grimoire with me, the louder the voices become. What is happening? The sword was also glowing the more I hold this book. For now, I’ll take Johan and ran away from here. I don’t know where just somewhere far from here. Why? I don’t know. Why not? Exactly. When? Now. Where? I don’t know. Just somewhere far from here. Why? I don’t know. Why not? Exactly. When? Now. Where? I don’t know. Just somewhere far from here. Why? I don’t know. Why not? Exactly. When? Now. Where? I don’t know. Just somewhere far from here. The sword went back into the book. Why?

I grabbed Johan by the arm and started dragging him while I hold the grimoire. We ran away from the direction of the Nephilim giant goliath Nephilim giant goliath statues. They started running towards me. Us. Why? I don’t know.

 

“Mister, it hurts, slow down.” Johan spoke. Why?

“Hehe, why?” I replied hehe.

 

We ran and ran and ran and ran away from the giants. We don’t know where to go just not here.

The Goliaths are catching up on us. Johan is slowing me down. Should I leave him? Why? Cause he’s slowing me down. Why not? Good question, why shouldn’t I leave this guy behind and just went to the tower gate?

The voices kept multiplying. Right now it’s as if there’s 5 people telling me to stab myself in the chest using the white sword the lady gave me. Where is that white sword again? “In the book.”

Who said that? I did. What is happening to me? Was it me who said it? I can’t differentiate the voices in my head anymore. Is this even my own thought?

We were running as fast as we could now. Johan is barely keeping up with me. And then I tripped.

Johan followed up and tripped as well. Why?

 

“Mister! The goliaths!” Johan screamed.

 

“Stop screaming! I had it enough with you!” I snapped.

“All you do is yell and yell and yell and yell and yell and yell and yell! What have you done other than yelling? The voices I kept hearing is already making me crazy! The last thing that will make me completely insane is you screaming more!”

 

The goliaths are getting closer. We have no more stamina to run, on top of that we tripped and now this kid can’t stand up because he has bruises in his knees. Bruises on his knees. Why? Cause he tripped. Why did he tripped? I was dragging him. Why were you dragging him? We were being chased by the giants. Giants? I mean Nephilims. Nephilims?

 

“Stab yourself. Use the sword. Stab yourself. Stab me. I’ll use the sword. Stab me. Stab me. Stab me. Use me. Use that. Use it. Use the sword. Stab him. Stab yourself. Stab me. Stab Avery.”

 

I close my ears with my hands. I can’t anymore. Why me? Johan is still clinging to me. He’s scared. Very scared. Then all of a sudden, the book opened on it’s own. Why?

The voices became quieter than what already is. Then it started getting more intense. The pages of the book glowed producing a deep blue aura. Then something came out of it. The voices are becoming more violent. Why?

A scythe came out. It’s the one the lady was using. I feel like it’s calling for me. That the voices, came from the sword. It’s calling for me. I really believe that now. Why wouldn’t I stab myself with it?

The giants are getting closer. I have nowhere to go. This kid is a burden and I have no power in me to even run anymore, let alone being able to fight and defend the both of us. Is this the end of me? My revenge for my parents and my promise to both Dyson and Yona, all are going to be for nothing? I’m arrogant.

I looked into the scythe. I grabbed it. Then the voices became their loudest. The only thing I can do right now? Right now… What? I started laughing.

Johan watched in shocked with his traumatized eyes.

I stabbed myself with the scythe. Hoping it would at least do something. And then something happened.

“STAB YOURSELF STAB YOURSELF STA-“

 

 

Quiet.

 

 

The voices became quiet.

 

 

Am I dead? Where am I? Seems like I’m in space within a black nebula or inside a storm.

It’s nice in here, feels cold but the type of cold that feels very comfortable. I finally escaped from the voices. Is this what it feels when you die? I can still feel most of my senses. I expected you’d be just floating around in a void without feeling anything just like before when you’re born.

 

“…”

 

What was that? I think I’m hearing voices again.

 

“…Avery.”

 

There it is again. Now it’s calling my name? Why is it back here again?

Then suddenly, a blue light with a silhouette of that a woman appeared at a distance. Is she the woman with the damaged armor? No, this girl seems taller and has a longer hair. She’s coming towards me, floating like an angel coming to get me.

 

Avery, take my hand.”

 

I feel like this is the right decision. The more she grew closer, the more I felt safe. Safer than I have ever felt in my life I think. I hesitated a little but then I reached out my hand.

She then hold my hand and proceeded to pull me in and give me a warm embrace. Why did she do that? I felt warmth. The warmth of a graceful embrace. I feel safe. The she turned into a scythe piercing me in the chest. I didn’t feel any pain rather still the warmth of her embrace.

Then the scythe glowed a blue aura. The light then slowly engulfed me. I feel like I’m getting more powerful. More capable? Why?

 

“You…are…worthy…”

 

I then closed my eyes.

I then opened my eyes again.

 

“Mister the giant monsters!” Johan screamed.

 

The Nephilims attacked by thrusting their spears towards us, still howling disturbingly.

I glowed blue and I grabbed Johan and ran away, dodging the Nephilim’s attack. I moved so fast. Faster than what I was before I stabbed myself with the scythe.

The glow faded and I now transformed into something not human anymore. It looks like the scythe fused with my body! I look awesome and feel awesome.

The Nephilims Attacked all at once, all 5 of them with their spears. I jumped to evade their attacks. One of them flew towards me and swing it’s spear towards us and shooting giant waves of energy. I panicked and kicked the air randomly and it somehow became solid enough for me to step on and jump from it leading me to evade the energy blast.

This power, the scythe’s power and the scythe itself are now fused with my body and is giving me supernatural abilities! Right now, I have the ability to step on air and jump from it.

I landed on the ground and started running towards the tower gate. The Nephilims started chasing us again. I now noticed I have blades on my forearm and thought that I might be able to send energy-like waves towards them too.

 

“Hold on tight, kid.” I said to Johan.

I swing my blade toward the direction but nothing happened.

 

“What are you doing mister? They’re still far away.” Johan replied.

 

I kept swinging my arm towards them while running but still, nothing happened. I suddenly felt like someone’s guiding me and tells me to focus my energy towards the blades. I followed it’s instruction carefully. I focused all my energy towards my arms and swings it.

It blasted a huge blue energy-like wave towards them. They blocked the attack with their spears and it broke in half. They become more aggressive and they once again opened their eyes and started howling even deeper.

We were nearing the gates. I started blasting them with my energy wave but they’re not breaking. I guess only their weapons are the once that can be broken or they are just that strong.

We arrived at the gates, gave Johan the keys and distracted the nephilims from interfering with Johan. The kid was smart enough to place the key in it’s right place the portal started to open. The Nephilims then froze in place.

 

“What happened? Did I do good, Mister?” Johan asked.

 

“Not sure what happened but now they won’t be able to get in our way.” I replied.

 

I transformed into my original self again with the scythe in my right hand. I don’t hear the voices anymore thankfully. I concluded that the weapons were calling for me so that I can become stronger. Then why was the Lady preventing me from doing it in the first place?

The giant then moved again and started walking towards us very slowly while opening their mouths.

 

“I think it’s time to go.” I said to Johan.

 

I grabbed the key and Johan then we hopped through the portal.

0