Chapter 10
229 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Samuel had very little sanity left in his young brain. Like a wild animal, he had been shoving his dick in and out of an unconscious woman’s mouth while the other looked on in morbid fascination.

The well-endowed young woman saw her companion gagging on a rather large piece of meat for the last fifteen minutes or so. That was not all; she could see blood and, much more horrifying, teeth on the floor mixed with the soap and water.

A part of her questioned why her co-worker was not dead yet. But another part of her was thankful that it had been her companion and not her. This was not the first time she saw a cultivator in the process of killing a mortal in the throws of passion, and it will certainly not be the last.

It was always a gamble when maids entered to clean a cultivator. Most of them were volunteers, many of whom paid for the privilege. This was even though around one in four did not survive the incursion for reasons like the scene before her. Cultivators were far above mortals, and fragile human bodies could not keep up.

One might ask her why she tried to get involved despite the risk. The answer was the same for any mortal in her place. For the off chance, they ascend during the exchange. Outside of time, she had gotten a glimpse of the cultivation world when she was 18; she did not know much about cultivation. She knew the basics and everything she had been told during the ascension event.

But what she did know was that it was intrinsically linked with sex and that cultivators were a very horny lot. So mortals created much of their culture around trying to get aloof beings to mingle with mortals more, hoping that some of them might ascend in the exchange. The good news was that it was possible and familiar enough that many people bet their lives on it. The bad news was that the chance was minimal and kept diminishing the older one got. There was also the tiny fact that it was the most safe lifestyle.

But all of that was a small price, for even the weakest cultivator was far above the greatest mortal. Such a proposition was too valuable to ever say no to.

And she knew how to mitigate the risks. Her current situation was one example. The black-haired brat had missed her ascension event window and had been desperate for a chance. In her ‘benevolence’, she had taken the downtrodden woman under her wing and taught her how to service cultivators. She was even allowed to go first every time.

A cruel smirk threatened to come onto the face of the woman. The first to go was also the first to be risked. Give and take, that was the way of the world—

Her train of thought was halted when she felt her body flooded by a new sensation, like a warmth flooding her soul. Surprised, she touched all over her body and peered around the large bathroom for whatever was happening, only to find nothing out of the ordinary. However, she did not have the sight. For in the mystical plane that stood on top of the material invisible to most, a great swirl of magical essence was gathering in a torrential cyclone, and she was caught up in the swirl.

If a strong master cultivator saw the scene, he would be proud and admonish the culprit. A circle of essence had been formed. The core way in which cultivators gathered the purest form of essence that was used to further them on their path to immortality.

The reason sexual intercourse or any sexual contact was so integral was because men and women had fundamentally different essences. During contact with sexual intent, their essence mingled. Cultivators intentionally flood their partners with a lot of their essence, and their partners do the same. During this process, much of the energy was transformed into usable essence, which was sent back through their intent. The spinning circle that resulted from this exchange would then start to drag the essence from the environment into this loop, making the circle larger. This enlarged circle was absorbed, transformed and revolved between the two cultivators, resulting in both becoming more powerful.

Samuel was doing all of this except for one crucial detail. Instead of absorbing the essence from the environment, he was emitting his essence out to the world.

Was this bad for the cultivator? In standard cases, yes. Every living thing born of the mortal plane created essence by the virtue of merely existing: the more powerful the being, the more dense and voluminous the essence. However, more was needed to empower a cycle or keep it going.

However, Samuel was producing essence at an alarming rate non-stop from the moment he ascended. His container was still virtually full despite the display of power he was unwittingly performing. Why and how of which was a different matter entirely.

Suffice it to say both his attendants were about to get their wishes granted. One was at the epicenter of it all, and the other was close enough to the action to get the benefits.

Samuel’s first act as a master cultivator was unwittingly making two new cultivators. This was within hours of becoming one himself, and he still had no idea how anything worked. To say Zephyr caught a big fish was an understatement.

Samuel was a heaven-shaking talent. He was only below those with a powerful bloodline on top of their immeasurable breakthrough destinies. Even then, it was a slight thing. Such beings were above the fabric of destiny ordained by the gods. Our orphan was one such being.

Will he be allowed to bloom or be snipped by the powers that be?

Only time will tell.

5