Chapter 2
443 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing as her birthday was pretty insignificant there weren't many guests and was mostly her family. The Royal family was close seeing as it is generally a Patriarchy the male descendant would obtain the throne unless he turned out to be grossly incompetent in which case it would be given to the daughter. Thankfully due to the system, her family came up with she is allowed to have a marriage based on love as long as the other party is a royalty of another kingdom in the alliance, seeing as she has almost no right to the throne why should she be unhappy too is their family's reasoning. Mary spent most of her time not spent with family flirting with Jane and that did not go unnoticed. Thankfully rumors would not spread due to the only ones being invited are family and close friends.
.............................................................................................................................................
"That was princess Jane you were flirting with, you do realize that right Mary?" The King asked Mary in private after the celebration.

"Yes father, she is a nice girl and I was interested in learning about her," Mary replied in her former way. While Mary no longer cares about her language she can't show too big a change to her family right away. People could be silenced but acting that way in front of her family would raise suspicions and she hasn't yet prepared to deal with her family's suspicions.

"You do realize she has a fiancee correct?"

"Yes, but it was nothing serious and it is not like anyone there would say anything." Mary didn't have to lie this time.

"Okay I'll trust you," her father said before letting her leave
..........................................................................................................................................

"System I am going to cultivate all night, what do you recommend I start with?"

[The first stage of Aura cultivation as it the most important part of Aura Cultivation so starting as early as possible is for the best]

That was perfectly fine as Mary planned to stress her mind passively at first by taking serotonin and caffeine injections at the school infirmary to forego sleep for a few days at a time to cultivate.

Mary was actually pretty talented as she opened two accupoints overnight

"God must not want me to die so soon so he made me talented didn't he?"

[Affirmative, he can't be bothered to deal with you again]

"That is what we call a Rhetorical Question." Mary rolled her eyes.
.................................................................................................................................
Mary went to school the next day but she was not particularly tired, it seems that while you'd feel completely refreshed after breaking through a large realm, breaking through a small realm had a small effect of refreshing you. Seeing as the tiredness would hit later she would still need to go to the infirmary for some caffeine injections rather than at the start of the day.
............................................................................................................................................
Greetings were unusually common this morning for Mary, not that she didn't know the reason for it.

"Good morning Mary" a sweet and intoxicating voice came from behind, It was jane.

"Good morning QT 3.14"

"What does that mean"

"It was a phrase from my homeworld, it means cutie pie"

"I've never heard such a phrase though?" Jane asked genuinely confused as she would never assume Mary was a reincarnated individual from another world.

"Nevermind."

Again Mary's actions did not go unnoticed, yet no one took her seriously on this after yesterday.
............................................................................................................................................
3 hours later

"Teach I need to go to the nurse."
"Go ahead." The teacher said unwilling to challenge Mary.
.............................................................................................................................................
In the Nurses office.

"Nurse I need some drugs to stay awake"

"You need what now." the nurse freaked.

"You know caffeine, I need a caffeine injection."

"Say that next time, your reason being."

"I was up all night studying, I'll have you know I am a diligent student who takes her studies seriously." Mary shamelessly bullshitted her way out of it.

"Okay, one injection of caffeine coming up." The nurse doubted it yet who is she to call the Princess a liar

"Alright, but before I go back to class I need to use the restroom." Mary said before whispering "Too much caffeine messes with my stomach." This wasn't a lie but it was a good chance to cultivate too.

As such Mary took a shit and cultivated for an hour before heading back to class.
.................................................................................................................................................................................................
After classes, Mary talked to Jane for a bit and learned that Jane lives on campus for reasons she refused to expand upon. It was weird as event though her family is in a different kingdom it would be just an hour by Train.

Afterward, mary headed home, ate dinner with her family and cultivated for the night.

Her Schedule for the next few days wasn't very different and nothing significant happened
It was just a cycle of going to school, going to class, going to the nurse, taking a shit, cultivating for an hour and returning to the class which afterward she chatted with Jane for a bit, before going home to cultivate for the night. but things can never be this relaxed for long, not for a cultivation protagonist they can't.

Mary learned something about Jane that caused her some worry, but it wasn't something she could properly address without proper rest, so that night she slept and sleep a lot she did because she skipped dinner and went straight to bed only to wake up 3 hours late for school.
...................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Mary rushed to the school and went straight to the nurse, today she wouldn't need to visit the nurse but having a nurses note wouldn't hurt in helping her make an excuse for her tardiness.
As usual, she went to class and talked to Jane before going home, yet her goals at home differed today.
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................

"Father I wonder if you know who Princess Jane's Fiancee is."

"Well, of course, I do why do you ask?"

"I've heard some pretty unsettling things about him and I was wondering if they were true?"

"Honestly dear, it is best if you pretend you have heard nothing."

Obviously this wasn't the answer Mary wanted but she could do little besides cultivating for now. Also she didn't know Jane well enough to decide for sure if she wants to get herself caught up in Jane's troubles.

10