Chapter 6
304 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day after Mary's Birthday

"So Jane you totally have to get out of the marriage with prince Copper."

"We've been over this many times Mary not possible"

"You don't get it though last night he tried to have me raped and killed."

"Mary, he is my fiancee I know full well what type of man he is so that isn't surprising in the least."

"Then why do you stay engaged to the bastard"

"I have no choice, I don't want to marry him, no sane person would want to marry him yet it was never my choice to make. Why do you think I ran away to live in a dormitory in another kingdom? Not all of us have the ability to be true to ourselves or not care like you." Jane said with tears in her eyes.

"You don't have to do so believe in me"

"I want to believe in you but you are only a princess so you can't do anything"

"The fact that I'm a princess means I CAN do something."

" Oh yes, and what is it you can do?"

"I don't have an answer for you right now, but I will have one."

"Well don't speak to me until you have one and if you do I will gladly accept your plan," Jane said before running off.
...............................................................................................................................................................................................................

Later that day

"Hey, system fairy do you have a plan to save her?" Mary said wistfully.

"You already have one, a good one at that yet you have not acted upon it why is that?"

"I'm just not sure I'm ready for it, I desperately need time to consider."

"You have one year to decide, graduation is the last time you are guaranteed to see her as things stand now."

"Hah, I'll just cultivate for the year while thinking about it properly."

"You better missy, but honestly I recommend acting on your plan as it is better to fail than to regret not trying."
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Like that the year passed, Mary and Jane only talked to each other in passing, Mary cultivated diligently ultimately finishing her bone refining and reaching blood refining and had her meridians strengthened to the 18th level out of 20. Prince Copper was crazy happy when Mary didn't show up to Jane's birthday and ended up getting drunk and puking on the cake, up until that point no one thought his reputation could get any worse.
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

1st Day 1st Month, hours before graduation

"Yo system fairy"

"What is it?"

"I've decided."

"So are you going to do it or not?"

"Why are you asking when you know the answer, I'm obviously going to do it."

"Oh I know but I wanted to hear you actually say it."

"Well let's get ready Graduation is in a few hours."

"By the way do you think it is going to work?"

"I have no doubt, remember her words, she would accept your plan if you could come up with one that would work. Not that it is the only reason I believe your plan will succeed."
.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"Welcome all and thank you for being here to see these wonderful girls graduate, I am the principle and before we hear from the student representative I'd like for some of the teachers to say some words."

"This graduating class has been full of surprises, one student, in particular, I'm so glad to see graduate she has quite the future and thankfully I'm not a part of it." Said the domesticated old man.

"If you think you had surprises imagine mine when I found out a single girl could break a toilet on multiple occasions just by defecating." the nurse replied.

"I appreciate both of your words, this girl must be something else, but either way I'd like to introduce to you the representative and princess of the country the school is located in Princess Mary."
......................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Turning back time just a bit

"Those two are so damn lucky I am graduating, but it took some of the edge off."

"You weren't getting cold feet were you?"

"No, but it is nerve-racking as shit."
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Present

"Thank you for having me here to speak," Mary said while getting on stage. She prattled on a bit before getting to the main reason for being here in her mind.

"So before I step down I'd like to make an announcement"

"Jane I've thought of an answer to your problem and the answer is quite simple, Marry me."

"I love you and honestly your family should have no issue if you marry me, a relationship with my family is just as valuable as with Prince Copper's family."

"They will also just have to accept it as they can't oppose two kingdoms on their own, not like they'd dare to anyway"

"So I ask you what is your answer?"

The entire place was silent and you could hear a needle drop from a mile away. Partially because people were too stunned to say anything partially because they were waiting to hear an answer.

"Yes! yes, I will marry you, Mary."

The entire stadium created an uproar and the graduation had to be done abnormally with diplomas mailed as nobody could stop talking about the proposal long enough to have a proper ceremony.
......................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Mary grabbed Jane's hand and they ran away to Mary's family's castle, there were some serious and heated talks ahead but tonight was for them and them alone.

This will be the only chapter for today not because the series is over but because I feel this is a good place to stop for the day, we enter the next arc tomorrow.

10