Chapter 48 They ended up blowing up the forest
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 48

They ended up blowing up the forest

 

CRUNCH!

The jaws of the Bulgasari slam shut on Herman.

The blood of the royal guard and his Girin scatter in the air while his armor and weapon get absorbed by the Bulgasari.

The remaining royal guards freeze from shock while their Girins quickly fly away to distance themselves from the massive predator.

The beast turns its head, his eyes lock onto its next target.

BOOOOM!

A powerful sonic boom shakes the forest and the Bulgasari vanishes.

The royal guards quickly scan the forest looking for the massive beast only to find him swallowing another one of their colleagues.

-snap out of it-

The most senior of the royal guards after Herman shouts.

- stick to the plan, use mist instead of invisibility-

The remaining royal guards quickly shake away their shock and raise their halberds.

The gems on their halberds release a serene blue light and clouds of mist descend on the forest to block the Bulgasari’s vision.

the metallic beast raises its head and looks around in confusion.  

A slime like white material slowly rises from the ground around the Bulgasari to trap it.

BOOOM!

The metallic beast tries to break through the slime substance using its immense strength and newfound speed but its massive body bounces off of the slime as though it ran into an unmovable wall.

The Bulgasari falls backward and finds its body sinking inside the white slime that is rising from the ground below him.

ROAR!

The metallic beast roars and tries to get out of the slime but every time it tries to pull out the slime hardness around its limbs preventing it from moving.

Hidden by the mist, ten of the remaining royal guards draw particles of diamond from deep underground, each particle is only slightly bigger than a grain of sand.

The remaining royal guards draw out water from underground and suspend the particles of diamond in the water to create the slime.

The mixture of water and diamond of this specific size creates a type of non Newtonian fluid, that is a liquid that hardens when a force is applied to it.

‘who would have thought that I would live to see the day when a children’s toy is used to subdue a massive beast like this one’

Baek Hyeon, the most senior of the royal guards after Herman wonders to himself as he watches the massive beast struggle against the slime.

He recalls when he used to mix cornstarch with water to make a similar slime for his son to play with.

The gravity sensors in his armor detect the changes in the gravitational field to construct an image for him of what’s happening inside the dome of white slime.

The massive beast opens its mouth and sprays lava at the slime but a portion of the water evaporates creating a layer of steam that protects the rest of the slime from the lava while royal knights replace the lost water.

Baek Hyeon watches the massive beast claw, bite, ram into, and spray lava at the slowly rising slime while anxiously fidgeting with his locket necklace.

As a tradition, each of the royal guards keeps a locket necklace with a picture of those dear to them to remind them of whom they are fighting to protect, for Baek that would be his wife and son.

The tradition is believed to have begun during the early days of fighting against the Alien invasion when humans suffered defeat after defeat and many of them wanted to give up.

‘I hate how slow this method is, but it can’t be helped since diamond forms very deep underground, hopefully, the mist is enough to protect us’

Baek Hyeon’s gravity sensors pick up a powerful twist in the gravitational field indicating the opening of a portal inside the slime dome.

‘Hmm’

He waits for something or someone to exit the portal but nothing does.

‘What is happening?’

Of course, something did pass through the portal, but it wasn’t a person.

It was the electromagnetic waves created by Celine’s light magic.

The Bulgasari watches as a blonde human dressed in all black and wearing glasses manifests above its snout.

Celine then projects feelings of calmness and safety into the brain of the Bulgasari letting it associate those feelings with the figure of the blonde human.

The copy of Ken smiles at the metallic beast and opens its mouth.

~my dear Bulgasari, my perfect creation, you are almost complete, it’s now time for you to learn magic. ~

Using Celine’s light magic as a medium, Ken begins to download knowledge of magic and how to use Grimoires into the Bulgasari’s mind.

the Bulgasari is not a very smart animal, its intelligence could be compared to a smart dog or a slightly dumb crow, however, despite that, it would be able to use magic.

That is because the Grimoires that Ken prepared for it are very easy to use, they were made to be able to activate quickly and with very simple movements, not to mention they are very powerful, after all, they were the royal guards' grimoires.

As soon as Ken finishes downloading the knowledge into the Bulgasari’s mind, the metallic beast opens its massive jaw.

Deep inside its mouth, twelve gems emit a serene emerald glow.

The gems used to be part of the dead royal guards' halberds but were absorbed into the Bulgasari when it absorbed the halberds.

The royal guards' eyes grow wide as they feel powerful earth magic wrestling with them for control over the diamond particles.

A large hole opens in the slime dome and the Bulgasari walks outside with eyes full of rage.

The glow inside its jaws shifts from green to white and a powerful breeze blows away the mist in the forest revealing the locations of the remaining royal guards.

-what the hell is happening? –

-i-it’s using magic-

-how?-

Panic and confusion quickly consume the remaining Royal guards.

It’s practically impossible to kill the Bulgasari, that is why they didn’t even try to do it, that is why all their training and all their plans focused on subduing it, but even in their worst case scenarios, they never even considered that the beast would use magic.

After all, how could it?

No matter how powerful it is, at the end of the day, it is just an oversized animal, or at least that’s how it should have been.

The metallic beast opens its massive jaws.

ROOOOAAAAR

It lets out a powerful roar that shakes the forest then the glow in its jaws shifts from white to silver.

Following the will of its magic, the Bulgasari’s body takes on a semi liquid form similar to that of mercury, and then hundreds of metallic tentacles fire out of its body and chase after the remaining royal guards.

The royal guards quickly run through the sky with their Girins, bobbing and weaving to dodge the incoming tentacles.

-subjugation became impossible –

Baek Hyeon shouts at the remaining Royal Guards.

-we have to lure it away from the city -

~wow, look at these fools~

Baek’s new orders catch Ken’s attention but as he is using his mind to control Celine’s magic, his copy sitting on the Bulgasari’s head begins to say his inner thoughts out loud.

~I can’t believe they are still fighting even when victory is clearly impossible just to protect a random city, I didn’t even plan to attack the city in the first but just because they are afraid I might do it, they are still fighting ~

A royal guard gets caught by the tentacles.

He lets out a short sigh.

~haaa, this is why emotions are stupid, just because of that fear they will all die, well, not that I am complaining, the more of them that die the stronger my Bulgasari becomes, and the more souls I have for the ritual. ~

Another Royal Guard is caught and swallowed.

-E eleven-

Baek’s shout grabs Ken’s attention again causing him to narrow his eyes.

~ E eleven not plan E eleven? Interesting, I don’t recognize that code ~

Ken watches as the royal guards summon large metallic spikes and fire them at the Bulgasari.

Of course, they have no effect, not only that the Bulgasari absorbs them and gets excited and chases after the royal guards.

~hm, is it just to lure it? ~

The excited Bulgasari ignores the Royal guards and becomes focused on absorbing the metal.

The royal guards continue to fire metallic spikes at the Bulgasari as they lure it away from the city.

~ E eleven, E eleven, what could it be? I know Plan E stands for elimination ~

Sizzle.

~hm? ~

A faint sizzling sound catches Ken’s attention.

He looks around to find the source of it but can only see the royal guards continuing their futile struggle against the Bulgasari.

Sizzle.

Finally, he sees it.

A small flicker of smoke comes out of a metal spike when it touches a drop of the slime that was on the Bulgasari’s body.

~what is that?... wait! ~

Ken finally realizes what it is.

~ E eleven, element eleven, Sodium!~

Ken quickly looks at the Bulgasari which is happily absorbing as many metallic spikes as it can.

~uh, oh~

 -water-

Baek Hyeon shouts and all the remaining royal guards fire as much water as they can at the Bulgasari.

The water reacts violently with the sodium metal causing hundreds nay thousands of explosions to erupt all over the Bulgasari’s body.

-I am sorry Herman, we ended up blowing up the forest –

The blinding light of the explosions consumes the forest.

 

===============================================================================

Author note:-

I am sure I am on so many watch lists from the stuff I have to research for this novel. XD

I am sorry for lack of upload last week, I was hoping my laptop would be fixed quickly and I can upload a chapter but sadly that was not the case, however, I will try to make up for it and upload a second chapter this week.

New chapters come out Saturday .

to support spirit of Gaia and become a member of hell nobility join on ko fi

https://ko-fi.com/hecatesarchive

Social media links:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOKN_jtGpLZqO6UyGgEjqpQ

https://www.reddit.com/r/spiritofGaia

https://www.facebook.com/hecatesarchive/

https://twitter.com/hecatesarchive

https://www.tiktok.com/@hecatesarchive

https://www.pinterest.com/hecatesarchive/

 

 

0