Chapter 49 Lion of God Ariel (2)
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 49

Lion of God Ariel (2)

 

Below the Bulgasari’s metallic cocoon.

~ Daxia shadow magic~

Ken shouts and quickly pulls out the demon Skull.

Nanobots flood out of the demon Skull and form a thin wall above the hole Ken, Daxia, and Celine are hiding in.

Earlier, when Daxia was using the dokkaebi mask to generate the gravity waves to disrupt the royal guards’ invisibility magic, she had moved Ken, Celine and herself below the cocoon to hide from the royal guards.

Daxia creates a wall of darkness using shadow magic below Ken’s nanobot wall.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Thousands upon thousands of explosions erupt one after the other.

the explosions start small but quickly grow in strength, each one exposes more of the metal to the water causing the following explosion to be many magnitudes stronger than the last.

Metallic chunks get flung in the air propelled by the explosions before raining down on the forest like flaming meteorites falling from heaven.

Many of the metallic chunks are themselves made of Sodium and like ticking time bombs they explode once they touch any water causing further mayhem and destruction upon the once peaceful forest.

Far up in the sky, far above the massive Bulgasari and even above raining down meteorites, a portal opens.

A curtain of darkness spreads from the portal and swallows up the hellish scene below, and then.

Silence.

All the noise disappears.

All the explosions stop as though they never started.

All the flames die out.

Everything was swallowed by the darkness.

-children, children, children-

A calm and mocking voice coming out of the portal breaks the silence.

-you can play but you can’t disrupt Harmony-

The speaker is talking in a calm voice but his voice can be clearly heard all over the forest as it is amplified by sound magic.

-do you have any idea, how many species are only native to Kim Sungta and would’ve been endangered by this little trick of yours –

A golden armor floats down from the portal.

Its lion head shaped helmet is crowned with a brilliantly glowing mane made of fire and the number 00 is written on its chest.

The lion of God Ariel has descended upon the battlefield.             

Nine more armored individuals come out of the portal and float next to the golden lion.

The curtain of darkness is connected to the hand of the one closest to the golden lion, the number 01 is written on his chest.

The curtain of darkness recedes back into Davis’ hand revealing the remaining royal guards and the remains of the Bulgasari or to be more accurate the buddle of liquid metal covering the forest floor with the occasional blocks of metal randomly scattered around.

Baek, the most senior of the remaining royal guards, looks up at the firey lion in the sky with a gaze full of hatred and contempt.

- dogs of the invaders, I should have known you are the ones behind this, don’t think you can weaken Kim Sungta with this scheme of yours, life is on our side and we will definitely win –

The man inside the golden armor speaks with an amused voice.

-although I assure you we are on neither side and that we are only here to protect harmony, I think you are mistaken about who benefits from our arrival-

-pffft-

Zeva, the one on the other side of the golden lion and with the number 02 on her chest, snickers at the royal guards.  

-the idiots can’t tell we saved their lives-

Davis points down at the buddle of liquid metal and opens his mouth.

-I am sure you of all people know that the Bulgasari is as close to immortality as any organic being could be and that attack of yours would have done nothing but buy a few minutes till it recovered but that would have been at the cost of putting many creatures in the endangered species list-

Now that the buddle is no longer covered by darkness, it has started to gather together around a single point to reform the Bulgasari.

Davis looks down at Baek.

-aren’t you the ones who always brag about how humans are much more noble and much more righteous than the other species, how could such righteous beings do such a thing? –

Rather than a tone of mockery or sarcasm, Davis’ tone was one of scolding.

Like an elder scolding the younger generation for failing to live up to the ideals of the previous generation.

Due to Davis’ old age he had witnessed and taken part in many battles against the humans of Kim Sungta, and although he strongly disagreed with their views and beliefs, he had always respected their honor and righteousness even if that righteousness came from a false sense of superiority.

-if my memory serves me correctly, your rules of the battlefield included never harming a tree, wild animal, or livestock, never damaging a home, or a place of worship, and never killing a child, an elder, a mother, a man of faith, or one who can’t or refuses to fight, aren’t these the values that make you better than the other species? –

-tsk-

Baek clicks his tongue and looks away in shame and the remaining royal guards avoid Davis’ gaze.

- the beast somehow learned magic, and we had no other choice –

Davis shakes his head refusing to accept the royal guards’ excuse after all he has seen the old humans give up their lives to uphold these values against far worse situations than the current one.

He opens his mouth to scold the royal guards again but the golden lion places his hand on Davis’ shoulder to stop him.

-it’s alright Davis, remember this one wasn’t supposed to lead, leadership defaulted to him because the one who was supposed to lead had already given up his life to uphold those values- 

The mention of Herman and the comparison made between him and Herman stings Baek and hurts his pride making him wonder if he should have acted differently.

Should he have thought of a different plan? but what if the other plan failed and he died along with his men?

So what? What even is the value of life if he will be looked down upon by those vile invaders?

What is the value of life if he shamed humanity and tarnished the honor his ancestors struggled for thousands of years to uphold?

What’s worse is what if this plan failed and the Bulgasari still killed him and his men? Then he would have shamed humanity for no reason at all.

How would he face his ancestors in heaven when he dies?

Would he even get to heaven if this plan of his wasn’t stopped by the invaders?

A far greater shame descends on Baek as he realizes that the invaders didn’t just save his life, they saved his afterlife.

The golden lion turns to look at the royal guards.

-but you are correct, the Bulgasari became too strong for this environment, its existence here is a threat to harmony in and of itself, so rejoice, we will solve your problem for you and relocate the Bulgasari to a suitable environment. –

 Baek glares at the golden lion.

- you have to be delusional if you think we will accept help from the invaders-

-pffft-

Claus, the man inside the golden armor, laughs.

-that’s funny I don’t recall asking for your permission-

he raises his arm.

The royal guards immediately tense up and raise their weapons preparing for battle.

Ten of them spin their halberds causing the gems on their halberds to glow red preparing to attack but even before they can activate their magic, twenty six portals appear, one in front of each of the remaining royal guards.

The twenty six portals move forward swallowing the twenty six royal guards and forcefully teleporting them to the sky above the capital of Kim Sungta.

-hmm, red glow? that means fire right? I wonder what spell they were going to use-

The golden lion shrugs his shoulder and then continues.

-oh well, I guess we will never know-

He then looks down at the forest.

- alright, now my favorite group of thieves, I have to say I was very surprised and very disappointed, I thought you were some kind of pacifists considering how much you avoided harming others till now, I don’t know what made you change your mind but you went too far, you should have known I can’t let you kill all the royal guards, that would disrupt the balance of power and thus disrupt harmony-

No one comes out.

-is that how you are going to play? –

No one comes out. 

-alright, I guess, I will take the Bulgasari and leave-

Claus waits for the Bulgasari to fully reform.

Soon the massive beast reforms and lets out a powerful roar.

WHISTLE.

-look over here big guy-

 Claus whistles and then calls for the beast to catch its attention.

The massive beast looks up at the golden lion and growls then with a powerful sonic boom it lunges at the golden lion, but suddenly the golden lion vanishes from its vision and is replaced by a dark abyss.

A massive portal had opened and swallowed the Bulgasari then released him a small distance backward in the same line.

Due to the Bulgasari momentum from its jump, it found itself endlessly traveling between the two portals.

Then, the two portals grow in size and bend toward each other until their edges touch sealing away any remaining hope the Bulgasari had of escaping the loop.

Each portal takes on the form of half a sphere of the spherical spatial prison.

-alright, we are done here for today time to leave-

Strike team one starts to fly away with the spatial prison holding the Bulgasari flying behind them.

A pissed off blonde guy dressed in all black and wearing glasses materializes in front of them.

~give me back my Bulgasari ~

Claus’ lips curl up into a satisfied smile under Ariel’s helmet.

=========================================================================================

Author note:-

New chapters come out Saturday .

to support spirit of Gaia and become a member of hell nobility join on ko fi

https://ko-fi.com/hecatesarchive

Social media links:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOKN_jtGpLZqO6UyGgEjqpQ

https://www.reddit.com/r/spiritofGaia

https://www.facebook.com/hecatesarchive/

https://twitter.com/hecatesarchive

https://www.tiktok.com/@hecatesarchive

https://www.pinterest.com/hecatesarchive/

 

 

 

 

 

1