Ch. 22 – Multiple Proposals
161 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Multiple Proposals

 

In the morning, Bar did his best not to act weird during homeroom or language class while Miss Renee was in the room. For her part, Miss Renee didn't seem to act weird, although he did think once or twice a slight smile came his way during breaks in her lecturing.

 

At lunch, Claire was sitting in her office, daydreaming a bit, when the door suddenly opened.

“Wha-, oh...Renee, what's wrong?” Claire asked.

Miss Renee blushed, “He was amazing! Thank you so much for introducing me,” she said, grabbing Claire's hand and giving a blushing smile.

“You liked him that much?” Claire replied, blushing back.

Miss Renee nodded again, pulling out a slip of folded paper. “Are you seeing him today? Can you pass this along to him?”

Claire took it and nodded. “Sure thing.”

Miss Renee clapped her cheeks, blushing again. “I can't wait...” she then got up and left.

Claire sighed after she left. Bar, what did you do!? She's crazy over you! Opening the letter, it read:

 

Meet me in my office tomorrow at lunch

 

...And nothing else. I guess she's being discreet, at least.

 

The next day, Bar talked to Gerard in the morning. “Hey, I have an errand to run during lunch, if you wanna go eat with the other guys.”

Gerard nodded. “Okay. But what about Miss Fran over there?”

“I'm eating with Carlotta and the other girls,” Francesca replied (having already talked over the plan with Bar last evening).

Gerard nodded, before giving a sly smile. “Seeing one of your maids?” he whispered.

Bar blushed. “No, some school related stuff.”

Gerard nodded. “Alright, I won't pry.”

 

During lunch, he made his way to over to Miss Renee's office and knocked.

“Come in,” he heard from inside.

Bar opened and entered.

Miss Renee was inside, looking over some papers. She instantly grinned when Bar came in..

He closed the door, and sat down in front of her.

Miss Renee opened a drawer, dropping a small coinpurse on the table. “Here's payment for the first month.”

Bar took it, putting it into his pocket.

“I was thinking, I'd rather not risk someone catching us in town, so I think it would be better if I give you...lessons during lunch.”

Lessons?” Bar gulped.

Miss Renee smiled deviously. “Yes. Our cover is, you're trying to get a job at the academy after you graduate, and you're taking extra lessons with me to help get an edge. I originally was going to say you're 'struggling' but that wouldn't be believable with your marks.”

Bar nodded. “Makes sense.” The academy part isn't even untrue.

Miss Renee continued. “Every other day of the week during lunch. Fifteen gold a month. Proposal agreed to?”

Bar thought for a bit, then nodded. “Actually, that would be preferable, since my evenings are often busy.”

Miss Renee smiled more. “Excellent.” She then got off her chair, getting onto her hands and knees. “Follow me.”

Bar raised an eyebrow, and walked around.

Miss Renee reached her hand into an empty bookshelf behind her and...slid the back panel out. She then crawled through.

Bar was surprised, but followed in after.

On the other side was a small room behind the bookshelves. It wasn't large, just big enough for a cot, a few snacks, and stack of smut books (evidenced by the mostly naked men and women on the cover).

Bar didn't ask, but Miss Renee explained, “I found this on accident when I got this office. I'm assuming one of the previous teachers used it like to do: catching up on sleep during lunch, or slacking off when I'm supposed to be grading work.”

“It's very cozy,” Bar nodded.

Miss Renee grabbed the tie of his uniform, pulling him in for a passionate kiss. “We can use it for this though.”

Bar looked around, “Are you sure? What if someone hears us?”

Miss Renee blushed, “I've...played with myself a few times in here, and no one's said anything, so I think we're fine.”

Bar nodded. “Um...alright.”

“So you're fine with this?” Miss Renee wanted to confirm.

Bar nodded, grabbing her breasts.

“Let's get to it then.”

 

After going at it once, Miss Renee kissed him a bit. They had kept most of their clothes on, only moving aside what was necessary in order to do the deed.

“Mmmmhhh...I take back what I said last time, you're more than a decent kisser,” she said, before kissing him again.

Bar smiled and shrugged, “I do my best.”

Miss Renee blushed, then grabbed a box of chips. “Want one?”

Bar was feeling hungry since he hadn't eaten, so he grabbed a couple and ravenously ate them.

Miss Renee seemed to realize an issue. “Oh...I didn't think about you not eating. I'll stock up on some food for us to eat next time!”

“No, that's okay...”

“Nonsense! I can't have you run out of energy.”

After eating a few more snacks, Miss Renee kissed him one more time, then slid the panel back open. “We better get going, lunch is almost over.”

 

At class, Gerard asked him. “Did you get all your stuff taken care of?”

Bar nodded. “Yeah. Actually...” he peaked at Francesca quickly, “..I'm taking some extra lessons with Miss Renee. I'm trying to get a job at the academy after I graduate, and so I wanna get a head start.”

Gerard raised an eyebrow. “Really? I thought for sure you'd join the military with that swordsmanship.”

My swordsmanship probably sucks right now, I haven't touched one since the tournament. Thinking quickly, Bar replied, “Well, after the last exams... I feel like maybe working at the academy might be my calling.”

Gerard chuckled, “Haha, well, I hope that works for ya. If you change your mind about the military, though, I can put in a word for ya...” he elbowed him in the side.

“Haha, maybe...” Bar replied.

Francesca whispered, “Did it go okay?”

Bar nodded.

Francesca smiled and squeezed his leg.

 

Belle and Joan were making the beds in the dorm, when they heard a letter come through the mail slot. Looking at each other, Belle asked, “Did Ander send his proposal already?”

Joan nodded. “That must be it! No wonder he was there already last night, he works quickly.”

Walking over, Joan picked the letter up, and it was indeed from Ander. Opening it up, she read it over.

Belle watched as Joan raised an eyebrow. “What's wrong?”

Joan shook her head. “Nothing's wrong. Just a bit...surprised,” she explained, handing it to Belle.

 

Bar,

 

Hope you're doing well. To fix up your tavern and set it up like a restaurant, I would need a hundred gold for wood and material, and approximately one-fifty for the labor (depending on how long it takes). It sounds like you were having issues with price, so if you or anyone else can come help, I'll knock up to twenty gold off per person, as long as they can do basic labor (cutting boards, hammering nails, stuff like that) and depending on how much they help. That will speed up the process considerably, too.

 

If you accept, bring me the hundred for materials when you can. The gold for labor can be paid once it's complete.

 

Ander

 

Belle re-read it again to make sure she got everything. “So, can we afford that?”

Joan had a hand up to her mouth, thinking. “I...think we can. If Dolly and I help, maybe Mio too.”

“Oh, I can help!” Belle replied.

Joan smiled sheepishly, “Belle, I don't want you to dirty yourself. You're too pretty...”

Belle was confused. “What do you mean? We're all pretty.”

Joan sighed, Belle, you're too sweet.

“Besides, I'm one of Bar's woman too, I can't slack off,” she said, flexing the small amount of muscle on her arm.

Joan giggled, “Alright, alright.” She put the letter down and went back to the beds. “We'll see who all can tonight.”

 

After classes that day, Alice was walking to dueling club.

As was often the case, she couldn't help but have a gloomy look her face, thinking of Bar whenever she walked to club. At least when she was dueling, she could push his face out of her mind and focus on the task at hand.

That idiot, she thought angrily. And his annoying girlfriend.

She hadn't cared much when Bar had jumped from her to Francesca, although at first she was a bit concerned Francesca was being lied to about Bar's...taste in women, specifically his maids and the Dorm Mistress.

But any concern had fled out the window when Francesca had confronted her a couple weeks back. Even if she was being lied to or misled, she had no sympathy left after that.

As she quietly seethed on her walk, someone stopped in front of her.

“Woah...do you always walk with that expression on your face?” he asked.

Alice looked down. “You're...Cob, right? That fool Bar embarrassed at orientation.”

Cob started to scowl, but seemed to calm himself. “Yes, he did embarrass me. Just like he did you.”

Alice grabbed her (wooden) practice sword, before calming herself. “What do you want?”

Cob, who had recoiled a bit while she briefly clutched her sword, gave a slight 'phew'. “I want to knock Bar and House Champagne down a peg.”

Alice waited for him to continue. “And...”

“Well, I want your help. I figured you would interested in my plan,” Cob explained.

Alice paused for a moment, “Well...what are you proposing?”

 

At dinner in Bar's room, Joan passed the proposal from Ander around to the others.

“Do a few of you mind helping? If we can knock it down a bit, we could afford that,” Bar said.

Dolly nodded. “Of course. I have a vested interest anyway, haha,” she chuckled.

Joan blushed, “Considering what you're all doing, I'll help as well.”

Belle gave a fist pump. “Me too!”

Claire shook her head, “Belle, you should stay at the room so we have someone here. The room still needs kept up, and Bar will appreciate having someone here when he returns,” she explained, looking to Joan for support.

Joan blushed in embarrassment. She and Claire had made an informal agreement a while ago to protect Belle, the main tenets being 'make sure nothing happens to her' (like Lord Peckard trying to get her back) and to 'keep her pretty' since Belle was only a couple years older than Bar, so she would be youthful looking the longest.

They never really talked about it, and of course never said anything to Bar about it, since he would be upset. Just an agreement between older sisters to protect their younger one.

Belle seemed a bit upset, “Joan said that too. Why don't you want me to help? Bar would be happy with any of us here.”

Luckily, Bar saved the day. “Belle, why don't you work on your dishes for the restaurant? If we can get it up and running soon, then we'll need to be ready to start.”

Belle seemed unsure what to say, blushing at Bar. “O-okay...”

Joan and Claire looked at each other, sighing silently in relief.

“Well, two-hundred ten ain't bad, we can-”

“Wait, what about me? I can help,” Mio interjected.

Joan looked concerned, “Are you sure? I didn't want to push you.”

Mio waved her hand, “I don't need to be coddled. Plus I need to repay you all somehow since I barely do any maid-work. I've been feeling much better eating Belle's cooking every day, anyway,” she explained, poking Belle's cheek.

Belle blushed and looked down, smiling. “I'm glad...”

Claire nodded, “That would be a big help.”

“If my lady allows it, I can be of help as well,” Becky chimed in.

Francesca raised an eyebrow, looking over at her. “Really?”

Becky sighed, “It's easier for us as well if this is a success.”

Francesca nodded, “Of course, I just didn't think you'd want too...”

Becky shrugged, “My lady is in classes or studying most the day, so I can manage.”

Belle reached over and hugged Becky, who seemed a bit taken aback, but then smiled softly and hugged her in return.

 

That night, it was Francesca's turn to spend time with Bar, but it was the first time she was actually staying over. Usually she and Bar would make love once or twice, then she would head back to her dorm so as to not arouse suspicion. Unlike Claire, she could not talk away being seen near the men's dormitories in the early morning.

However, today had been the last day of classes for the week, so she could just stay inside later and slip out when no one would get suspicious.

“Bar...” she said, slipping off her uniform and hugging him.

Bar held her as well. “What?”

She snuggled into his chest, drills bouncing around. “I just want to hug you.”

Bat sat down on the bed, and Francesca wrapped her whole body around him like Claire often did.

“I'm not going to run away from you...”

Francesca giggled, “I know. I just feel...so much lighter when I'm with you. Like all my worries will be taken care of.”

Bar blushed, “Uh...I mean, I'll help as much as I can, but...”

Francesca giggled more. “Haha, I don't mean to put everything on you. Maybe I should say, I feel like I can do anything when I'm with you.”

“I don't think I'm that amazing...” Bar chuckled.

“Of course you are!” Francesca said, kissing him again. “You're amazing at sex, too.” She then stopped, thinking for a moment, “Hmm...do you think I should sell myself as well? I'm pretty, right? I could make a decent amount.”

Bar was taken aback at the statement. “Wha-what!? You wanna sell yourself?”

Francesca blushed. “I don't particularly want too. I just feel like I'm not contributing as much as everyone else is, and don't want be useless.”

Bar shook his head. “You're not useless. You're helping run interference with my parents. And once you graduate you can get a job to help as well.”

Francesca blushed a bit. “If you're sure...”

Bar blushed a bit back. “I know it's a bit selfish, but I'd rather none of my partners have to sell themselves...”

Francesca giggled. “I'm still not keen on you doing it either, but keeping Miss Renee happy is beneficial in several ways.”

Bar shook his head. “Let's just focus on each other for now.”

Francesca smiled and nodded, undoing Bar's uniform until he was shirtless. Rubbing her hands along his chest, she smiled. “I definitely lucked out...”

Bar undid her bra, squeezing her breasts, “That's my line.”

They quickly got down to business, Bar holding her up as he pounded into her repeatedly.

“Bar...turn me around...” she panted out.

Bar did as ask, spinning her around in his lap.

“I prefer being able to kiss you,” she blushed out, then went in for one.

Bar held her closely as the made out, then resumed thrusting into her. After a couple minutes, he clenched her closely to him as he released inside her, holding each other closely as they caught their breath.

Francesca clenched onto him tightly. “And now I can sleep next to you...” she said excitedly, pulling him onto the bed.

“You don't wanna go again?” Bar asked.

Francesca blushed. “Well...maybe once more.”

 

In the morning, Francesca woke up with her hand on Bar's chest, legs wrapped around one of his, chin snuggled onto his shoulder.

Seeing this sight,she smiled, her face becoming giddy with glee.

5