Ch. 30 – Avoiding Suspicion, part 2
83 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Avoiding Suspicion, part 2

 

Bar was awoken by a knock at the door. He jolted upright, realizing it was still dark, and he had fallen asleep sideways on his bed, still in his clothes.

Who is that? Did Fran actually sneak over? Did Mio change her mind? He heard another knock, then went over quickly to the door, swinging it open. Outside was...Lady Nantes, in a see-through nightgown.

“Lady...Nantes?” Bar asked, trying to keep eye contact.

Lady Nantes smiled, “Bar, I just wanted to apologize again for how my husband acted today. I made him promise he won't drink tomorrow,” she said, a bit of menace in her statement.

Bar actually felt a bit bad for Lord Nantes. “That's okay. It...didn't bother me or anything.”

Lady Nantes smiled again. She seemed to be looking past him, into the room.

Good thing Mio didn't stay...

“Did you enjoy the bath?” she asked.

Bar nodded. “Yes, it was very...luxurious.”

Lady Nantes' eyes seemed to linger on him for a while, as if she expected him to say something else.

“Um...is something wrong?” Bar asked.

Lady Nantes gave a smile, then shook her head. “No, no...have a good sleep. I'd like to talk with you and Fran about some...things to consider going forward.”

Bar held back a gulp and nodded, and Lady Nantes gave him a nod and walked away.

Bar sighed and closed the door, going back over to take off his clothes and put his pajamas on. As he sat down, the door knocked again.

What now!? Did she forget something? Wait... Assuming he knew who it was, he flung the door open, only to see...Becky.

Becky looked up at him. “What's that look on your face? Were you expecting someone else?”

“Well...yes...”

Becky sighed, then pushed past him. After he closed the door, Becky started, “Did Lady Nantes try to seduce you?”

Seduce me!?” Bar asked, a bit incredulous. “I guess she was dressed a bit...”

Becky got a sullen look. “My Lady overestimates her own allure, thinking just showing up in a nightgown might attract you enough to jump on her. Or at least try too. I was the lookout for her.”

Bar was confused. “I wouldn't do something like that...”

“Really?” Becky raised an eyebrow.

Bar blushed, “Yes! There's a difference between picking up single girls and my own fiance's mother!”

Becky shook her head. “I didn't believe you would either, but she believes it's something she needed to test.”

Bar nodded. “Well, thanks for letting me know.”

Becky nodded, then just stood there.

Bar raised an eyebrow. “What's wrong? Did you want to talk about something else?”

Becky sighed. “No. What do you think I want to talk about when I'm visiting you this late?”

Bar was more confused, “To...tease me about something? Or maybe to warn me about tomorrow?”

Becky shook her head, “No, although I guess I haven't hit my quota for teasing you lately. I came to have sex with you.”

Bar though he might have misheard. “Wha...what!? You want to have sex with me? I thought you didn't even really like me.”

Becky averted her gaze, blushing slightly. “That is not true. Maybe I did not have a high opinion of you at first, but you grew on me with how you treated the other maids, and Fran. In truth, I didn't want to believe I was developing feelings for you, but at some point I couldn't lie to myself...”

Bar wasn't sure he understood. “Then why did you keep teasing me?”

Becky blushed more, “I thought you might catch on if I changed how I acted.”

Bar nodded, “Well, you did a good job, then, since I didn't.”

Becky nodded back, “Plus you seemed to like it.”

“I don't think like is correct, but I do find your personality endearing. It also made it cuter the rare time you slipped up.”

Becky blushed even more, now looking down. “So? Would you like to?”

Bar had to regain his bearings, holding out his hands. “Weren't you the one saying I shouldn't have sex on this trip?”

Becky nodded, “Yes, and that's still true, but selfishly I hoped to make an opening for myself. Plus, no one would think I would.”

Bar sighed, “Well, I'm impressed, you did a good job. Did you even tell Lady Nantes you would watch to make sure I didn't sneak out?”

Becky nodded.

“And? What would Fran say if she found out?” Bar asked.

Becky shook her head. “Fran has told me multiple times I should just give my first time to you, so that I can join in on your 'fun' afterwards. She doesn't know I'm here now of course. I figured you might be a bit pent up after a few days, though.”

Bar nodded. “Okay, I guess we're doing this then. I'm not saying I wouldn't survive, but I'm not going to turn down a cute maid, especially you.”

Becky blushed. “Please be gentle with me, if you can.”

Bar walked over, carefully lifting her chin and giving her a soft kiss. Becky seemed unsure what to do, so Bar kissed her again, slowly prodding with his tongue. While Becky was not receptive at first, she eventually understood and reciprocated with her own tongue.

Bar wrapped his arms around her, pulling her in until her breasts squished against his midsection.

After a few minutes of making out, Becky looked down, as she felt Bar's member sticking into her stomach. “Will that even fit in me? I guess it fits in Fran and Miss Claire...”

Bar grinned, happy Becky's personality was still shining through. “I'll be careful.”

Becky nodded, then held out her arms.

Bar was taken aback for a moment, then realized Becky must assume this is how things work. He reached around and undid her maid outfit, until it slid off her, revealing plain black undergarments. They weren't lacy, but they were nicer than normal rough woolen ones.

Seeing Bar was looking at them, Becky blushed slightly, “Fran made me get them for this occasion.”

Bar picked her up, causing her to blush more, but didn't protest as Bar carried her over to the bed. He sat down, putting her in his lap. He then grabbed her breasts.

“I believe they are almost on par with Joan's,” Becky said. “She wears only one size larger than me.”

Bar chuckled, “Thanks but it's not a big deal.”

Becky nodded, then reached around and unhooked it. “Do as you'd like.”

Taking her up on her offer, Bar started squeezing and rotating them, before delicately rubbing her nipples. Becky started shivering in his lap, so he reached down into her panties, carefully sticking a finger in, until she spasmed in his arms.

Becky's demeanor seemed almost broken, her face red and breathing heavy. “That felt...good.”

Bar rotated her around, and started kissing her again.

“Should I grab yours as well?” she said, sticking her hand in.

Bar shivered slightly at the tender touch she gave it. “I don't mind, but I'm ready to move to the next step. If you are...”

Becky nodded, laying down and clenching her fists.

Bar leaned over and kissed her, “Don't tense up, like I said, I'll be careful.”

Becky nodded, seeming to relax slightly as Bar slid off her wet undergarment. He then took off his own, his member flipping out. She grabbed onto his hands, interlacing their fingers as he carefully slid into her. She moaned a bit as he went into her, before taking deep breaths as Bar hit inside her.

“That hurt a bit,” she said. “But I think I'm okay.”

Bar leaned over and kissed her. “Are you ready?”

Becky bit her lip and nodded.

Bar started sliding in and out.

“I took some of Fran's contraceptive medicine. She was insistent it feels better if you release inside,” she explained. “I also don't want the sheets too much of a mess, or someone might get suspicious.”

Bar grinned sheepishly. He kept pumping in and out for a few minutes, Becky grabbing his hands tighter and sweet moans starting to escape from her the more he hit. After a bit longer, he felt himself coming, and wrapped his arms around Becky, holding her tightly as he released into her.

Becky also shook in his arms, moaning louder than before. She gasped for air, gripping onto Bar. “Bar...”

Bar got off from on top, laying next to her and wiping the sweaty hair from her face. “You okay?”

Becky nodded, trying to catch her breath, then gave a smile. “Yes. It hurt a bit, but it felt amazing after a while. No wonder Fran is so addicted to this.”

Bar smiled back, poking her chest. “Well, we can do this whenever. Well, at least whenever you can get scheduled...”

Becky shook her head. “No, I cannot intrude on your wives...”

Bar shook his head back. “What do you mean? You don't want to marry?”

Becky sighed, “I merely want to be by my Lady's side...well, and yours now,” she blushed again. “I should continue to be a maid and look after your children.”

Bar shrugged, “You can still do that if we're married. Belle and Joan are going to be doing the same thing when they're not at the restaurant.”

Becky blushed, then put her forehead to his chest to hide her face. “I'll consider it.”

Bar wrapped his arms around her, and they cuddled together for a while.

 

After a bit, Bar starting to drift to sleep, Becky escaped his clutches. “I must return to the maid quarters, lest someone get suspicious of me.”

Bar felt a twinge of sadness as she left.

Becky could see his expression, then blushed. “You wish me to stay that much?”

Bar nodded. “I want to get you know you even better.”

Becky blushed more, “We can sort things out once we're back at the academy. For now, we need to keep up appearances. After she finished putting her maid outfit back on, she walked over and gave him a deep kiss. “Get some sleep.”

 

In the morning, Bar was woken up by Mio coming in.

“Mio?” he asked, seeing her walk over.

Mio giggled, “Did you get too hot last night?” she asked.

Bar looked down, realizing he was still naked. Blushing slightly, he shook his head.

Mio giggled again, then went to get him some clothes. “Come on, they're probably waiting for you.” She quickly helped him wash his face and get dressed, then followed her to the dining hall.

Inside was the three Nantes family members, plus a new one. A man, probably a few years older than him, was sitting next to Lord Nantes. Bar's eyes, however, were drawn to Becky, who stood to the side with the other servants. She glanced at him, but her face remained as stoic as ever, not breaking her normal maid demeanor.

Bar's eyes went back to the new person in the room. He assumed it was Francesca's older brother, they looked fairly similar and had the exact same hair color as her and Lady Nantes, so he went to greet him. “Hello,” he said, holding out his hand.

The man looked at him suspiciously, then smiled and grabbed his hand, shaking forcefully. “You must be the Bar I've been hearing about.”

Bar nervously grinned back as his whole body shook a bit. “I am.”

The man nodded, “I'm Corellius. Just call me Core though.”

“Of course...Core.”

They then sat down. Francesca gave him a small smile as the food was brought out.

Lord Nantes seemed to be continuing a conversation of the previous days events. “So as I was saying, he cut that blasted sword in half! I have half a mind to string up the blacksmith...”

Corellius was looking at Bar then back at his father. “I should give him a proper duel then, since you couldn't finish yours.”

Lord Nantes laughed, “Haha, he cut my sword in half! If that isn't a win, what is? Right Bar?”

Bar smiled nervously again.

“Well, are you up for it?” Corellius asked, more directly.

“I...uh...” he looked at Francesca, but she just smiled, “...sure.”

 

After breakfast, they went back to the courtyard. This time, the whole Nantes family seemed to be there, along with what seemed like most of the servants.

He unsheathed his sword, giving it to Mio again, who giggled softly, “Why does this keep happening?”

Bar just sighed, then walked over.

Corellius was much more professional in his dueling demeanor than his father, waiting until Bar was clearly ready before assuming the dueling posture. “Are you ready?”

Bar took a deep breath and nodded.

Corellius lunged at him, which Bar easily parried. “Haha, I had to check that sword wasn't for show.” He then got into a position to start taking swinging strikes.

Bar instantly parried with just muscle memory. This was exactly like Alice's dueling stance, except slower, but more powerful, given Corellius's size. After a minute, Bar decided to take a swing himself, but Corellius countered.

However, he had to step back away from Bar due to the force. “Haha, have you dueled someone like me before?”

“A few times,” Bar replied, then slashed at him, trying to stay on the offensive.

He and Corellius both started taking turns going on the offensive, but neither seemed to be able to get the upper hand. Eventually though, Bar started to feel worn down, and barely parried a blow in time.

“I concede,” Bar got out.

Corellius was in the middle of a spin, and stopped himself. Both of them immediately slouched over as the tension left their bodies.

Mio came over, “Are you alright?” she whispered, handing him his sheathe.

Bar gave a weak smile and nodded as he wrapped his sheathe back on.

Corellius came over, grinning ear to ear. “You're good. Really good. I thought I recognized you, you got second in the dueling tournament a few months ago, right?”

Bar nodded.

“No wonder. You're a shoo-in for the military on your skills alone.”

Bar held up his hands, “Ah, I'm not positive I want to.”

Corellius raised an eyebrow. “Really? It's good money, and House Champagne already has members in it, right?”

“Yeah, I just...”

Lord Nantes slapped both of their backs, having a similar grin to what he'd had yesterday. “What a duel! I think that deserves a drink!”

Lady Nantes seemed to be barely holding back her anger, while Francesca, looking between her mother and father, tried to force a smile.

 

A bit later, Bar was in the same position as yesterday in Lord Nantes study, except this time Corellius was next to him drinking.

“That was great! You're easily the most promising student in your year, besides maybe Alice. And Gerard, of course,” Corellius said, taking a drink.

Bar watched as Lord Nantes started to top it up as Corellius sat it down. “Do you know Gerard?”

Corellius nodded. “A bit, I've met him a few times since his father is above me in command. I'm surprised he didn't enter the duel tournament, mighta been able to win. Of course, he won't be using his sword as much as you and me.”

Bar decided not to protest the assumption he was joining the military for now. “Why do you say that?”

Corellius raised an eyebrow. “Well, he's a smart fellow. He's gonna be a shoo-in for a commander, especially since he's engaged to one of the princesses.”

Bar just nodded along.

Lord Nantes made a head motion to Bar, “This fellow was actually second in his year, just behind Gerard.”

Corellius's eyebrow raised further. “Really? You oughta get on the commander fast-track too. We need more smart young guys and less old grandpas who care more about drilling than tactics or supply.”

Lord Nantes laughed. “He even tutored Francesca up to eighth in their year.”

Corellius coughed on his drink. “Ei-eighth!? That's higher than I ever got. There's no way.”

 

While the guys were drinking again, Lady Nantes, Francesca, and Becky were in Francesca's room. Becky was standing in the corner (her normal maid spot), Francesca was sitting on the bed, while Lady Nantes was pacing back and forth.

“I can't believe this...this is not how you present our family to a potential marriage candidate...idiotic man...” she mumbled as she continued walking.

Francesca tried to calm her mother down. “But...he's getting along well with Father and Brother, and it's not like he seemed unhappy.”

Lady Nantes shook her head, “You don't know that.”

Francesca held back a sigh, It's pretty hard to make Bar unhappy. Maybe only if you insult his fiances, from what I've seen.

Lady Nantes turned to Becky, “No one went to his room after I left last night, right?”

Becky nodded, looking down, “Yes. No one came or left the corridor. Besides me, that is.”

Lady Nantes nodded.

Francesca got a bit upset. “You're using Becky to spy on him? I figured you would be a bit cautious, but is that really necessary?”

Lady Nantes shook her head again. “You don't understand. Men can't be trusted around pretty women.”

Francesca grabbed the bridge of her nose. I mean, Bar is a bit of a women....collector, but he's not malicious about it.

Becky piped up, “My Lady, if I may...”

Lady Nantes turned to her.

“I believe Bar is a decent man. He has treated Francesca quite well, and I believe he has a bright future.”

“Becky...” Francesca said, surprised at the response.

Lady Nantes sighed, then hung her head. “Maybe I'm just paranoid because of your father...”

Francesca shook her head, You're not much better, Mother...

 

That afternoon, Lord Nantes and Corellius were napping after drinking, and Lady Nantes had finally gotten Bar and Francesca together in her study.

“For now, I approve of your continued courtship,” she started.

Bar breathed a small sigh of relief, while Francesca smiled and nodded.

“However, I have a few conditions. One, I want you to continue tutoring Francesca.”

Bar smiled, “Of course. I already planned on it.”

Lady Nantes nodded. “Good. Second, and I'm sure you already know this, but there will be no sex until you two are married, assuming this goes that far.”

Bar tried to not blush, but luckily Francesca smiled. “Bar knows how to treat a lady properly.”

Lady Nantes smiled, “Good. Third, I want Bar joining the military.”

Bar blinked, while Francesca looked at him then replied, “But mother... Bar hasn't decided what he will do once he graduates, and we're still first years...”

Lady Nantes shook her head. “I won't have my daughter in some poor family. The military guarantees a good income, especially if Bar gets an officer position.”

Bar nodded, “Okay.”

Lady Nantes smiled. “Good. That's all then, I'm going to go pour some water on your sleeping father...” she said before leaving the study.

After she had left, Francesca turned to Bar, “I thought you didn't want to join the military?”

Bar shook his head, “I don't, but we're already lying about her second condition, so why not another?”

Francesca smirked, then shook her head, “I don't like lying to my parents, even if they're part of the problem.”

Bar shrugged, “I mean, they're going to disown you once they figure out whats going on.”

Francesca shook her head, “I'm hoping I can salvage some relationship, at least.”

At that point, the door opened, and Mio and Becky came inside.

“Were you two just planning on talking in here all day?” Becky asked.

Francesca tried to poke her cheek, but Becky deftly dodged. Francesca just shook her head, “Well, I won't get too mad at you, since you were so complimentary of Bar earlier,” she turned to Bar. “Mother was convinced to trust you by Becky.”

Bar smiled sheepishly at Becky, “Thanks.”

Becky tried to keep her face her normal calm, but then blushed slightly and looked away.

Francesca laughed, “Haha, Bar is starting to wear you down.”

“Fran, I...” Becky started, but Francesca walked out the door, “Let's go get a snack.”

Mio had a raised eyebrow, and was looking between them. “Are you two...”

Becky blushed a bit more.

Francesca stuck her head back in, “Are you all coming?”

4