Ch. 31 – A Clearer Signal
93 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A Clearer Signal

 

While Bar and the rest were having dinner at the Nantes estate, Claire was in her dorm apartment with Belle, cleaning up.

“Thanks for helping me Belle. Since I've been spending so much time at Bar's, I barely spend any time here besides sleeping.”

Belle shook her head, “It's no problem. I barely have anything to clean at Bar's while he's gone so this is good to keep my skills up!” she said, giving a fist pump.

Claire gave a small giggle, “I don't think that's necessary...”

 

After a while of cleaning, Belle found a half-open box of clothes. Opening it up, she found an academy uniform. “Is this yours?”

Claire looked over as Belle held it up. Blushing, she nodded, “Yes. I took most of my stuff when I moved out of the Savoie estate, so it ended up in a box of old clothes.”

Belle held it up to herself. “Do you think I would look good in it?”

Claire laughed, “You'll tear it!”

Belle seemed disappointed, but then held it to Claire. “You can try it on!”

After a bit of coercing, Belle eventually got Claire into the uniform. “You look so cute!” Belle exclaimed, hugging her.

Claire blushed, “I don't...”

Belle looked her up and down. “You could still pass for an academy student.”

Claire got a haughty smile, “That's right, I still look young! Well, I did only graduate a few years ago...”

Suddenly the door opened up and Renee walked in. She blinked twice, looking at Claire in her uniform. “Claire?”

Claire blushed. “Uh...Belle-”

Renee rushed over, smiling and leaning down. “Does Bar like academy uniforms too? I knew he liked maids, but-”

Claire backed up. “No, I was just seeing if it still fit. Although...”

Renee shook her head, “Well, never mind that for now, Bar isn't here anyway.” She took out a scroll, unfurled it, and slapped it on the table. “How does this look?”

Claire jumped up on a chair and Belle walked over to look at the paper. It was a layout for a house. It was moderate sized, with several bathrooms and a half dozen bedrooms. It seemed to have been made with the idea of cramming as many rooms in as possible.

“It's part way between Dolly's place and the Academy, so it should be fairly convenient. We might have to share bedrooms occasionally, but I doubt most of us will mind that, especially since some will be with Bar anyway,” she then pointed to a room labeled 'Grand Bath'. “This is what I'm most interested in, a bath large enough to fit all of us.”

Belle seemed to get excited, “It's larger than most of the bedrooms!”

Claire sighed, “Are you just liking this one because of the bath?”

Renee smirked, “This is for everyone in Bar's entourage of women, but I am the one paying for it.”

Claire blushed, “Fair enough...we should at least run it by Bar and the others first though.”

Renee rolled it back up and nodded. “Of course, I wouldn't do anything without Bar's approval.”

Belle looked at Renee in awe. “You really respect Bar, don't you?”

Renee, “It's not so much respect, more...endearment. There's not many men who would care for me as Bar does.”

Belle shook her head, “I'm glad you're here, but you're really beautiful, Renee. I'm sure other guys would like you too.”

Renee shook her head, “That's too nice coming from you, Belle. You're the most gorgeous of all of us.”

Belle blushed, then hugged Renee. Renee, overcome with emotion, hugged her back.

Claire sighed, “It's nice you two get along, but aren't you being a little too affectionate?”

Belle and Renee looked at each other, then hugged Claire, squishing her between their breasts. “You just wanted to be hugged, too.”

Claire blushed, patting their backs, and fighting to get out, “Okay, okay...”

 

Joan and Dolly were down at the restaurant, painting the exterior a bright white color. Joan was holding the ladder steady while Dolly painted.

“It'll sure stand out now, haha,” Dolly laughed.

Joan smiled and nodded, “Hopefully that attracts customers. Or at least says 'we're not a tavern anymore'.”

Bethany, who had occasionally been coming down to help, was standing on a different ladder, being held by Ander. She looked over at them, “You two seem to get along well for being with the same man. Do you never get jealous?”

Ander laughed, “Haha, you shouldn't pry into their personal life Beth,” she looked over, “I am a bit curious myself though.”

Dolly laughed, “Haha, I guess it is a bit odd. Well, Bar's a noble after all, having multiple wives isn't uncommon.”

Bethany shrugged, “Just because it's more accepted doesn't mean the women would automatically accept it.”

Joan blushed, “Living as one of Bar's wives is much better than just being a maid that might get thrown out eventually.”

Dolly also blushed, “I'm not gonna say no to a man who wants me at my age.”

Bethany raised her eyebrow, “So you're both just with him since the other option is worse?”

Joan giggled. Bethany seemed even more confused, but before she could say anything else, Joan replied, “Sorry, we just get asked that a lot from anyone who finds out. The answer is yes, but I also care about Bar, so it's a win-win.”

Dolly nodded, “I ain't leaving Bar for no one. Just wish he'd found me a few years sooner.”

Joan giggled, “A few years ago Bar wasn't in academy yet.”

Dolly blushed, “Ah, guess it turned as best it could then...”

Bethany sighed. “I guess if it works, it works.”

Ander laughed, “Maybe I should see if your Grandma would let me find another wife?”

“I don't think she'd be as understanding as Joan and Dolly.”

 

That night, the five of them sat down in Bar's room for dinner.

Belle sighed, “It feels wrong only making food for five...”

Joan smiled and patted her shoulder, “It's okay, just a couple more days and they'll be back.”

Dolly seemed thoughtful, “It'd be nice to go on a trip with Bar some time.”

Claire, in between bites, said, “I doubt he's enjoying his trip. He and Fran probably won't be able to get any alone time. Her mother is probably watching her like a hawk.”

Renee got an idea, “What if Lady Nantes tries to seduce Bar too? Or maybe Bar will make a move on her?”

Dolly laughed, while Claire sighed, “You really think Bar is gonna...” she shook her head, “Lady Nantes isn't gonna try and seduce Bar. To go after your own daughter's man...”

Renee looked at her, “Your mother didn't?”

Claire blushed, “No! Of course not. Not every woman is trying to get in bed with Bar.”

Joan nodded. “We have enough of us sharing his attention as it is.”

The other four nodded.

 

Meanwhile, at the Nantes estate, Bar was lying in bed. He was exhausted from the past couple days, but luckily they were leaving in the morning.

I'm glad everyone seemed to accept me. I almost feel bad that we're deceiving them, but... he shook his head. No, I'm not just going to forget about everyone else.

A knock came at the door. Fran!? Or...is Becky here again? Before he could even get up, the door opened, and Mio came in.

“Mio?” Bar asked surprised.

Mio giggled as she closed the door. “Expecting someone else?”

Bar blushed, “No, just...wasn't expecting anyone actually.”

Mio nodded, then came over and walked over. Bar invited her to sit down on the bed, so she did. Turning towards him, she asked, seeming a bit excited, “I figured out what I want.”

Bar took a moment to remember, his mind having been occupied the past couple days, but he eventually recalled their conversation at the inn. Blushing, he asked, “What is it?”

“I want to go to the academy,” she replied, looking confident in her decision.

Bar took a moment to comprehend her statement. “You...you want to go to the academy? Like, you mean attending classes?”

Mio nodded, still looking confident.

“Errr...it's mostly for nobles. Actually, its only for nobles.”

Mio looked confused. “I knew you and Fran were, but...everyone there is a noble?”

Bar nodded. “Everyone. The students, the teachers, even Dorm Mistress Claire.”

Mio looked down, then shook her head. “So I just need to be a noble? Can't you get your parents to adopt me? Or maybe...” she blushed a bit, “...get married to me?”

Bar blushed back, but held his temple. “I mean, technically yes, but that would need to be an official marriage to count and that would throw our plans into disarray, and we just spent the past few days making sure that doesn't happen. And there's no way we'd convince my parents to adopt a maid.”

Mio shook her head again, “But...can't I get in some other way? Like just paying a large amount of money?”

Bar thought, “I guess that's a possibility, but the tuition is a lot. Only nobles or rich merchants could really afford it anyway.”

Mio sighed in defeat, hanging her head. “I knew it was too good to be true.”

Bar raised an eyebrow, “Why did you suddenly want to attend academy?”

“When I got to wear that uniform and go around with Fran when we spied on Alice and Cob...it was really fun...” she blushed.

Bar sighed, “It's a lot of work, though. You can't just go around having fun all day, you have to attend classes, and study, and take exams.”

Mio shook her head, “That's fine. I'd rather be learning something than whoring myself out at a tavern like I used too.”

Bar shook his head, “I told you, you don't need to worry about doing something like that anymore.”

Mio shook her head more, “I want to be useful though.”

Bar was trying to think of something to say, but struggled to on what exactly he should. After he thought for a moment, he asked, “How much education do you have?”

“None really,” Mio replied. “Isn't that what academy is for?”

Bar just closed his eyes. “You need to have a bit of a baseline education first...”

“That's fine, I'll start practicing now! Actually, Renee taught me how to write my name the other day. And I think I can write yours too.”

“I think...” Bar started, then shook his head, “Alright, I'll talk with Renee and Claire once we get back, they'll know what your options are better than me. But I can't promise anything.”

Mio seemed to brighten up at this, giving him a hug. “Thanks!”

Bar hugged her back.

After a moment, she stood up, “I'm gonna go practice writing more.”

Bar watched as she ran out. Maybe Renee can teach her more, at least.

 

In the morning, after saying their goodbyes, the group left the Nantes estate. Inside the carriage, Francesca was insisting on sitting next to Bar, leaning into him.

Bar blushed, “Fran...”

Francesca blushed back, “I just want to be close to you. We haven't done it in so long...”

Mio giggled, “You two are really something. I'm kind of jealous honestly.”

Francesca blushed more at the response, but smiled. She then looked at Becky, as if waiting on her to tease them.

Becky, however, just blushed slightly and looked away.

Francesca blinked in surprise. “What's wrong Becky?”

“Nothing,” Becky replied succinctly.

Francesca let go for Bar and looked at her. “Why are you acting weird?”

Becky blushed more, then started “I-...”

Francesca giggled, “What? Are you jealous of our relationship too?”

Becky sighed, then turned to look at her. “I slept with Bar.”

Francesca's eyes went wide as saucers. “What!? And you didn't tell me!?”

“I tried too, but it was interrupted, and then there wasn't a good time...”

Francesca scooted over next to Becky, inadvertently squishing Mio. “How did it go? Do you understand what I was saying? Did you...” her voice got lower and they started whispering.

Bar sighed. Well, that's fine. Seeing Mio was squished, he pulled her over to sit next to him.

Mio blushed slightly, the smiled, “Thanks.”

Since Francesca and Becky were whispering to each other, Mio awkwardly looked up at Bar. “Soooo....”

Bar, trying to think of something, asked, “How did your writing practice go?”

Mio instantly cheered up. “I think I did pretty good. I practiced some of the other girls' names too. Renee said I need to be able to read and write everyone's name at a minimum.”

Bar scratched his cheek, “If you want to get into the Academy, you have to be able to write a lot more than that...”

Francesca and Becky stopped their whispered conversation to look at Mio.

“You want to enter the academy?” Francesca asked, raising an eyebrow.

Mio blushed, “Going around with you was really fun. And I wish I could do more than just be a maid...”

Francseca crossed her arms and closed her eyes, nodding. “I understand, you want to marry Bar and help support the family too, right?”

Mio nodded. “I feel like I can do more if I put my mind to it.”

Bar was taken aback. “Wha-what? Marry?”

Mio looked at him, “Yeah, I even suggested it last night...do you not want too? I mean especially if you're marrying Becky now too, it would be weird if I was the only one not.”

“No, it's not that I don't want too, but you don't need to force yourself just-”

Mio grabbed his cuff, irritated, “What do you mean!? You think I just kissed you for no reason?”

Before Bar could reply, Becky chimed in, “Mio, I think Bar was waiting for you to send him a clearer signal. You need to be direct like I was.”

Mio blushed and let go.

Francesca pulled Mio back over to the other bench, and started whispering to her now, with Becky adding something occasionally.

 

After a while, night came, and they stopped at another fancy inn.

While Mio was being quiet, Francesca was asking questions during dinner. “Bar, do you want Becky and I to share our nights? Or do you think that's a problem?”

Bar shrugged, “I don't mind either way. It's whatever you're comfortable with.”

“I've already seen Fran naked thousands of times,” Becky chimed in.

Francesca giggled, “This is a little different...”

 

That night, Bar went up to his room with Mio. He felt like he knew what was coming, and tensed up a bit as they entered.

Mio seemed like she was deep in thought. “You really wanna have sex with me, right?”

Bar wasn't expecting that as a starter, but nodded. “Of course. Like I said, we don't have too, but-”

Mio shook her head. “I obviously do too. I just...feel weird. Like inside.”

Bar came over and wrapped his arms around her, and Mio buried her face into his chest. “You make me feel safe, though.”

Bar smiled, “I don't think I've heard that before.”

Mio leaned up and kissed him. “I wanted to bathe first, but I don't think I can wait.”

“Do you want to take the lead?” Bar asked.

Mio nodded. Pulling Bar over to the bed, she pulled off his shirt. “I like poking your muscles,” she said, as she did.

Bar chuckled, “There's more muscular guys in the dueling club.”

Mio giggled, “Well, they're not here.”

Bar grabbed around Mio, untying her maid outfit.

Mio blushed as it slid off, revealing rough woolen undergarments. “I need to get new ones, these barely fit anymore since I gained weight.” She looked down at Bar's member, which was enlarging inside his pants. “You're that excited just seeing me in my underwear?”

Bar blushed, “Well, yeah...”

Mio giggled, blushing as well. “Fran said it wouldn't be that hard to seduce you, but I didn't think it would be this easy.”

Bar shrugged, sidling up to her for a kiss, “I knew what was going to happen.”

Mio giggled more, “Were you looking forward to it?”

Bar nodded, “Of course. My whole goal from the outset was to marry a bunch of cute maids.”

Mio blushed more, then asked, “Well, are we going to do this?”

Bar nodded, picking her up and sitting down, putting her in his lap. Taking off her bra, he watched as her perky breasts fell out.

“Do you think they look weird? I've gotten comments before...” she asked.

Bar shook his head, “No, they're cute,” he said squeezing them gently.

Mio kissed him. “Do you tell everyone that?”

“Well, I wouldn't call some of them 'cute'...” Bar replied.

Mio giggled. “Can you just hold me for a bit?”

Bar nodded, wrapping his arms around her bare stomach and pulling her tight.

Mio seemed content for a couple minutes, breathing steadily and leaning against him. However, after a bit she looked up at him, “I wanted to bathe in the moment, but it's hard with your stick poking me,” she smirked.

Bar blushed, “Sorry...”

Mio shook her head, standing up and pulling his pants off, causing his member to flick out.

“You too,” Bar said, pulling Mio panties off.

Mio blushed, then slid onto his lap.

“You ready?” Bar asked.

Mio nodded.

Bar picked her up, sliding his member into her.

Mio shivered a bit, but smiled. “Hold me again.”

Bar did, and they sat there connected for a minute.

Mio laid her head on his shoulder. “This is already the best sex I've had.”

Bar smiled, “How so?”

Mio blushed, “Just being all cozy and gentle.”

Bar scratched his cheek, “Well, I'm enjoying it too.”

Mio kissed him. “Let's continue.”

Bar started thrusting up and down slowly, Mio moaning each time he hit inside her.

“Oh, Bar...” she cried as he started to increase his speed. She started spasming in his arms, as Bar held her close, their bodies sliding together.

After a few minutes more, Bar held her down as he released deep inside her.

Mio was gasping for air, heaving against Bar. “That was amazing.”

Bar nodded in agreement, hugging her to him.

After a minute, Mio slid off. Looking over at the tub, she giggled, “Can I wash you, Master?”

Bar chuckled, “Only if I can wash you too.”

 

The two of them got in and scrubbed each other, which led to doing it once more in the tub after some sensual rubbing.

Once they were done, they put on their pajamas and crawled into bed.

“Hopefully the others aren't too mad,” she said, cuddling into him.

Bar grimaced, “They'll be mad at me, not you.”

4