Ch9
217 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.

After some time, Mike left the Kamar Taj with his new weapon, a sling ring, and some beginner magic book.

'It went better than I expected,' Mike thought as he returned to the New York Sanctum.

.

Meanwhile, Ancient One once again sat in the same position as before, pounding on how the meeting had produced.

'It shouldn't have gone that way.'

During the entire meeting, it felt like someone was suggesting to her what to do and what not to do.

She doesn't know why, but when she was about to accept his proposal of getting out of the system despite the small voice in her head saying no, she felt danger, danger to her life like never before in her long life.

So she did the only sensible thing and rejected his offer.

"It's much more complex than I thought," she muttered with an absent-minded look on her face.

.

After saying goodbye to a relatively stiff Master Lee, Mike left the sanctum and headed to the nearest supermarket to grab some groceries for later.

"Should I get Greek or Skyr?" Mike muttered to himself while holding two different cups of yogurt.

"Why don't you just take the plain one and go?" a slightly annoyed female voice said from behind.

"Excuse me?" Mike said before turning around and looking at the person who was giving her opinion when it didn't matter.

But what he saw was not what he expected. Instead of a woman in her forties, a beautiful silver-haired teen around his age was standing behind him with an annoyed look on her face. Which almost melted as she saw his face.

'Calm down, girl, calm down. You can't forgive him just because he has a damn perfect face. He made you and others wait for almost five minutes, so focus, girl, focus.' She gave herself a pep talk.

"I mean, I'm only giving you a suggestion. You can choose whatever you want. Take your time," the teen said rapidly in a nervous tone.

'Damn it, mission failed!'

'Silver hair! That's certainly uncommon, and why the heck is she behaving like that?' Mike thought while oblivious to the few facts, like how his unique skill had made some minute changes to his body and his perspective of time. He also stood there for at least a few minutes without blinking as he was choosing the yogurt.

"Well, thanks for your suggestion, Miss?" Mike asked with a smile.

"Felicia, Felicia Hardy!"

'So, it's really the black cat. What are the odds of me meeting her on the first day outside?' He thought.

"Well, thanks for your suggestion, Felicia. I might take your advice after all," Mike said before putting ten boxes of each of the three types of yogurt in his cart.

'As much as I want to talk with her, right now is not the right time to focus on her. I still have to get a few more things before the time ends.'

"See you around, Felicia," Mike said before moving to the next section of the market as he wanted to get as much food as he could for under six thousand dollars.

"See you around..." Felicia said before remembering he hadn't even given his name to her before leaving.

.

"Finally home," Mike said before entering the house with a single grocery bag. Everything else was sneakily put in his inventory so he didn't have to carry around almost six thousand dollars worth of food.

'Now, what else is left to do?' Mick thought as he entered his living room.

'Food, check. Magic weapon to murder any fucker with a healing factor, check. Sling ring and some basic magic books to learn magic, check. Getting transport ready for different worlds, not check.'

'Shit! My daily login. That's what I'm forgetting.'

Mick immediately took out his phone and opened the daily login of the MSG group.

[Daily login...]

[Congratulations on your first login. You will get x5 the points as the reward.]

[You got 85 points today.]

[Applying the x5 reward...]

[You gained 425 points.]

.

'Shit, 425 points, that's a lot of points,' he thought with an excited look on his face.

'I can get a genuine spaceship for only 350 points.'

'It would be a small low-end citizen transport class spaceship, but still, a genuine spaceship that could travel in space.' Mike thought excitedly.

'Wait, what is that?' Mike saw a particular column in the shop that was not there before, named Weekly Deals.

'So, let's see what is inside it, right?' He clicked on it to see what it was about.

[Weekly Deals:

* Fire Manipulation (Epic): 10,000 points.

* Complete Body Refinement Art (Rare): 1000 points.

* Two-star meteor iron sword (Uncommon): 250 points

* MCI VI Infiltrater (Rare): 600 points.

* Household magic book (Uncommon): 200 points.

Note: All the items here are sold at 50% off.]

'An Epic rank fire manipulation that would instantly turn me into an omega-level being,' Mike almost giggled in excitement, almost being the keyword.

But one look at the price and all his fantasies of being a God of fire were shattered.

'I don't think I will be able to buy it this week,' Mike dejectedly thought before looking at the following item description.

'A random body cultivation book that let me reach at least the golden body realm, which is basically the same as the golden core realm cultivators.'

'All in all, it would let me reach Tier 6 easily if I practiced it diligently.'

'Next up, a sword by a master blacksmith with iron from a meteor, a good weapon, but I don't need it right now,' Mike thought as he moved on to the next item on the list.

'MCI VI Infiltrater.'

It was a small spaceship made for a crew of ten and specially designed for infiltration, with its advanced stealth mode, powerful scanners, and a dozen mass destruction weapons.

"It is literally all I want in my spaceship," Mike muttered in excitement.

Unlike the other two items, which were entirely out of his grip, the spaceship can be brought by him in a day or two.

'And I will definitely get it.'

.

After that thought, Mike exchanged 5 points for cash, giving him a grand total of 5 million dollars in his bank account to buy other things needed for the mission.

Yeah, he knows that the exchange rate for the currency is screwed, but since it's in his favor, why would he care.

"Now, let's buy some sweet rides for the land." He opens the website to find where he can buy the best off-road vehicles.

"Hello, is it..."

After doing some research, Mike started to make some calls to quickly buy one Ford F-150 Raptor and one Chevrolet Colorado ZR2, which he was able to get by paying a 20% premium on their actual price.

At the same time, he also brought six off-road bikes from multiple companies just to be prepared for every situation.

In the end, he spends almost half a million dollars or half a point to get some transport before going to a medieval world.

'Thank god, money still runs the world,' Mike thought as half an hour later, he got the notification that all his purchases were confirmed.

Now he just had to go and get his cars and bikes after signing a few papers.

.

'Huh, looks like some of them are online,' Mike saw as he opened the chat.

[Ultimate Meatshield: So, anyone else completed their part?]

[Daddy princess: Dude, it only being five hours since we got the mission. No one can get all the items this quick... Wait, you completed your preparation, didn't you?]

.

(Word Count: 1311)

.

13