Ch12
175 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I have never been to a medieval village, but I don't think it is normal," Mike said as he looked at the village from his binoculars.

The village building was mostly fine except for a broken door or two. The most strange thing about this was the fact that there was no movement in the village in the middle of the day.

Right now, he and other members of the team were standing around a kilometer away from the village.

"Give it to me," Ino said as she took the binoculars to take.

"Bandits!"

"Huh?"

"It's a Bandits attack, and mostly all the villagers must have surrendered," Ino said. "I have seen this kind of sense countless times."

Zatanna looked at her in shock. "What kind of fucked up world is yours?"

"A kind that you wouldn't understand," Ino replied before turning towards the others. "So, are we going or not?"

"I'm in," Zoro immediately said. "It's been some time since I last eradicated a bandit group."

"I'm also," Grey said confidently.

"So, I am," Zatanna said.

"What about you, Mike?" Grey asked. "Hn, where is he?"

"Oi! Why are you all standing there? Get in. We have some bandits to stop," Mike said from the truck, which was out again.

.

(Gray POV)

As we all reached the village gate, I couldn't help but feel a little nervous.

Still, in my defense, it's the first time I am fighting a bandit group. I have gone on numerous missions, but the Master always forbids us (the young members of the guild) from taking missions like those till we are at least 16 years old.

"There is no doubt about it. It's definitely bandits," Ino, our resident self-proclaimed bandits expert, said. "No matter where you go, they always have some similarity in their work, almost like they go to the same school or something."

And I don't know whether to applaud or be horrified that a girl around his age was talking about those things so casually.

But then again, she is from a different world than I am, so her thoughts would be somewhat alien to me.

"Zee, can you use your magic to find them?" The weakest but the most mysterious guy in the group said while taking out his handgun.

'So he has more than one,' I didn't think he would carry more of those things since they are not that strong.

We all had seen one in use when he gifted Ino one as a first-time meeting gift.

And it's not only her that got the gift. Each one of us got something from him.

And I am sure it made all of us feel like insensitive shit since none of us brought anything that could be used as a gift. Well, except for Zoro. He gave him a sake bottle as a return gift for a drink called whiskey.

'And what am I supposed to give in return for this kind of gift?' I thought while briefly looking at the bag on my back, containing my gift, a book with the title 'Ice,' a simple title with knowledge and application about my element I never thought of.

"I found a large group gathered at the south edge of the village, but it looks like some of them are leaving," Zatanna said before opening her eyes with a frown on her face.

Hearing her words, Ino and Zoro immediately get in on the action as they both rush toward the direction Zatanna has pointed out, or in Zoro's case, following behind Ino to not get lost.

Not to be left behind, I rush behind them at my full speed.

Whoomm

Suddenly the sound of an engine came from behind, but it was different from the one his truck makes.

'Must be his bike or something,' I thought before calling on my magical energy to enhance my speed by a notch.

And just like that, in a couple of seconds, all five of them reached the gathering place, and what we saw wasn't pretty.

A few dead bodies were in the middle of the clearing, with two bandits standing over them while forcefully holding the hand of a young girl.

Meanwhile, on one side, twenty or so more armed bandits were standing, mostly with amused looks on their faces.

While on the other side were the rest of the terrified villagers, silently standing, trying to make themselves look as small as they could.

'What the hell?'

"Anyone else wants to try?" The dumb bandit standing over the corpses said as he waved his bloodied sword.

"Hehe, boss, how about we take more than one this time?" The dumber bandit said with a sadistic smile.

The other one looked at the group of terrified villagers while licking his lips. "Hmm, I suppose we can take one more..."

'No, you wouldn't,' I shouted in my mind as I mobilized my magical energy to freeze them, but before I could even unleash the spell, two small black blurs passed by.

Whistles

Thud Thud

Both bandits fell backward with a star-shaped projection logged in their throats.

Before the shock of the death of these two fades away, Zoro rushes toward the bandit group with two of his swords drawn.

Swing Swing

With two simple swings of his swords, Zoro showed what kind of monstrous swordsman he is, as multiple bandits were cut apart by a single swing of his blade.

"WHAT!!!" The remaining bandits reacted poorly as most of them fell on their asses after seeing what happened to fellow members while screaming that they would take the black.

At the same time, the few started to run for their lives without looking back, which turns out to be not a good option, as Ino shoots down anyone that tries to run.

Still, the few bandits that had remained hidden in the tree lines started to fight back by skillfully shooting arrows at all of them, including the villagers, to increase the casualties.

Two arrows were even fired toward us, but Zatanna raised a shield to block them.

At the same time, Mike, who was also shocked by these events, started firing bullets in the direction where the arrow came from.

While I rushed towards the defenseless villagers and raised an ice wall to block the arrows before preparing another spell.

*Bang*

"One down," Mike said in a weighty tone as he batted away an arrow with his spear.

But before I could use it, Mike killed the bandit. Killed! I thought he was from a world where killing was a crime.

I changed my target to the one hiding in the tree as I prepared a simple but harmless takedown spell.

"Two down," Ino's voice rang through the field as she dropped for a tree with a dead body in her hand.

But before I released the spell, Ino took down the hiding bandit in the ruthless manner expected of her.

Still, there is one more left. I can at least contribute to a single capture in this situation.

*Slash*

Nope, Zoro crushed those hopes right there and then when he slashed his sword at the tree.

"Three down," Zoro calmly said as his sword smoothly cut through not only the tree but also the bandit hiding behind it in a single swift swing.

"That was the last one, right?" Mike asked while turning his face toward Zatanna.

"Yeah, I also think it's the last..."

*Whistles*

*Stab*

For a moment, when everyone's guard was down, two arrows swiftly flew past everyone. One was going for Mike's head, while the other was going for Zatanna's head.

I immediately tried to create a block of ice to block the arrows, but I was a tad bit late, as the arrows were faster.

Meanwhile, Zatanna also tried to create a shield but was too shocked to do it in time.

But before the arrow could hit her, a spear strike shattered the arrow as the other one penetrated Mike's head like a hot knife piercing through butter.

"Well...Fuck!" Mike muttered before his conscience went blank, and he dropped on the group.

Wait... What? Did he just die just like that?

Instantly everyone in the group reacted, looking for the person who fired the arrow.

Ino and Zoro had frowns on their faces, while Zatanna, just like myself, was too shocked by this turn of events.

On the side, we could see a bandit desperately running away, but before he could take more than a few steps, a human size ice ball slammed on his side, throwing him away like a ragdoll.

Still, before he could fall to the ground, a multi-color blast of pure energy struck him.

.

(Word Count: 1477)

.

.

If you like my story and want to read up to 10 chapters ahead, then check out my pa treon: https://www.Pat  Reon.com/Hit30

.

If you want you could also join my discord server: https://Dis Cord.gg/XFYKYnvcqr

(Without space)

.

13