Ch13
152 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(3rd POV)
On the side, they could see a bandit desperately running away, but before he could take more than a few steps, a human size ice ball slammed on his side, throwing him away like a ragdoll.
Still, before he could feel on the ground, a multi-color blast of pure energy struck him.
"That is certainly an overkill," Ino said as she slowly walked towards them.
Zatanna looked at her in shock, "Overkill? This guy basically murdered our frie...teammate."
Zoro calmly reached Mike's supposed dead body and, in a swift motion, ripped out the arrow from his head.
Immediately the wound healed like he was never injured.
"Oi, wake up. They are worrying about you," Zoro said as he lightly kicked his body.
Hearing his words, Mike opened his eyes and said, "All right, all right, I am up."
After getting up, Mike looked around before asking in a chilled tone, "So, where is that fucker? I always want to see what would happen if I put a bullet in someone's asshole."
"They will bleed; what else, asshole," Zoro calmly replied.
Meanwhile, everyone else cringes at the mental image of a grown-up man getting shot in the ass repeatedly.
"There is no need for that, Mike," Ino said. "He is already dead."
"Dead?" Mike asked, "Who killed him, you or Zoro? And please tell me you at least make it painful."
Meanwhile, Zatanna and Gray paled as they heard that they had killed someone in a rage.
'No, he was already dead before my blast hit him. Yes, I didn't kill him. I just destroyed the dead body, nothing much.' Zatanna thought righteously.
At the same time, Gray was also thinking about the same thing but with a twist.
'No, I didn't kill him. My attack would have just given him a concussion or broken bones, but they would not be enough to kill him. I didn't put enough magic in it to be lethal.'
.
"No, it was Gray and Zatanna," Zoro said while using the cloth to clean the blood from his blade.
"They? They killed someone?" Mike asks in mild shock.
He can't wrap his mind around the fact that Zatanna and Gray, the two advocates of the non-kill policy, killed someone is baffling.
"Yeah, Gray fired a human size ice ball at your attacker in rage," Ino chirped before turning her face toward the shell-shocked Gray. "But only 4 points out of ten. You should use something pointy next time."
"Still, I didn't kill him," Gray said in a severe tone.
"Yes, you didn't kill him. You left him in a state worse than death," Ino said. "All his bones were broken, along with many other injuries. Those were the least I could see before Zee gave him a swift death by blasting him apart with a magic blast."
After giving him a reality check, Ino turned her face toward Zatanna and said, "By the way, 8 points out of ten. Two points less since rainbow death blast doesn't sound badass."
Before turning her face back to Gray, "So, yeah, he would have lived, but then he would have prayed for death every day."
"So in the end, you both killed him, end of the story," Ino said while both Gray and Zatanna looked ashamed of what they did in their rage.
After she finished speaking, Mike slowly turned his face toward Zoro and softly said, "I thought you would be the one to avenge me, my drunken friend."
Zoro snorted, "Why should I when you were still alive? You should be the one to take your 'revenge,' not me."
"Yeah, fair enough," Mike said with shrugs. "So what are we going to do about these villagers? Because right now, some of them are only looking at us with fear and hostility?"
"It must be religion," Zatanna softly said. "They are thinking of us as something unnatural and revolting against their religious teachings."
"Then we just have to remove that."
"No, you can't just kill all of them," Zatanna said.
"So, we can kill some of them, right?" Ino asked with a half smile.
"What? No, I never said that?" Zatanna replied.
"Alright, stop teasing her, Ino." Mike said, "And Zee, can't you just make them think that all this was a lucid dream?"
"There are more than sixty people here, Mike. I can't just make all of them think that. I'm powerful and experienced enough to do so." Zatanna replied with a frown.
"Then we just have to try another way," Mike said before calmly walking toward the group of villagers.
Almost all the villagers visibly flinched when they saw him walking toward them.
And while they all were afraid of the whole group, what they were most fearful of was him.
They all saw him kill bandits from afar, take an arrow in the head, die then come back to life immediately.
"Yeah, I know you all are afraid of us, and I understand that. Your village gets raided by the bandits, and some of your friends die." Mike softly said, "Then suddenly, we came along and killed them in such an unusual manner. So understand you all are afraid. Hell, even if I would be fearful of such a group if I was in your place, you should also know that we are not here to harm you."
"We just want some information, then we would be on our merry way."
One of the brave villagers stepped forward, "S-so you a-are not going to k-kill us?"
"Why would I? It would be a waste of my effort if I killed you all after saving you all, right?" Mike calmly said, not knowing how his words sounded to them.
'You all are insects, and I can kill you whenever I want, and there is nothing you can do about it, so you better not annoy me further.'
The villagers fearfully nodded.
"Good, then my friend Zatanna will take you all under oath that you all will never tell anyone about us, okay?" Mike said in a calm manner.
Mike then walked toward Zatanna and whispered, "Zee, you know about the magic oath, right?" She nodded, "Can you do it?"
"I can, but I can't bind all of them at once. I told you before I don't have a reserve to do that."
"Shit! Then we just have to improvise."
"I hope your idea of improvising doesn't have anything to do with killing them."
"Don't worry, just do what I say," Mike said before he started to tell her about the idea he came up with.
"It's good, but any magician worth his salt will see through it."
"And we are talking about these people here. Not magicians, just some dumb villagers we have to con."
After saying that, Mike turns around and moves toward the villagers, with Zatattan closely following.
"And just so you know, it is a divine oath that will kill anyone that breaks it, and even after death, you will not find peace and your God if you break the oath."
"Zatanna, do your magic."
Zatanna nodded as she closed her eyes and muttered a few words before the wind started blowing faster. The sky darkened, and a golden chain came from the sky and bound on the body of each and every villager.
Each and every villager started to kneel as if praying to the sky.
Meanwhile, outside the illusion, Mike and Zatanna both smiled as their plan worked perfectly, while the villagers' knees while looking at the sky.
"So, they will not be telling anyone about it, right?" Ino asked as she appeared behind him.
"No, they won't."
"Good, then now all that is left is to find out where we are and find out where our target is hiding."
"Don't worry about that. I only need a day or two to gather all the points. Then we will travel to the heart of the seven kingdoms to get some help." Mike said while looking at the kneeling villagers.
"Do you think anyone there will help us?" Gray asked with a frown.
"Oh, they will, they will."
.
(Word Count: 1384)

.

*** A Big Thanks You To William gillettte for becoming a Patron***

*** A Big Thanks You To Smoking_ash12 for becoming a Patron***

.

If you like my story and want to read up to 10 chapters ahead, then check out my pa treon: https://www.Pat  Reon.com/Hit30

.

If you want you could also join my discord server: https://Dis Cord.gg/XFYKYnvcqr

(Without space)

.

11