My Movie Queen: Chapter 61
169 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Why did you hang up?" asked Yanna.

"I don't want to hear anything about them for a while," Vanessa responded, then she received a call from Clide again.

Yanna picked it up. Although she understands Vanessa's concern, Clide is just informing her without knowing anything, so she plans to talk to him. She didn't put it on speaker so Vanessa won't be irritated.

"Hello?" Yanna was the first one to talk, which left Clide speechless.

"Who is this?" Clide asked.

Yanna wants to say that she's Vanessa's friend, but she suddenly feels uncomfortable. Thinking of Clide's character in the book and how Vanessa trusts him, she changes her words, "I'm her girlfriend."

These words shock Clide and even Vanessa. Vanessa meets Yanna's eyes, and she is at a loss for a moment because Yanna always says she wants to hide their relationship, but now she didn't hesitate to say it to Clide.

"Oh... ahem... so you two... together since last night?" Clide asked, feeling complicated.

"Yeah," Yanna answered.

"Oh... I see... are you Yanna?" Clide asked again.

"Yes," Yanna responded.

"How's Vanessa? Everyone is worried."

"She's okay, don't worry. For the meantime, don't talk to her about her parents and especially Oliver, or I'll get jealous," Yanna says, looking outside and feeling embarrassed. She's not the jealous type of person, but this will help avoid Clide bringing up dangerous topics when he talks to Vanessa.

Vanessa squinted her eyes at Yanna. She knew Yanna was not the jealous type, but hearing her mention something piqued Vanessa's curiosity. "Put it on loudspeaker," she said.

Yanna hesitated, then put it on loudspeaker.

"What do you want to say?" Vanessa asked.

This time, Clide decided not to talk about family matters and hesitated to discuss the investigation. "Is it okay to talk about the investigation?" he asked.

"Yeah, I already told Yanna about it anyway," Vanessa replied.

"Alright, Maya says they have already found out who is responsible and they also managed to gather evidence. With this, everything about Yanna will be cleared up," Clide explained.

"So fast?" Vanessa exclaimed with disbelief.

"Yeah, they said since everything is available, their investigation has become faster. Do you plan to release it now?" Clide inquired.

Vanessa looked at Yanna, signaling for her to make the decision. "What do you think?"

"Just hold on for a while. I plan to return to acting. We will use the evidence when the right time comes. Whoever is behind my bad rumors definitely doesn't want to see me in the spotlight again, so he or she will undoubtedly resurface once they see me making a comeback," Yanna stated confidently.

"Isn't it better to clear your name first?" Clide asked.

"No, we need to make a big impact and get to the root of the issue. At the same time, we can use it to promote myself. Although it's negative, it can still be used as free promotion for myself. When it's fermented, that's the moment to act," Yanna said, referring to her manager's past effective strategies to gain attention.

"So, you're going to use yourself as bait?" Vanessa asked.

"Yes. By the way, who is it?" Yanna inquired.

"It's Set and her manager. Set is a male Alpha who joined the company at the same time as you did. Initially, he had a lot of resources, but when you transitioned from singing to acting, he received fewer resources as more attention and resources were directed towards you. He comes from a wealthy family, so he used his power to suppress you. He also made deals with your previous manager and formed connections with higher-ups, making it difficult for anyone to support you. We also found out that he entered into a relationship with the boss of your previous company, so everything went in his favor," Clide explained, leaving Vanessa and Yanna feeling disgusted.

"A relationship with the boss? But he's an Alpha, right?" Yanna asked, confused.

"Well, yes, but the boss of your previous company is someone who doesn't mind gender," Clide stated, feeling disgusted as well, as he showed those pictures

"Disgusting!" Vanessa says coldly.

"Calm down, we will clean them up later," Yanna says, thinking about how the original owner suffers because of them. The warmth she exudes fades, even if she's smiling.

Vanessa looks at Yanna and sees the danger in her eyes. Yanna looks dangerous right now, but it only adds to her beauty, like a beautiful red rose full of thorns. Vanessa can't help but fall for her again and again.

' As expected of the person I love, she knows when to retreat and advance ' Vanessa says to herself, feeling proud.

"That's it, let's wait for Yanna's comeback before we make a move. By the way, inform Maya that we are going to visit them this week," Vanessa says to Clide, then she stops the car and looks at the supermarket

7