My Movie Queen: Chapter 68
76 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yanna arrived at the set where Vanessa was shooting her new project. She talked to the security guard just in time to meet Vanessa's assistant, who led her to Vanessa's dressing room. Yanna looked at the assistant and introduced herself while waiting for Vanessa.

"Hi, I'm Cassy," Yanna smiled.

"I'm Eunice," she replied.

Then silence fell. Yanna didn't know what to do, so she looked around and put her bag on the sofa. She thought about what an assistant should do and remembered what her previous assistant had done for her. After some thought, she spoke to Eunice again.

"Should we go to where Ms. Rodriguez is?" Yanna asked.

"Okay, please follow me," Eunice replied.

Yanna felt weird as Eunice treated her more like a guest than an assistant. She coughed before speaking, as she followed Eunice.

"I'm Ms. Rodriguez's new assistant, not her guest," Yanna clarified.

"I know, but Ms. Vanessa asked me to take care of you and do what you say," Eunice explained, feeling complicated deep inside.

"Haha... is that so?" Yanna felt awkward. Where had she seen an assistant who needed to be taken care of? Thinking about this, Yanna continued.

"Actually, we kinda know each other. I asked her for help to find a job, so she offered me this part-time job for experience. So I hope you can treat me like a junior. After all, I still have a lot to learn."

Eunice listened carefully and accepted Cassy's explanation. She was actually afraid that Cassy might be a close friend of Vanessa's, and if she made a mistake, it would be reported or something.

"I'm actually the same. Someone referred me to Ms. Vanessa, so I got this job. Ms. Vanessa may seem indifferent, but the truth is she's really a warm person. She cares about people but won't let anyone know. So I hope you can also work harder. You won't regret it," Eunice said. 

Yanna couldn't help but smile as she listened because she knew how good Vanessa is.

"Don't worry, I will treat her well," Yanna said from the bottom of her heart. Eunice nodded, and they watched Vanessa having her scene.

Yanna went to the director's side, silently watching Vanessa. She knew how amazing Vanessa was as an actress, but seeing her perform in person made her even more excited. Vanessa deserved her title as a Movie Queen, and Yanna wondered how it would feel to work with her. Yanna watched intently until the director called "cut."

The director noticed Yanna before calling "cut," but because he needed to focus, he didn't talk. "Excuse me, who are you?" the director asked.

 Yanna felt embarrassed, but she didn't show it.

"Sorry for being rude, sir. I'm Cassy, Ms. Rodriguez's new assistant," Yanna replied.

"Oh, good," the director said. He didn't bother asking further questions. If it was related to Vanessa, then everything was okay.

"Thank you, director. I'll leave first," Yanna said. She went to Vanessa with a cold bottled water in her hand.

Vanessa looked at Yanna, who was wearing a short brown hair wig, brown contact lenses, with lots of piercings on her ears, and thick makeup on her face. But it still looked good on her. With Yanna's current appearance, everyone might think she's difficult to deal with.

When Yanna was just a few steps away from Vanessa, she acted as Cassy the assistant, with an attitude consistent with her looks and the character she wanted to portray.

"Hi, I'm Cassy, your new assistant. Please have a drink first," Yanna said simply, without excitement or a smile on her face, only with a stern expression. 

Eunice didn't understand why Cassy had become different, so she looked at Vanessa, but didn't see any reaction. This meant that Cassy's attitude was always like this, and Eunice scratched her head, feeling lost.

"Thank you," Vanessa said indifferently and took the bottle from Yanna's hand, intentionally touching Yanna's hand. Yanna and Vanessa had a brief eye contact, but that short moment was enough for them to understand what each other felt at that moment. Eunice didn't notice anything between the two and just carefully held a mini fan for Vanessa.

Vanessa only had a 10-minutes break before getting back to the scene. Yanna still watched with gusto and would serve Vanessa during every break with some skin contact from time to time, but both acted as if nothing was happening. The play ended in the evening, and as everyone went back to the hotel, Vanessa asked Eunice to go rest first, leaving her and Yanna to go back to Vanessa's hotel room together.

6