Chapter 15: Level up…
152 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The man, whose name was Jougo, offered to build him a mechanical sword that could do a couple of things after hearing he wanted a sword that could kill monsters.

Dean hesitated only for a moment before he denied it. Not just because it'll cost more, but because he feels like it'll affect his foundation when he actually starts to learn the way of the sword.

"Alright, We'll notify you when it's ready; usually it'll only take 2 days or less, but ever since the monster attack yesterday, we've got tons of orders, so it might get delayed a bit unless you want to put it on your priority list."

Dean smiled bitterly, as putting it on the priority list will probably cost more money. Anyway, he wasn't that in a hurry.

After that, Dean left the workshop after paying the deposit. In fact, he could have gotten a sword at this very instant, but he doubted its quality and wanted something a bit better than average.

‘Let's see, it'll take at least 2 days before I get the sword; should I prepare my superhero costume then? '

Last he checked, next week the hero association will conduct another assessment. He still has a week to get his stats high and decide on his costume.

Superhero costume, or suit… just thinking about his suit made the geek inside him rose. Frankly, he was excited, and he already had a rough idea what his suit will look like. He didn’t want those tight superhero suit that most heroes in comic books wore.

His idea was related to a certain game, and he thought it’ll fit well with his word.

For now...

He decided to visit the ghost town.

At this point, he had treated Ghost Town as some sort of dungeon he needed to conquer. So after some extra bullets for his pistol, he headed towards the ghost town where mysterious beings supposedly lived with only his machete and pistol.

_____________________

"Here, you won't be disappointed."

Dean saw the obsidian-colored long sword placed in front of him. It had a total length of 110cm, and its entire handle was black in color with small silver patterning on it. It’s guard was straight yet menacing.

Picking it up, he immediately felt the balance, and it was very light. Probably because of his enhanced strength.

He swung it around and touched the edge of the sword. Immediately, a cut happened on his finger.

"Careful, we pride ourselves on that sword's sharpness."

"It would seem so" After swinging it for a bit Dean grabbed the scabbard beside where the sword was placed.

It was a fine work, gray in color with a dragon carved slithering all over the scabbard.

Dean then tested it to see if what he requested worked. He strapped the scabbard to his back. The scabbard has three straps that wrap around his chest, and because of them, he felt it wasn't uncomfortable to move around with it.

Then, with the sword in hand, he carefully tried to sheathe it in the scabbard strapped to his back. Just as he thought he needed a couple of tries to put the blade on the scabbard, He felt something pulling the sword, and he instinctively pushed the sword down and let go.

Turning and moving his body around, he knew the sword had been sheathed, He couldn’t help but put on a small flash of surprise on his face.

"Like it? I don't know if you’re legit or not, but when my son heard you were an aspiring hero, he added that function. There's a small magnetic function in the scabbard that makes it easier for you to sheathe it. And as long as you take care of it adequately, the scabbard also has a way to keep the sharpness of the blade maintained, so you don't have to tinker with it on your own."

"Thank you.."

"Tsk… Are you planning to get the assessment this coming Sunday?"

"I will," Dean answered.

Jougo looked at him in the eye for a second, and just as Dean was about to be confused, he said, "In the minuscule chances that you passed the exam, as long as it isn't completely destroyed, come back here and I'll try to fix the sword for you... as long as this shop is still open."

Dean felt a bit touched and once again thanked the man.

“Yeah Yeah, There’s been a lot of monster attacks lately, I hope you put her to good use and use her to keep the peace in the city." Jougo shrugged and then continued, "Well, if there's nothing else, I'm going to go back to work."

"Wait..." Dean said and continued, "Do you deal with..."

Dean paused as he was embarrassed but asked anyway, "Customized, protective suit of sorts?"

Jougo raised his eyebrows and simply responded, "We don't."

"Oh, well, in that case..." but he got cut off as Jougo continued and said...

"But I know who does. Wait, I'm giving you her number."

Without waiting for Dean to say something, soon Jougo came back with a small paper...

"She mostly deals with bulletproof armor used by the police, but I hear she's into fashion nowadays."

Dean took it and saw the number: "Thank you for this."

Jougo didn't respond; he simply waved his hands and went on his way to work.

Dean got out of the workshop while holding his sword. Eager to test it out.

It was currently Monday, and while the weekend wasn't as exciting as what happened during the sea folk attack, he still faced a fair bit of trouble.

He touched the side of his stomach where it got cut by a monster yesterday. Unexpectedly, as he was jogging in the morning of Sunday near the park, he heard screaming and panicking.

Being an aspiring hero, he naturally checked it out, only to find a basketball-sized mantis. Seeing such a small monster, he thought it was pretty easy to kill until it showed its speed and nearly cut him in half as he barely managed to dodge.

Although he did manage to kill the monster, it reminded him that appearances can be deceiving in this world.

As for the cut on the side of his stomach, it was mostly okay and bandaged by now; it would have needed stitches if the cut was any deeper. It was also thanks to his high constitution.

Dean Reiji

Level 5:

Str:6.88

Dex: 7.9

Cons: 10.01

Points:2

Exp: 02/160

Comment for any grammatical errors or misspellings, Thank you!

12