Chapter 16: Speed and a chase…
148 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

His status has changed greatly even since he woke up in this world. His physique can already reach the Olympic level; it was even a bit better. Well, on his previous life’s Earth standard anyway, top athletes in this world were basically superhuman. However, it had not even been a week since he came to this world so he was quite satisfied with the result.

He wasn’t proud, though, because aside from the fact that he was still far from being considered superhuman, he achieved it all because of the system.

Still, knowing you’ve progressed and become stronger was a great feeling. No wonder some people get addicted. It felt like you were becoming freer. Of course, his speed of becoming stronger isn't as fast as Garou, that guy took such a short time to reach the strength of dragon class to above that.

He had saved the two points in case he faced a monster that either needed strength or speed to beat, so he could adjust pretty easily. It could also be considered extra life if used on his constitution.

‘Now... I hope I can find something in the ghost town.’

Dean thought as he jogged all the way to the ghost town as he was eager to try out his sword. Unfortunately, on the weekends, he had only encountered two monsters: one was that mantis monster that gave him 6 exp, and the other was what he encountered in the ghost town. Giving him 7 exp.

Overall, he had only encountered two monsters in the ghost town so far.

‘Well, that also means I avoided putting myself in harm.’

He always made sure to stay hidden and cautious when exploring the area. It was a common conception that both monsters and humans avoid Z City Ghost Town, but he knew it was because Saitama lived on the surface while underneath, a growing hidden force was silently accumulating strength.

Dean was lost in thought as he kept jogging. Even though the distance to get to Ghost Town was probably more than a few tens of kilometers, he considered it a training exercise.

More than ten minutes later...

WeeWeeeee

He suddenly heard the blaring sound of the siren. Up to some distance and going in his direction, was what seemed like a car chase, in front a hammer-like armored vehicle, and behind it were police cars.

It was about to pass by him. Seeing this, he thought ‘Should I help them? They're not monsters, though, and I can't just kill humans.’

As he had that though, the vehicles passed by him, and his body almost instinctively turned around and chased after that vehicle!

‘Being a hero isn't just killing monsters; it's also stopping criminals!’ Dean thought loudly.

He sprinted as he followed after the crook's vehicle.

"Excuse me!"

"Woah!"

"Pardoned me!" 

"Hyahh!"

Dean dashed near the edge of the sidewalk to avoid hitting people. The wind was against his body as he managed to keep up with the vehicles that were driving fast.

Although he already knew this, such speed was just exhilarating.

‘I can easily leave Usain Bolt in the dust!’ He had calculated his speed, Every 1 point of dexterity increased his speed by about 12km/h! and at 7.9 his running speed was at least very close to 90km/h!

Of course, it wasn't enough to match the maximum speed of an average vehicle but in this crowded road, they wouldn't be able to go on full speed without crashing unto another car.

Feeling the wind against his face, he couldn’t help but put on a smile at his speed.

Of course, compared to the speedsters of this world, he could only be considered slow as a snail.

"!"

Someone suddenly fired at the cop’s vehicle, and the cops hurriedly attempted to drive away..

The object hit the ground and then...

Bog!

An explosion occurred, disrupting the cop’s vehicle as they turned chaotic and hit the sides.

"Gyahhhh!"

"Run!"

"Help!! Arrgh!"

Panic and screaming occurred as Dean kept chasing after the vehicle; right now, no one other than him was chasing it.

He was still keeping a good pace with the vehicle as he wondered what he could do to stop it.

"Hmm? That's it!"

He noticed the vehicle had slowed down a bit as it prepared to take a left turn.

Dean grabbed his sword, which he managed to strap to his back along the way, and unsheathed it. With a normal scabbard, it was simply impossible to unsheathed it while it was strapped to his back, especially with how long it was.

With calm breathing, he held the sword with both hands, then... Gritting his teeth..Dean increased his speed! Intending to catch up to the vehicle before they turned to left.

__________

"Come on, we've got to change cars fast!"

"I’m on it!"

"Hey, drive better."

“Hahahaha, those fools! Did you see what happened?"

People inside the vehicle are all wearing black masks. One of the bigger men sitting on the passenger seat said...

"We're close; as long as we don't screw this up, we're fine."

"Ehh..." One of the guys in the backseat seating by the window said something. They all turned their heads toward him.

"That guy seems to be following us."

"Is it a hero?"

"I don't think so."

The large man, because of his position, couldn't see the person chasing them, so he simply just said,

"Prop out of the window and shoot him."

But the driver suddenly said, "I’m coming up on the intersection; I’m turning left. Hold on!"

"Shit! I don't want the car to flip around." One of them in the backseat complained while finding something to hold on to.

Drifting at such speeds, especially where there are other running vehicles around, was dangerous.

"Relax! I got this!"

"Ahhh guys?" Just as the car drifted and headed to the left, the guy by the window suddenly said something. He saw a person wearing a red tracksuit catch up to them and swung what seemed like a black sword at the back of their vehicle.

'No... its tires!'

“Guys, guys, Guys!"He hurriedly called his companions, but it was too late.

"What are you-?"

The person sitting next to him didn't get to finish his words when...

"Ugh!?"

"Hup!?

"Wha!?"

There is one thing I think I always wanted to show and point out if I'm writing with an mc that has the ability to see his stats, was that to have a clear or at least have an idea how much did his character's physical ability really increase.

Comment for any grammatical errors and misspellings, Thank you!

11