Chapter 17: One after the other…
213 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

 I will be taking a week long break as I have some matters I need to deal with.

Thank you for your understanding!

Dean saw the tire explode as the car turned unsteadily and its rear hit scratched against the ground creating sparks.

"Watch out!"

Dean shouted to the people on the side as it looked like the vehicle was going to flip, and it did.

It rolled to the side, hitting a car, before eventually stopping when it hit a van.

Dean heaved a sigh of relief. Seeing as there were no casualties...well, except for the people in the car, but seeing as he didn't get any exp notifications, they shouldn't be dead. Granted, he had never killed a human before, so he didn't exactly know if he could get experience from them.

"This thing is really sharp.”

He mumbled, holding the sword in his hand. When he swung his sword towards the vehicle, not only did it easily slice open the tires, but it also sliced part of the rear of the vehicle. Of course, his strength played a part as well.

Hoink!

He snapped out of his reverie when a car honked at him.

“Hey, out of the way. Shit, What fuck happened??" The driver propped himself out of the window and said the former to Dean and the latter to the flip car on the front side.

“Oh, sorry, hahah," Dean apologized as he was standing in the middle of the road.

Dean walked to the sidewalk and thought about checking the people in the vehicle, but that's when he heard the sirens of the police again.

'I'll just leave it to them.’

With that, Dean jogged and went back on his way to the ghost town.

___________________

"Sigh... nothing again," Dean said as he leaned against some abandoned generators and looked below. He was currently on the roof of a 5-story abandoned hotel building, looking down on everything from above.

Dean rolled up his sleeves and checked the time.

"4:23 pm"

Hours have passed since the vehicle incident, and he has not encountered or found any monster so far. He even skipped lunch.

"At this point, it'll be hard to level up before the assessment comes," He mumbled.

He stared at his exp.

Exp: 02/160

He's going to need to kill more than a dozen wolf-level monsters or a few tiger-level monsters to level up. And from the looks of it, Each time he levels up, the required experience doubles. This means that to reach level 10, he's going to need close to 10,000 exp.

How many wolf-level monsters does he have to kill to reach that level? Tons. However, if it continues to double, then, approximately, he needed to get millions points of exp to reach level 20.

The only solace was that each time he levels up, he gets six allotment points per level. Which means that by level 10, each of his stats should average 20. Or at least close to it.

Dean grabbed something from his rear pocket, unfolded it, and placed it on the ground. It was a map.

"Since I explored this place, By tomorrow, I need to get here," he mumbled as he contemplated his position and where he was going to make camp. He wasn't going to blindly walk on the ground, he planned to just find a high ground and observe his surroundings like what he had been doing.

If he noticed a monster and it seemed weak, he could try and kill it. Otherwise, he’ll keep his distance.

When it was about to turn 5, Dean stood up and prepared to call it a day.

"Hmm?"

He suddenly spotted, in the distance, movement. He immediately ducked down behind a column, Peeking his head out slightly, he tried to figure out what caused the movements.

Increased constitution didn't only improve his regenerative ability and stamina; it just basically improved the state of his body and thus his eyes turned sharper too. At least, that’s what he believes.

Up to some distance... In some buildings, He saw a simple white van pull up to a building before it stopped. The driver must have gotten out; however, because of the angle, he didn't see the driver; he just saw some bags of what seemed like trash being thrown.

‘A van? How did it get in? There must be some entrance in the fence somewhere…’

Dean narrowed his eyes seeing this, and then the being appeared.

It had a humanoid shape; Dean couldn't see its front, only its sides. It had a green hoddie and black pants.

He would have thought of 'him' as human, but... Dean focused and saw that a strange-looking green tail was attached to it’s rear. It moved like it was a worm. Moreover, it even grabbed some of the bags and lifted them as if they were arms.

'A humanoid monster...' 

Dean has seen plenty of humanoids or people who had just partially turned into monsters in the anime, so he wasn't surprised to see them, however...

Putting aside how strong it is... ‘Can I even kill it? '

Although the chances are high that this guy has turned into a monster, killing something that was once human or part human is a different matter than just killing an ordinary monster.

However what he experienced these last few days made him more open to killing a monster so it was just a small problem, he the  saw the monster oven in the back of its van and took 'something' out.

At first, Dean couldn't see what it was when the assumed monster lifted his shoulders and brought it out, and Dean saw the face of a blonde-haired woman with a duck taped to her mouth.

'Aw hell! '

Dean memorized the place where the being was and promptly stood up and left the building.

Buy me a coffee? Better yet by me a laptop! Hahah It's hard to write a novel on a phone you know! https://ko-fi.com/nolifenoname

 Anyways, comment for any grammatical errors and misspellings, thank you!

 

 

10