Chapter 20: Struggle!
200 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Haah...haah..." The blonde woman ran with determination.

‘I've got to ask for help. That monster destroyed my phone though! ' She thought of the guy who helped her and wanted to do the same.

As she ran past an alleyway. Something moved inside some trash bag on the side.


The mysterious being formed a tentacle-like limb about the size of his thigh from its slimy body and tried to stab Dean with it.

Dean immediately swiped his sword toward it.

His sword met its tentacle, and just as he was expecting he could easily slice it, he felt resistance!

The mysterious being had hardened its limb to avoid it being it cut off! However, The sharpness of the sword and his strength couldn't be underestimated; he still managed to dig deeply in its slime limb.

The monster was surprised to see this and it hurriedly pulled back its limb and, using its advantage of being in the ceiling, circled above Dean, intending to take advantage of his situation as it formed another tentacle-like limb and attack him!

Dean, with his back against it, swung his sword again as he lowered his body.

Because of the angle, however, he had a hard time adjusting his sword path, but the monster didn't have those restrictions as it slithered and dodged his sword as Dean tried to lean to the right to doge.

He felt something cold brush past his stomach and rip his tracksuit.

"Hehehehehe, there's no escape rat. There is only despair!"

The monster spoke with an excited and amusing tone.

Dean was unflinching as he tried to swing his sword, intending to chop the limb that was about to wrap around his body.

Swiss!

His sword met the air as the limb hurriedly dodged.

"Hehehehehe"

The monster mocked him for his failed attempt. The monster then 'played' with its prey as it kept attacking and harassing Dean.

Dean could only passively defend himself as he tried to adjust his body using minimal movement to dodge its attack.

Soon, Dean had panted a bit as sweat trickled down his face. He had a bruise on his left cheek, his tracksuit had now been ripped, and his body is battered.

He looked at the monster above him.

"Tsk. You're no fun at all; at least scream in terror."

Dean didn't say anything, as he only looked at the monster's ‘eyeballs.’ The mysterious being has completely thrown or ripped apart its clothes and now it looks like a giant sneezed at the ceiling. He chuckled at the thought, trying to raise his spirit.

"Tsk tsk. You're no fun; at least that woman was amusing. Hehehe. Soon she'll be back and I'll get to hear her scream."

Dean frowned at this but still didn't say anything. The monster didn't mind this look as it kept yapping on.

"Yess... Before, back when I was still a human being, Pui! What a disgusting and weak being I was before!"

The monster said with a scoffing tone, as if back when it was still human was the greatest sin of all.

"Even before, as society branded me ugly, perverted, and most of all, slimy, I wanted to torture people. Alas, society has constantly beaten me down until one day...."

As the monster kept chattering about its former life, a thought flashed through Dean's mind.

'Is every human that becomes a monster's hobby to tell their stories?? ' Dean thought so because, in the anime, it was the same too.

"And so there I was, swearing to take revenge! To show my magnificence on this world!"

Bang!

However, the villain wasn't able to finish his monologue as the sound of a gunshot sounded in the area.

And it wasn't Dean who shot the gun.

Hearing the gunshot from the distance, Dean smirked and said something to the 'bewildered' monster.

"You think I’d just barge here alone??"

Just before he got to this place, Dean promptly called the police and told about the situation, and the gunshot he fired, other than to shoot the monster, was to attract them to this place!

He wasn’t blind by his pride that he could do this alone.


"What the fuck is that?"

"The hell?!"

"Shit, Just shoot it!"

Two police officers hustled and tussled with a small slime monster in the shape of a sphere.

It tried to attach itself to one of the officers, but the office hurriedly retreated back.

"Hell!"

"Fuck bullets, they aren't working at all!"

The woman, at this point, had grabbed something and hurled it towards the slime monster, but it didn't do anything as it once again tried to attach itself to any one of them.


"Is that so? Well then, I'm done playing with you."

Just as it said, the monster's splattered body on the ceiling gathered itself up from the center.

Dean watched this with a dark face. And like a drop of water, the being dropped itself off the ceiling and into the ground.

"I'll tell you what I'm going to do to you. I'm going to take over your body, and I'm going to approach the woman with your body and watch in despair as I take her away!"

With each word, the monster spoke louder; however, he wouldn't let it finish, he silently added another point to his strength, with clenched teeth,…

“Hup!”

He pulled his leg up, and a crack immediately appeared on the hardened trap!

And before the monster could react…

Dean burst out of the trap with strength and swung his sword at the monster, showing speed and dexterity he hadn't shown before.

Swish!

Like butter, the sword easily sliced the monster into two!

"Erh?" The monster could only mutter, but Dean didn't stop as he crazily swung his sword at it. During the hours he had spent observing the area and looking for monsters, Dean watched videos about how to properly hold a sword, but as if he hadn't watched a single bit of it, he swung his sword crazily like a bat.

The monster's slimy body got continuously sliced off and splattered around. After venting, Dean momentarily stopped and observed the state of the monster.

"Hehe, you surprised me..."

The monster, with its body splattered all around, 'spoke' as each part squirmed.

This time, Dean's face turned grim.

This was supposed to be like a short episode, like 2-3 chapters but somehow it became longer than it should... Meh~ I don't know if my pacing is slow or fast. What do you think?

Support me here at: https://ko-fi.com/nolifenoname

 Anyways, comment for any grammatical errors and misspellings, thank you!

6