Chapter 19: Battle!
142 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He immediately turned wary. If this was the place where the mysterious being placed the woman, then where is it?

And since he didn't see it exit through the front of the building, either it could exit through the backdoor or it was on the other upper floors.

There was actually one theory that scratched the back of his head... that is...

The mysterious being has been with him this entire time!

Having seen enough horror movies, this was definitely a possibility.

He once again scanned his surroundings, flashing the room, but thankfully he didn't find anything unusual.

'Maybe I’m just overthinking it? '

He shook his head as he turned his attention back to the lock. Examining it, he wouldn't be able to open it even with his increased strength.

'The keys are likely on the mysterious being, but I can't find that being.

Any attempt at trying to open it will cause noise and attract that being. Dean then smirked, 'Wasn't that what I wanted? Besides, if the woman is really inside, then it was better for me to get to her first rather than the enemy using her as a hostage.' 

The only problem was the strength of the mysterious being; if the being turned out to be stronger than he thought, then he could only hope to run and escape.

‘Let's hope my luck isn't bad’, Dean thought as he moved his body and very carefully moved the shelves and pushed them to the walls to create an open space. If the room turned into a battlefield, the more open it was, the more beneficial it was to him.

Soon after, the storage room showed an open space. Dean made sure the back door for the storage room was easily accessible too.

Then finally, Dean positioned himself in such a way that the bullet wouldn't go through the door and hit anyone inside.

He pointed his gun at the lock while thinking warily of his surroundings. Then, without hesitation, He pulled the trigger.

Bang!

A spark of light occurred when the bullet hit the lock.

Thud. 

The broken lock fell to the ground with a thud, and Dean hurriedly, without a pause, tried to open the door.

The door opened inwardly, and as it opened, a small amount of light entered it, and the first thing he saw was the silhouette of a person on the ground.

 "Hmmp!"

He heard the person on the ground make a muffled sound. Dean immediately shone the flashlight at the room, and he saw a blonde-haired woman with blue-shaking-eyes lying on the ground all tied up.

"Shit... Calm down, I’m here to help."

Dean kneeled down as he tried to comfort her and took the duct tape off her face. The woman made a face as she kept making muffled sounds as he gave him a look.

"Hmm! Hmn!"

"Don’t worry, you’ll be-" Just as Dean was about to take the duct tape off, he realized what that look the woman was giving as he immediately turned around and pointed his gun forward.

Bang!

He shot whatever it was in the darkness, and the brief flash made him glimpse a mysterious silhoute hanging from the ceiling!

Almost instinctively, he turned around and immediately lifted the woman, which he placed on his shoulders, while with his free hand, he pointed it at the darkness where he had seen the silhouette go.

Bang!

In the middle of escaping the room, he fired again, and this time he had seen what the mysterious being looked like.

It still had clothes, or at least what remains of them; the entire body looks like it was made of goo or an elastic material, and it stuck to the ceiling like a cobweb.

"Hehehehehehe"

The mysterious being launched an attack as the flash of bang subsided, and Dean didn’t stay any longer as he bolted out of the room!

Carrying the woman on his shoulder, he bolted out of the employee room and to the grocery area. He ran through the fallen shelves, that’s when his foot landed on something squishy beneath some destroyed wood, and suddenly, the squishy substance wrapped around his foot!

"Oh fuck!"

Dean tried to get his foot out, but the gooey substance stuck to his shoes. Just as he was about to discard his shoes, the goey substance suddenly moved and wrapped around his leg!

He then felt it, hardening!

"Shit!"

Dean knew he didn’t have much time, So he immediately made a decision. He put the woman down gently on the open ground, and with strength, he ripped the duct tape from her hands and feet.

Dean then pulled the duct tape over her face and said, "Go and run.” Oddly, he felt she was a bit familiar.

Immediately, as soon as the woman was able to speak, she said, "What about you?"

Dean simply smiled and grabbed the sword from his back and brought it to his front and said…

"Don’t worry about me; I’m… an aspiring hero.”

As the words left his mouth, the mysterious being slowly got out of the employer's room, as if it weren’t worried that its prey could run.

"Go!" Dean turned to face the being as she urged the woman.

The woman hesitated, but when she saw the mysterious being that kidnapped her, she promptly stood up and ran away, but not before leaving a couple of words: “I'll ask for help!"

"Seriously..”. Deam smiled wryly hearing that. ‘Do I look that unreliable? Nevertheless, at least she is safe now; I don’t have anything to worry her but this mysterious being in front of me’

The slimy substance wrapping his leg has now turned a bit stiff and hard, hindering his mobility.

"Tsk. I thought the trap alone was enough to give you despair."

Bang!

Dean fired a single bullet at it, but he saw how the bullet only entered the mysterious being's slimy body before it was pushed out and the bullet fell to the ground.

'Great...' Dean thought, exasperated.

“Hehehehe, your weapons won't work for me. And too bad…" The mysterious being said and made Dean raise his eyebrows as he got a bad feeling.

"Do you think I just let her run away?"

Hearing this, Dean's face darkened. However, he didn't have time to worry as the mysterious being suddenly crawled from the ceiling and rushing towards him!

Support me here at: https://ko-fi.com/nolifenoname

 Anyways, comment for any grammatical errors and misspellings, thank you!

8