Chapter 21: Core
105 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He had already expected it to still be alive because he hadn't gotten a notification yet, but he didn't expect it to be this hard to kill it.

But he got an idea how... Monsters like these usually have a core. Once he destroys it, he can kill it. At least that’s what he believes.

Immediatly, he started looking through its greenish body.

"Hehehe, I am an unkillable being; I am immortal; give up your hope."

By now, the scattered parts have squirmed and now slowly moving towards each other as if they were attracted to each other, they started merging once again.

Dean wouldn't let it; like a hockey stick, he swung his sword at the merging slimy substance! But this time, the monster responded as it immediately hardened its parts!

Dean's sword hit hard into a now-hardened part of the monster's body. Then the other splattered parts tried to get close to him. intending to trap him again. He jumped forward to an empty area.

"It's useless! Just give up!"

'God, this monster sure does like to talk’ Dean thought as he muttered inwardly. He landed on the ground and turned to face his enemy.

'How should I deal with this? If I had a lighter and fuel, I could try to burn it, but there couldn't be one here in this abandoned town.’

The monster didn't give him a break as smaller parts of its body formed what seemed like spikes and extended it to attack him.

Dean easily dodged, and another one tried to attack him. Dean then spent time dancing around the monster while preventing it from merging once again.

'I can't find the core! Is it really without weaknesses?'

Dean struggled as he looked for a way out of the situation. Suddenly, he thought of something.

This monster can divide its parts and still be controlled. So either it could control its separate body with some sort of mind telekinesis or there really is a core that allows it to connect to its entire slime body despite being scattered.

At the thought of that, his face turned grim. No matter which one, there had to be a limit on the distance before it couldn’t control a part of it anymore, there was an uncertainty though, he didn’t know what was attacking the woman and the police right now…

However, if that is so, then he could only do one thing...

After pushing away another glob of monster body, he turned towards the front and chose to run away!

‘If you can't beat an enemy, then just run!'

He decided to just retreat for now and possibly get help from the police to finish this monster.

"Hey! Get back here!"

The monster screamed as it let out a dozen tentacle-like limbs and tried to grab Dean. But they were too slow!

Dean got out of the front of the building, and just as he was about to dash out of there... Above him was another blob of slime that secretly attached itself to the wall!

"You think I'd just let you escape?"

The blob of slime made a long tentacle limb made a hammer-like shape on its tip and smashed towards Deans’s surprised face!

He was blown back into the store but not before swiping his sword at the limbs before they could harden!

Dean used the momentum from being blown away back to turn around and swing his sword at the globs of slime attacking him!

"It's no use; hehehe, soon your body will be mine! Heehehehuaha!"

The monster seemed to have turned crazy as it laughed maniacally.

Dean gritted his teeth, thinking of a solution. The monster wasn't powerful, and he could dodge its attack, but it was nearly unkillable.

Suddenly, he remembered something. He had already looked at and slashed every possible part of the monster, yet he was still able to control it.

If he assumes that it indeed has a core, then where could it be hidden? Since he had slashed nearly every part of it and he couldn't find anything, it either wasn't here or it was the one currently attacking and fighting the police.

Even now, he could still hear some gunshots.

But then a thought came to him.

'I didn't slash every part of its body yet.’

There was only one part of the body he hadn't searched for yet.

It’s body could harden them turned back to slime even if it's cut off which means…

Dean then circled around the place.

"I'm done playing with you. You're boring."

The monster said as it gathered once again and meshed into a single giant blob of monster.

But Dean took this chance and dived in a certain direction!

It was where the first blob of slime he stepped on trapped him!

It was still stiff like concrete, so he scooped the entire thing up; it was the size of his waist.

The being immediately reacted as it sent a sharp tentacle at him, intending to make holes in his body.

He immediately jumped back as he examined the hard blobs of parts in his hands, but then... The stiff, concrete-like object suddenly turned soft like marshmallows, and it turned greenish slime with a bit of transparency. It tried to jump out of Dean's hand, not even intending to attack him.

Through its murky body, he vaguely saw a small object.

The monster suddenly rampaged and turned crazy as it lunged itself toward him, intending to swallow him.

Dean didn’t hesitate and he stuck his hand inside the blob of slime and used his speed and dexterity to dodge and get away from the monster.

With his hands inside the blob, he could feel the blob squirming as if it was cold, then suddenly the blob slowly turned stiff as it wanted to clamp his hand inside.

Finally…"!"

Dean suddenly found himself against the wall as the monster spread its body like a blanket, preventing him from escaping.
Dean looked at the blob of monster coming down on him that was devouring him!

Had a little trouble with the internet.

Support me here to keep me motivated and pump out more chapter at: https://ko-fi.com/nolifenoname

 Anyways, comment for any grammatical errors and misspellings, thank you!

7