Chapter 22: End…
182 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Come on!"

A police officer, supporting a fellow officer, said his partner's left leg was bleeding as he struggled to move.

"Arhgn.. when is backup going to come?" The injured officer said.

"Soon soon" 

Then the injured officer added with a smile, "It's your fault; I told you we shouldn't have come here."

The officer supporting him frowned and was about to say something, but the injured officer continued, "Without backup... hehe."

The officer sighed and shook his head. They were running away from that slime monster after they barged into this ghastly place. After a call, they went and checked the place when suddenly they heard some gunshots and a woman’s plea.

"How is it? Do you see it?" He asked the blonde woman, who by now was carrying a piece of plywood. He wanted to give her a gun but realized it was useless as the monster was invulnerable to it.

"It jumped on top of a fence, but it should still be here," The woman said, who, after being rescued, is now the one protecting the officers who helped her.

"Thank you miss, even though it's supposed to be us protecting you," The injured officer said with a wry smile.

"We're helping each other," the woman said as she tried to smile, but inwardly she couldn't help but worry for the person who saved her.

Suddenly, the familiar slime once again appeared; it rolled towards them as it made a small tentacle, intending to slash her.

She knew how sharp its attacks were, so she prepared herself. It wasn't her first time encountering a monster, hence, she was relatively calm. Seeing the upcoming ball of slime, she swung her plank of wood at it, trying to swat it away.

However, as if it had enough, the slime's body suddenly turned stiff as the plant hit it. All she felt was hitting hard concrete, and it did nothing.

"!"

The monster immediately turned soft and then lunged at her!

"Hyaah!" The woman screamed, stunned, as she fell on her back and the monster jumped on top of her.

"Noo!" The police officer shouted as he hurriedly tried to help.

When the woman saw that the monster was about to do something, it suddenly stopped.

Its entire body suddenly squirmed and shook as if it had an internal earthquake. Looking at it up close, The woman could see a small, strange-looking rock-like object inside it.

Then the monster froze, unmoving, and just as the police officer was about to swat it away, it suddenly jumped to the side, and escaped to the sewers!

"Huh?"

The police, midway through his attack, were suddenly stunned as he stopped what he was doing.

"What happened?" Asked the injured police officer, who was leaning against the wall.


When the monster was about to completely consume and devour him, he felt something with his hand that was still inside the monster's body and didn't hesitate to crush it!

Suddenly, The slimy body that was wrapping all over his body immediately liquefied, drenching him completely as the water fell to the ground and formed a small puddle of greenish water.

At the same time, the notification he had been hoping for finally appeared.

[Gained 35 exp]

[

Dean Reiji
Level 5:
Str:7.88
Dex: 7.9
Cons: 10.01
Points:1
Exp: 37/160

]

Dean, free of the tension, immediately slumped to the ground.

He examined his body's state.

'Thankfully, I avoided most threatening attacks, leaving only bruises on my body and no wounds, and with my constitution, I should be okay by tomorrow.'

He got himself back to his feet as soon as he felt the pain. Then he did a short analysis of the fight.

'That monster was strong, nearly unkillable; it was my luck that it didn't want to finish me quickly and only toyed with me at the beginning, eventually causing its downfall; otherwise, I don't know what would have happened; it was a good thing too that I went with the sword; if I had used firearms then I might have used my fist at it, or whatever I could find. At least a sword can slice through its body. It was the second strongest monster I've faced judging by the experience, but it was a bit more troublesome than that sea folk monster.’

If he hadn't managed to find its weakness, He would have tried to retreat again. It was ultimately the monster's arrogance and carelessness that resulted in its demise. 

In the end, he attributed it to compatibility issues, he could kill some low level wolf class monsters but there are aslo monsters of the same level that are tricky to deal with and needed special means to defeat.

‘I need to check up on the woman as well as the police.'

He didn’t know what kind of trap the monster had set up, but he knew it was enough to trouble a few officers with guns.

‘Man, my life sure is exciting…’ He chuckled inwardly at what he had just experienced.

Dean then left the building and headed to where he last heard the gunshots.

After leaving the area, something shook near the alley where the monster threw those trash bags. Then a greenish slime appeared. It ‘looked’ at Dean's passing figure before it headed towards the building where the mysterious being had just died.

 

Sorry if this chapter is a bit short, I'll also leave it here and see you next week, semester has started after a messy schedule so I'm gonna become busy the following weeks. 

Support me here to keep me motivated and pump out more chapter at: https://ko-fi.com/nolifenoname

 Anyways, comment for any grammatical errors and misspellings, thank you!

6