EPISODE 1: QUEEN TITIANA
262 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

EPISODE 1: QUEEN TITIANA

Year???

Titiana Koltius Verilo Edryani stared at her newly born son as the royal physician handed him over. The child did not cry, nor did he make much of any sounds. Only staring wide-eyed at everything around him. Titiana fell in love instantly. Her cold demeanor warmed for the briefest of moments before the High Queen of Edryan handed her child back. The glint of her gold and silver choker caught in the light.

“Announce the birth of Crown Prince Lawruthian Imperius Koltius Edryani – Chosen One of Goddess Madris – The Challenger.”


The first time I came too in the Prime Plane was in the womb of my mother. Although I didn’t know that originally. For months I was trapped in darkness until I held the strength to struggle my way out. Alongside a strange but warm and welcoming energy that filled me. It was through careful exploration in the final months I realized something.

I was being reborn.

Talk about starting my life over from zero. Fuck. The space of the womb was growing smaller as the days passed until it was almost too tight for me to move. I came out into the light and watched as a man held a glowing hand to my chest. Forcing me to cough up the liquid in my lungs. For a few moments, I struggled and then the biological programming of my body switched. I could breathe again. The man who held me was in a white coat bloodied by my birth. The doctor handed me over to a beautiful woman with long gradient ebony hair. Gold-red eyes stared into my own as she held me. Her skin was a deep and rich black. While a gold and silver choker was displayed on her neck. A cold expression was plastered over her beautiful features. The black woman whom I could only assume was my mother, expression changed. A small warm smile was sent my way before she handed me back. The woman spoke to the surrounding people. The language was unlike anything I’d ever heard yet I understood all the same.

“Announce the birth of Crown Prince Lawruthian Imperius Koltius Edryani – Chosen One of Goddess Madris – The Challenger.

What happened next was strange. As I was dressed and wrapped in a soft royal red fabric. An old man with a long wizard's beard picked me up. Muttering under his breath as he walked to the edge of a balcony. Slowly and deliberately, he raised me high into the air. For the first time in my new life, I began to worry. The air was cold on my skin. From the rays of the sun and the temperature, it was either late winter or early spring. The old wizard gave off one last mutter before hoisting me even higher than previously.

“ANNOUNCING THE BIRTH OF CROWN PRINCE LAWRUTHIAN IMPERIUS KOLTIUS EDRYANI – CHOSEN ONE OF GODDESS MADRIS – THE CHALLENGER.”

A 3D projection of what I could only assume was me appeared high in the air above the city. In the distance, I could just make out the low roar of celebrating crowds. Small explosions that I recognized as fireworks began to appear around the palace. For thirty seconds I was held there before the wizard brought me back into the room and gently laid me in the hands of my mother. My eye was beginning to droop as my body fully settled from the fatigue of being birth. A woman came to my mother’s side and gently unclasped a button over her shoulder. As she did this, the males in the rooms evacuated. Only women remained as the clothing was pulled aside to reveal my mother’s plump breasts. Gently she pulled me close until I was attached to her nipple and suckling away.

“Will he not cry? Not once?”

The woman I assumed was a maid asked my mother as she fed me. Yet I could barely keep myself conscious at this point as the warm meal lured me into slumber. The last I heard before sleep took me was the gentle voice of my mother.

“He is the Chosen of Goddess Madris. The Three Faces of Madris will guide him.

Men of Edryani do not cry.”


Like this, weeks of me drifting in and out of consciousness passed. The first few weeks I found it exhausting to try and keep myself awake. I had no motor control and frequently began to cry out in frustration when I wanted to be fed or changed. Keeping control of my emotions became harder. The only good part of this was the constant closeness to my mother. That and me refusing to feed from any of the prepared nursemaids. Each attempt they made would only cause me to keep the only part of my body I could control closed. My mouth remained firmly shut unless it was my mother who fed me.

Queen Titiana, my mother, kept a cold demeanor around everyone but me. The only time I saw any emotion from my mother other than a cold distant demeanor was when she smiled down upon me. All other times she was business. Whether she held court for the various nobles of the kingdom and her ministers. Or if she was training her body and bathing. Not once had I seen my mother smile until I was awoken by soft moans of pleasure one night.

My crib was stationed in my mother's royal chambers as I refused to settle down unless I was near her. I don’t know the emotions that overtook me. Yet whenever I was more than a few feet from my mother I wailed out. It was like something kept me drawn to her. Perhaps it was the instincts of a baby guiding me. Wanting me to always be near my mother. Or is some other exoteric force driving me to behave like this? I don’t know. That night was how I found my mother enjoyed the pleasures of the same sex. I also didn’t hesitate to open my mouth and wail.

There was no way I was going to listen to two grown women getting it on near my crib. Even more so when one was my new mother. The weeks passed quickly for me and slowly I grew bit by bit. Developing close to the stage where I could begin crawling.


I awoke to a new day. One step closer to having the strength to crawl. Right now, I held enough control over my body to roll myself over if necessary. I think close to three months passed since my birth. In the third month of my new life, a projection appeared in my vision. A countdown with words I could read in the strange language they spoke here.

System Unlock:

5,670 Days

0 Hours

0 Minutes

0 Seconds

 

This text box could be opened at will however there was always a small blue dot in the corner of my vision I could mentally click to open. I hope this was when I got the opportunity to unlock the perk I chose from Madris. I wondered what three-and-a-half favors the Goddess would call from me. Rolling myself over in my crib. I began my daily exercises. This involved me trying to use my arms to push myself up. Since I grew to the point I could. I began this to expedite the process of me crawling.

A small magical glow lit the room as my mother sat up from her giant bed. Two other women sat up near her. Apparently, my struggling grunting awoke them.

We stared at one another for a long moment before one of the women spoke.

“He’s quite energetic for one so young. The Holy Child will be a stallion of a man once grown,” the woman on the left said.

“ A gift from the Goddess cannot be underestimated. My child will be one to bring change to the Elrunian Continent.”

The women continued their discussion, but I drowned them out as I continued to struggle. A lot was going through my mind. Such as my insane growth rate. Would I be close to 17/18 when the system unlocked for me? I wasn’t sure if the calendar here was like Earth or entirely different.

My growth rate was entirely abnormal. As I was only a three-month-old child, yet I held the body of one closer to 5-6 months. I could feel myself becoming stronger day by day as energy filled my body. Not only did I get this energy from when I was feeding. I received it just by breathing. I read plenty of manga and watched different amines about the isekai protagonist. The one thing I picked up from my situation and the similarity in theirs was mana.

So far, I had seen all elements that pointed to a world of magic since my birth. I’ve seen the utilization of mana aplenty. It was fascinating. The way my mother would conjure a ball of light to check on me as I slept. Or when the royal doctor checks in on me to see if I was healthy. Everything about it drew me in and made me thirsty for knowledge. In secret, I have been practicing speaking. It was clear that I was an abnormal baby. Not that I tried much in hiding it. I didn’t cry, only when I was hungry or had a bowel movement did I speak out. Most of the maids I interacted with didn’t understand how to treat me as I was not satisfied with regular toys. The only thing that drew my interest was the stories they'd tell me.

Stories of the Edryan Kingdom and the Iron-Blooded Queen. Stories of my mother or long-dead heroes of our kingdom. I felt there was always a grain of truth no matter the story told. It told me of this kingdom's, queendom's in my mother’s case, history. My favorite was the Rising of the Iron-Blooded Queen. The story of my mother's ascension to the throne.

“Storeee, mama, storeee!”

When I reached five months, I decided enough was enough. At this point, I started teething and since birth, I could understand what I now knew was Edryan. The common language spoken by the people was also named after the queendom. My interactions with my mother were… weird. As I was a child gifted directly by the Goddess the Edryan people worshiped. I was seen as somewhat of a holy child. A descendant from the divine herself. As I showed faster signs of speech, movement, and basic abilities. It became more and more clear that the people around me did not see me for the five-month-old child I was. They saw me as some sort of holy envoy gifted to Queen Titiana.

“Oh, and what story does my little warrior want today?”

“I-run Assassion.” I attempted to say Iron Ascension. Which was a recount of her ascension to the throne but talking as a baby was far more difficult than I imagined.

“By the Three Faces, you’re cute,” my mother squeal. Pitching my cheeks and setting me on her lap. In returned, she received a genuine giggle out of me. Not the ones I used on the palace maids.

“In the year 7236, the Iron Ascension took place. I was the third in line for succession and the oldest princess of the kingdom. At that time, I was only 18. My oldest brother was the first to die…”

I watched her face as she spoke. If there was anything I observed about my mother, it was her disregard for human life. Queen Titiana Edryani my mother ruled with an iron fist. Back by the blessing of Goddess Madris, she ascended to the throne. By the time she was crowned Queen, none of her siblings were left to challenge her position. The next ten years she spent culling the nobility that did not support her ascension to the throne. Placing those who supported her in positions of power. Gaining the title Iron-Blooded Queen.


One year since my rebirth in the Edryan Queendom I cried. The emotions hit me all at once as I awoke in the middle of the night wailing. My new mother cradled me in her arms as maids rushed about trying to placate me. Wondering what was wrong.

“What is wrong my little warrior?”

Yet I didn’t respond to my mother as the raw emotions hit me. I would never see my original Mom or Dad ever again. Brock, Celina, my siblings, and my old life were gone. The only good if anything was my new body. It didn’t hold any of the sicknesses I had in my previous life. Only strength and what seemed like endless vitality radiated from within me. For a while my mother held me. Rocking me gently as maids sang lullabies luring me back to sleep. Lullabies of dragons and monsters. Gods and demons.

When I awoke there was a change in my eyes. I could speak well enough to let my request known. The older I grew the more the people treated me differently. Words such as prodigy and genius were common praises from the various ministers and nobles attending my mother's court. I still refused to be far from her. Even as I grew throughout the year. It was time for a change. I thought it over twice. Then thrice and twice again.

“Mother,” I began as she walked through the halls of the palace. We were headed to a small dining room where we always had breakfast together.

Queen Titiana’s gold-red eyes met my own as she smiled. “Yes, my child?”

“I wish to have my own room and begin my studies.”

In this one year, I’ve had the opportunity to know my mother. The small ticks that showed emotion. As she kept a cold demeanor on her face when in the presence of her ministers and nobles. Yet this time the emotion was clearly displayed on her face as she frowned at me.

“Why? You want to leave the embrace of your mother already?”

“No Mother,” I said quickly. “I only wish to repeesent my station.”

Blasted tongue. I managed to get most of my sentences out before stumbling toward the end. Mother was still frowning but I knew there was an effective way to get her to say yes. I put on the biggest and cutest expression I could manage. Jutting out my bottom lip, making my eyes bigger. While tears sprung forward. I had done this once before since my year here and knew its damage was multiplied by 200%. Queen Titiana melted as she saw my face. A wide smile was uncovered as she took me from the maid carrying me.

“Don’t cry! Men of Edryani do not cry!”

She planted a fat and wet kiss on my cheek before she finally gave her consent. The gold and silver chocker reflected in the light. Gesturing towards a maid to have chambers prepared not far from her own.

As a baby, there was a lot of time on my hands. Time, which I utilized by coming up with several plans. Each would depend on several factors of the Edryan queendom.

  1. Level of technology.
  2. Social and Economic status.
  3. Culture and tradition values.
  4. Territory and climate.
  5.  

If I was going to be reborn in another world with tasks from a Goddess. Then I was going to make sure I’d have all the advantages possible. My list was in the order of importance. Coming from a modern society with public education. I knew the importance of technology and the general education level of the common people. As the Crown Prince, it was hard to see how the people of Edryan faired as I never once left the palace. To rectify that I came up with a four-year plan. I doubt my mother was going to allow me to survey the lands of the queendom. Or even the capital itself. Especially at the ripe age of one. Instead, I would use the next four years to learn the history of Edryan, her people, her culture, and our surrounding neighbors. My Mother was the High Queen of Edryan and several smaller territories. We weren’t quite an empire, but I don’t think we were that far off.

I was not a history major but with the rich culture of Earth's history. I knew a lot could be learned about people from everything I listed. If I wanted to make sure I was as secure as possible. I needed to take the necessary steps to ensure my survival as early as possible. I didn’t doubt any of the tasks Goddess Madris sent me would be highly dangerous. If a Goddess needed a mortal agent to act for her. How could that not be dangerous? This was my chance to be a hero. I clenched my fist in excitement as we arrived for breakfast.

System Unlock:

5,400 Days

6 Hours

10 Minutes

2 Seconds

 

-Edryan Queendom, Year 7278. Season: New Beginning

Three years since my rebirth and it was my birthday again. Today was special as I would be having a birthday party to celebrate my three years of life. People from all over the Edryan kingdom would be attending. While today my mother declared it a national holiday.

Three is important to the Edryans. Three represented a trinity. Three represented the three domains of Goddess Madris.

Wisdom.

War.

Wealth.

Goddess Madris held the domain of all three. During these three years. I learned plenty about Her three faces and the Edryan people. Whether the common number of spouses in a relationship is three. Or that a child is officially recognized on their third birthday. The Edryan people are a culture I could safely say hold several similarities with a few states from the Earth. Including the Central and Southern Europe like the Romans and Greeks. Yet with features found in African cultures such as the Egyptians and Nigerians. During these three years, I did all I could to learn the history of the Edryans. My people. Our kingdom was stationed in the southernmost portion of the Elrunian Continent. Comparing the continent to Europe. We’d be in the position Germany is in except flipped and in Italy spot. The Elrunian continent was a giant half-circle crescent-like shape. Like someone took a bite out of the territories that should have been in the middle. We were the strongest of the Low Kingdoms. While only Empires and superpowers existed in the Mid-Upper areas of the continent. The strongest country said to be on this continent was the Elysiums. An empire ran by elves.

Another of my discoveries of this strange new world was the numerous fantasy races that existed. Gnomes, Elves, Orcs, Goblins, and much more were all present on the Elrunian continent. Yet that was far from my biggest discoveries. This continent was just one of what was said to be thousands. One of the smaller ones under the Genesis Zone. Something that was not explained much if at all. The only reason I knew about it was that I was the Crown Prince. Nothing more, nothing less. My lessons were given to me by the Royal Tutor. A woman by the name of Eliana Drumian. She was an older-looking woman who wore the outfit of a mage. A long robe with the chest area covered in an armor plate and leather to reinforce the sides.

Today I would be meeting the various scions of the nobles of the Edryan Queendom. Tomorrow I would learn magic. The next day I would begin my plan but first I needed to find a way to convince my mother to let me out of the palace.

As the time neared for the party, maids rushed in to dress me. A black and red suit was fitted over me in the traditional garment. The garment was an intricately designed shirt with a lace-like material as the clothing. It was dyed red and black. With the red being strikingly like the red of my eyes. To complete the outfit a circlet with a ruby-red gem was placed on my head. Once done the maids ushered me to a small waiting room and we waited for my announcement. Since I received my own room. My schedule was:

  1. History of Edryan/Edryani (The Edryani were my clan and the rulers of Edryan).
  2. History of the local kingdoms and territories underneath Edryan rule.
  3. Continent History.
  4. Manners and Etiquette.

With Manners and Etiquette, I was taught the proper bearing the Crown Prince of Edryan, and her territories should have. Yet my mother told me else from Eliana. I recalled the memory as we waited.

“Little Warrior, do you know how a man should establish himself in a room full of men and beasts?”

As I forked my neatly cut food and ate my mother spoke to me. Queen Titiana's gold-red eyes were piercing as they stared into my own. Her arched eyes were the same gradient ebony as her hair. Just as my own.

I did not back down as I felt an invisible pressure coming from my mother. It felt like some sort of will or intent was placed on my shoulders. Growing heavier as time passed. I sagged in my chair under the weight of her view. Yet still, I held my ground. Until the very chair broke underneath me. Forcing me to lose my concentration and the staring match against my mother.

She smiled as I stood up unhurt from the splinters of the chair. Maids and butlers quickly arrived to clean the mess and get me a new chair.

“That was a minor application of my Intent. One of the Great Six Attributes you will unlock at sixteen. That is how a man should establish themselves in a room full of beasts and men. Know that most who come to you may seem like friends. Yet they are only there for the benefits they can strip from you. The Edryani are the descendants of Goddess Madris herself. We much show Wisdom like no other. When we War, we dominate. Our Wealth and goods even travel as far as Elysium.”

“Remember there is never a bad day to spill blood.”

I nodded seriously as she spoke. Wondering how true Edryani being descendants of Madris was true. We continued our dinner in silence my thoughts wandering at the possibilities of this world. I couldn’t wait to learn about the Greater Six Attributes and the world in general.

My thoughts returned to the present. In time as a maid queued me. I step forward to the hush silence of the crowd. The announcer was the only one to speak.

“Announcing his Royal Highness, Crown Prince Lawruthian Imperius Koltius Edryani. Holy Son of High Queen Titiana Koltius Verilo Edryani. Chosen One of Goddess Madris – The Challenger.”


Step.

Step.

Step.

I walked into the room slowly and unrushed. My chin was pointed up slightly. I didn’t bother to observe the room as I made my way to the throne prepared for me. Taking my place on a custom-built throne next to my mother. It was only then that I turned my gaze to the various nobles and children present. It was only through my etiquette training that I kept my gaze measured and composed. For the first time. I saw people outside of humans. Several elves, dwarves, and beast men were available. Yet I quickly noticed the state they were in. Although they were dressed up nicely and cleanly. The collars around their necks told me all I needed to know.

The hall was massive easily over 150 meters in length and roughly half in width. It could grow even bigger with the help of spatial mages if necessary. Ten large pillars carved with the legends of Edryan stood preventing the ceiling from collapsing. Showing battles against giant creatures and men-like beasts. We sat at the very end of the hall. Three large blocks are placed upon one another giving us an overview of the entire hall. Large, stained windows let in light from above. A depiction of the Goddess Madris with three faces like an asura from Earth. While mage lights circled around the pillars. Ready to be activated at any moment.

“Present the gifts to Crown Prince Lawruthian Edryani.”

One by one, figures of importance came up to the foot of the throne. Presenting various gifts. It started with the high noble families. There were 33 high noble families belonging to Edryan. I wasn’t certain of the exact size of the kingdom, but I think it was at least half the size of the USA. If not a bit smaller. In the middle of the high noble procession, two new guests made themselves known.

“Announcing Kabal Alexandra Dioni – third princess of the Dioni Kingdom.”

“Announcing Tendra Kaimon Lorde – second prince of the Lorde Kingdom.”

My eyes narrowed at the announcement. Yet I didn’t move from my seat. As the two latecomers entered. Behind them were numerous servants bearing gifts. They were young but older than me. Perhaps around 5-7 years old. I wasn’t exactly sure, but I took my best guess. The ducal families made way for the pair. Slowly they made their way toward my throne.

Dioni and Lorde were the two kingdoms underneath the Edryani Kingdom. They were the main reason my mother was High Queen Titiana and not Queen Titiana. They were also late. Arriving after I was announced with the celebration already on the way. The same cold demeanor my mother constantly presented to the world was now present in my own. The pair came before the throne and bowed before speaking.

“Crown Prince Lawruthian,” Kabal said. She was a girl with flawless pale skin. She held blue eyes with a sharp angular nose. She’d be a beauty when she was grown. She wore a dress that complimented her eyes. While her silver blond hair was braided in a crown around her head. Small teardrop-shaped jewels were woven throughout.

“Crown Prince Lawruthian,” Tendra said like his counterpart. He wore all black. A rich and deep black that appeared to come from the void itself. He was a tanned brown skin individual. Like he was out constantly in the sun. The Lorde Kingdom was an island nation that was a bit from the coast of Edryan. This made them great trading partners for us and the rest of the Low Kingdoms.

I frowned down at them, and my finger began to tap the armrest of my throne. There should be no one late for my birthday party. To do so was a slight to the Edryani name and power. My mother and instructor drilled this into my head.

Slow and deliberate I stood. Thinking twice over my next actions. In 6102 Ty Impex Roland Edryani had a similar slight. I would follow in his footsteps with a twist of my own. Slow and deliberate I approach the two. They stood there and I could see the tight composure they held together. It was not enough.

Kabal’s eyes widen as I grew closer, and a single drop of sweat dripped down Tendra’s forehead, and down his neck. There was just enough space for me to stand next to the two.

Step.

Step.

Step.

I paused just as I entered the space between them. Not showing my back to them but aligning my shoulders along theirs. The pair didn’t move, and I gestured towards the marquess and her child who was interrupted by the two royals.

They hesitated for only a moment before making their way to me and presenting their gifts.

Ty Impex Roland Edryani made the mistake of stepping past his those who slighted him. Revealing an open back. I sent a different kind of message as I stood shoulder-to-shoulder with the two royals. Leaving them to stare forwards and at my mother on her throne.

Even a hare will bite when it's cornered.

I did nothing but send a message. One that my mother was known for.

Blood.

Slowly the high nobility finished, and other minor nobility were next. The elves, beast men, and dwarves were presented as gifts as I thought. I will deal with them later. I only made sure to note the nobles who gave me such gifts. Surprised that one of the high noble families would give me such a gift. When the final gift was laid at my feet I turned around. Shoulder to shoulder with the two royals before I spoke softly.

Remember there is never a bad day to spill blood.

System Unlock:

4,680 Days

0 Hours

0 Minutes

0 Seconds

 

6