EPISODE 7: ADAPTIVE LEARNING ALGORITHM
135 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

EPISODE 7: ADAPTIVE LEARNING ALGORITHM

-Edryan Queendom. Year 7285, Season: Color Fading

Do. Gods. Bleed?

-Lawrence Brown


“Creator, how may we serve?”

HUEGO-1 looked at me. Its sapphire blue eyes gazed down. An unreadable expression on its face. The Hero Golems were a thing that began the moment I first laid eyes on a golem. Think twice, then act. Thinking twice before enacting any plan was my motto for as long as I can remember. Counting my Earth years, I was in my mid-thirties at this stage in my soul. Just because I was reborn into the body of a child didn’t change one thing about me.

I never forget.

I never forgot Helcantruim and the pain I suffered because of my innocent mistakes. The pain that almost destroyed my soul. Thrice Madris saved me and at least two of those were from Helcantruim’s actions alone. If I was to have any goal in this new life.

Killing a god was surely one of them.


(Adaptive Learning Algorithm) or (ALA) was a spell of my design and partial creation. Alongside the help of Margret. I managed to combine what would be considered two Tier 10 spells into the next stage. The how and why were actually relatively simple. The plan to establish something existed since I was reborn with all my memories intact. How many hours did I spend sick watching isekai or reading novels to not have ideals of being reborn into a different world? My body partially wasting away trying to protect me yet killing me in that protection.

So, when I found my life ripped away from Earth after saving Celina. When I found myself in pain, my mind snapped after gazing at He Who Hides In The Shadow Places. Saved by Madris and assembled whole once more.

WHEN I FOUND MYSELF ON THE VERGE OF GETTING MY SOUL EXTINGUISHED.

I may have snapped…. just a little bit. I may have looked towards the path of villains ever soooo slightly. There is a thin line between good and evil. I think I crossed that line.

“Welcome, Huego, Hela, and Hector. You may serve by listening and learning. By improving yourself and Edryan as a whole. You may serve by helping me accomplish my goals.”

When I was one, I asked my mom if I could begin learning. To have a room away from hers. I spent the next two years learning about Edryan and her people. I spent the next two years after, studying and learning the basics of spells and how they worked. Their properties and laws that governed them. Alongside the greatest examples of them in history.

Once I turned three everything changed as I began learning. Memorizing all 72 basic runes in less than a month. The mind of a fully developed adult was shoved into a baby's body, yet I still possess the capacity to think as a reasonable adult. I was more than cognitive enough to learn the things I was taught after a few examples were shown. With the help of some of the greatest mages in the queendom, understanding the 24 letters became simple. Magic on the Prime Plane to my knowledge was cast by the runes. You could simply expel your mana and will and action into being but that cost tremendous amounts of mana to do so. Runic casting was connecting the letters and vowels to form words. Calling upon the magic of the world and the magic within the body to cast a spell.

All 72 runes encompass all things. These runes served as letters and words. Twenty-four letters, four of which served as connecting vowels. While the rest of the 48 were simple connecting words such as and, or, yet, but, etc. It was similar to the English language in some ways. A number of those words were also the name of elements such as fire, water, earth, air, life, death, etc. Once combined the runes could form magical effects as they turned into powerful sentences that translated like poems to me. Combining the runes into different formats would produce different results. These combinations held different rankings and thus Tier 1-10 was born.

I could cast up to tier 3 spells, provided I had a mana crystal or another way to channel the spell. I did not possess a great amount of mana currently. That would change once the system activated and I could manipulate my attributes. This world was similar to a game. You grew stronger by leveling and adjusting your attributes to different values.

Learning the 72 base runes led me down a path of logic. I didn’t go to school for any type of programming. However, I did have experience in understanding several programming languages. Languages that led me to believe runes could work with a similar layout. Once I held that belief things became simple. Although I couldn’t fully understand the complexities of higher tier runes, it wasn’t entirely a foreign language to me. Asking precise and pointed questions to someone who could understand such as Margret Musa, or High Priestess Marna, played a key part in shaping my understanding of (Adaptive Learning Algorithm). The spell was a combination of two different tier ten spells with years of research about them available to me through the several libraries of the royal palace. My years of writing college papers and Googling prepared me for this! The combined spells to form (Adaptive Learning Algorithm) were (Breaking Dawn – Last Night) and (Madris’s Touch).

Each of these spells was highly aligned with the life affinity. Meaning they require someone with a strong manipulation of Life Mana to cast. After several hundred failures, I grew frustrated, but not once did I give up. Researching spell after spell in hopes of completing this obsession of mine. Money flowed like water as LSG's large coffers went down the drain. Funding from my mother was what kept this project going. Finally, (Adaptive Learning Algorithm) was born. Born from the combinations of two tier ten spells and several minor spells that worked as stabilizing functions. The birth of a spell on the fabled tier 11 was born. The tier that was meant to belong slowly to the divines, something you shouldn’t be even close to casting without being a demi-god. The closest person to that level of strength within the past 1500 years was said to be my mother. Not that many hadn’t gotten close to that level, only that somehow in some format or another… they died.

The Hero Golems seemed to process my commands. They knelt each voice ringing out in clean subservience. No Intent would be required to control them as they were their own pseudo-life forms.

“We hear, we obey.”

These golems were not fully functioning artificial intelligence. In fact, they were far from such a point. These golems were adaptive learners. That meant they would go into a situation, analyze it, and learn all they could. So, the next time they were in a similar situation they form a solution and enact upon it. They would record everything they see and learn from there. So, I could build them better in the future as I learn more. The price I paid to create these three special cores was not small. I did not look forward to some of the actions I’d need to take in the future.

My ultimate goal with these machines was to create something that could live, breathe, and react without the need for external input. In a sense, these golems were useless without me telling them what to do. If I point to my left and said guard that spot. They would…, and while doing so they would never leave and never falter until the end of time or my next order. All in all, they were a proof of concept.

I did all this because I needed something to keep me alive. I needed soldiers and people who would die for me without hesitation, who would act on every command without question. The worshipful gazes of the Edryans set fire to my heels. To them, I was a savior, a martyr who would lead them into a new age. I would, wouldn’t I? I was already doing it. One world history class at the high school level would tell you about the outcome for most martyrs. When they made a mistake and people realized that they were only human like them…, I would be a hero to these people…, to become a martyr or God-like figure was stepping into a direction I knew could only end in tragedy. I understood myself the most in this world. I would make a mistake sooner or later. When I do. Those worshipful expressions…

How would they change?

Hero Golems were my answer, my first backup in case I failed somewhere down the line and people turned against me. These three were only the first. There would be more.

“Follow,” I said to the HGs. Before I turned to the waiting crowd.

Ahhh, so I finally see it. I finally see… fear. Not in all their eyes but in a few of the mages and royal guards. The same fear my mother instilled, for she was cold to all but me and a few others. My face began to morph. Taking on the same expression the Iron-Blooded Queen held.

Cold.

I began to move. The things I wanted to accomplish the most in my New America Research Center complete. The mages station here would still research various topics on my behalf while sending me reports on their findings. It was time to go home and see what my mother would do.

***

Queen Titiana looked in surprise and wonder at the new pets her son brought home. The child was a wonder sent by her Goddess Madris. Here to bless the people of Edryan and lead them. For he would lead once these innovations of his took hold and his power was secure.

The reasoning behind her surprised look was that these golems gave her pause. They were strong enough to fight her. Of course, they couldn’t win but the fact that her child had the decisive hand in creating such golems gave her immense joy.

“(Inspect).”

[HUEGO – ★★★★]

[Hero Ultra Ego Golem Overlord]

Power: 2,250

Base Atk: 675

Base Def: 675

HP: 6750/6750

MP: 6750/6750

Vitality: 2,250

Mind: 2,250

Core Charge: 100/100

Core Integrity: 100/100

HP Regen: 37/Hour

MP Regen: 36/Hour

Self: 2,250

Description:

A complex golem built of high-grade materials through the efforts of several high-level mages under the command of Prince Lawruthian of the Edryan State.

 

[HELA – ★★★★]

[Hero Ego Learning Actor]

Power: 3,250

Base Atk: 975

Base Def: 300

HP: 3000/3000

MP: 11250/11250

Vitality: 1,000

Mind: 3,750

Core Charge 100/100

Core Integrity: 100/100

HP Regen: 36/Hour

MP Regen: 135/Hour

Self: 1,000

Description:

A complex golem built of high-grade materials through the efforts of several high-level mages under the command of Prince Lawruthian of the Edryan State.

 

[HECTOR – ★★★★]

[Hero Ego Construction and Terraforming Operative Responder]

Power: 1,000

Base Atk: 300

Base Def: 825

HP: 3000/3000

MP: 12750/12750

Vitality: 1,000

Mind: 4,250

Core Charge: 100/100

Core Integrity: 100/100

HP Regen: 13/Hour

MP Regen: 56/Hour

Self: 2,750

Description:

A complex golem built of high-grade materials through the efforts of several high-level mages under the command of Prince Lawruthian of the Edryan State.

 

Four stars!!! Nearly calamity-level beast. Fortunately, they are just golems lacking Intent to solidify themselves as sapient creatures. Should I have the mages who helped in the creation of these executed…? Hmmm, no, my Lawruthian would be sad.

“Hmmm, twenty or so years should be enough,” Queen Titiana said to herself.

A means to an end.

Titiana Koltius Verilo Edryani prayed for a child. One that would be rivaled by no other not because she needed an heir. If she really wanted, she could have chosen plenty of male consorts. One of them would have sired a decent enough child for the throne. Titiana desired more. She desired to leave such a reputation of Edryan that when she left and ascended into Godhood herself. She’d be known as the Holy Mother of the one who changed Edryan.

She’d take her spot next to Madris Edryani and be the second of their bloodline to claim godhood. Most thought her combined levels to be in the mid-200s. How wrong they were. She was so much closer to demi-godhood than that.

“Your Majesty these Hero Golems listen to none but His Highness.”

Titiana smiled. Her son would have no rivals. Not in this continent nor this world.

“Good,” she said. Walking to approach her son.


My mother approached me with shining eyes as she gazed at me and the HGs behind me.

“They won’t fit in the castle!”

Of the many possibilities, I thought my mother would say. That was far from what I expected. Actually, I didn’t know what to expect. In truth, my mom was the biggest anomaly in the Queendom of Edryan. After the death of her father and the war of succession for the throne. Iron-Blooded Titiana was the biggest anomaly of the Edryan Kingdom. She disappeared for a few years as her siblings fought for control. When she returned, she was nearly more powerful than anyone else in the kingdom. Six families quickly backed her and her claim to the throne These six families were now staunch allies. Each benefited greatly from her rise.

“That’s fine. I’m sure they won’t mind guarding outside!”

We discussed a bit more before I returned to my room. The golems stayed outside yet they moved so that they were below my windows. I had plans for them. I needed them to experience multiple combat situations. So, I could know the extent of their abilities. With the level of spells and weapons, they had access to. I believed they were at least on a stronger level than a royal guard. Tomorrow we would put that to the test.

My sleep was restless. Too much was going through my mind for me to rest properly that night. It’s been ten years since my rebirth in the Prime Plane. There was so much of this world I’d yet to explore and experience. So much that I’d be able to see if I was born differently. Instead, I was born to be the heir to a Queendom. One that was under a Goddess of immeasurable power. One that would require three tasks for me to complete otherwise she’d consume my soul.

‘Fuck…’

Quickly the maids prepared me for the day. Today was a free day as I’ve done my weekly training in both magic and swordsmanship. Usually, I would use this day to tour the city and LSG's different branch stores. Instead, I summoned my golems to the courtyard. Taking one more look at the only notification I could besides the countdown.

A new Achievement has been unlocked!

Achievement Type: Feat

[One Small Step]

Description:

You have taken the first small step of many on a long and arduous path. One that will end an old age and begin a new one.

Effect:

+20 Self, +15 Intent, +15 Mind.

 

Feats were something that could only be accomplished by a few to be rewarded. Margret alerted me that she received the same Feat when the (ALA) came into play. Feats in the world were recognized in how the feat occurred. Everything in the details mattered. Who was involved? How it occurred and much more. Unlike titles that were dynamic, Feats were apparently ‘hardcoded’ into your status and could not be removed or taken away. Something that was eternally a part of what and who you were. I didn’t really understand this when I was taught more and more about the system. Only being told that I would understand more once I turned sixteen and the system unlocked for me. The next few years of my life were to be training in preparation for it. Every week since I turned ten the intensification of my training increased. Alongside having special medical baths prepared for me. I could tell these were all influencing my physique in a way I couldn’t describe.

I knew the feeling of working out at a gym and gaining strength, but this…, this was something more. Imagine if you could feel yourself growing in power in all aspects. Speed, stamina, longevity, might, and your very soul itself. It was a feeling of indescribable pleasure. Just as good as the first bite of your favorite food, probably even better.

My HGs stood in the training fields. Around them spaced about 100 feet away were a dozen royal guards. For the next few weeks, I wanted these guards to attack the HGs in any manner they wished. Their only purpose was to defeat the HGs as efficiently as possible. For each defeat of the HGs, each Royal Guard would get a bottle of Edryani Honey.

This was a nearly priceless gift that I didn’t have to do. In fact, the Royal Guards would follow my orders without question. Yet the incentive drew the strongest amongst them out. Why? The answer was simple. With each level gained, the next would be harder. After a hundred or so, the difficulty in gaining levels especially when you required combat to receive experience upped to another degree. Not everyone wanted to constantly put their life on the line to gain levels. Plenty were satisfied with reaching the early or mid 100s.

“Hero Golems,” I called from a distance. “Prepare for nonlethal battle. Your opponents will be using lethal methods to attack you. Resist.”

With that being said I moved to a safer distance. Several notable figures had shown themselves. Several ministers and a few of the generals such as the cities [Gate Protectors] and nobles are currently stationed in the castle. My mother pulled beside me as I sat in the area prepared for me. We were in the season of Color Fading or Fall. We lightly sipped some sweet, iced tea and munched on sweet, honeyed scones. The Royal Guards who were to fight the three golems seemed to be discussing amongst themselves. Preparing a strategy before they attacked.

“Are you confident?” My mom suddenly asked. Looking at me with a curious gaze. Her eyes lit with excitement. “This would be a great show to put on in the Colosseum.”

That got me thinking as I responded to her. “Yes and no. Have you grilled Margret on the underlying details of the (ALA) in your ‘talk’ last night?”

Mother smiled at me before giving me a wink. “Oh, even after using all my skills. A woman revealing her heart is still a mystery.”

“Ewww, I don’t want to know that mom.”

She gave a light chuckle and I figured I’d explain the full details of the (ALA). I wanted someone to confide in. Someone whom I knew would not judge me or look at me as the Holy Child of Madris. In the end, my mother was the only one truly seeing me without a divine filter.

“The (Adaptive Learning Algorithm) is a recording spell in its essence. Without input from the outside, the Hero Golems will be basically reactionless. By accepting input from the outside. My Hero Golems analyze the situation and come up with the best response.”

My mom's eyes look thoughtful as she heard the details of the spell from me. She looked towards the sky and the Prime Sun. “How did you combine what amounts to healing spells to…, to create something like this?”

Her hand gestured forward as she spoke, the various gemstones and rings glittered in the sunlight.

I could see the same spark of curiosity I’d have when asking about magic and runes. I chuckled at the sight. Seeing some of my mom in me and me in her. She was a strange woman. Cold, or perhaps indifferent would be a better word. A word to describe how she interacted with everyone outside of her small circle of me, Liana, and Margret. She was nothing but patient with me. Always willing to move aside any other when I came about. I got up from my cushioned seat and move by her side. She looked at me inquisitively. I held out my arms. Her face lit up in a brilliant smile before she let me into her embrace.

No matter how much I tried to fight it. The emotional imbalance of a child's body was hard to overcome. She scooted over and sat me on her side as we face to watch the Royal Guards fight the Hero Golems. The guards were just about done with their little conference.

“It was simple really. (Madris’s Touch) and (Breaking Dawn – Last Night) are similar in their effects but go about it in completely different ways. (Madris’s Touch) heals and repairs the body by recalling the mental map your blood has of the body. I discovered this after hours of research and paying countless Edri to have the spell cast.”

(Madris’s Touch) worked best on those who recently lost the use of their limbs. Or recently lost the body part entirely. By taking the mental model you had of your body. It would rebuild it from the ground up. Clearing all ailments and diseases along the way. (Madris’s Touch) would upgrade the grade of your body and could turn you from a Magi-human – Common. To a Magi-human – Uncommon. Giving you more attribute points per level. This was all system-level stuff and something I couldn’t wait to really begin exploring. I understood that there were five grades most of everything went by.

Common.

Uncommon.

Rare.

Legendary.

Mythical.

(Breaking Dawn – Last Night) was nearly the opposite. As (Madris’s Touch) was a divine life affinity spell that rebuilt you using your mental model of yourself. (Breaking Dawn – Last Night) used your body's model of what it should look like in a healthy state. (Breaking Dawn – Last Night) required no divinity to cast and could be cast by a mage of the highest caliber. (Madris’s Touch) specifically needed a [Priestess of Madris] to cast.

These spells were amongst the highest restorative spells in Edryan. Of course, there were minor ones, but they didn’t offer the same benefits the Tier 10 spells do. You could begin restoring the use of dead limbs at Tier 5.

It was not a problem for the Holy Son to get the high-caliber priest to cast the spell for me.

“(Breaking Dawn – Last Night) uses the body's mapping of how a healthy version of it should look to function. These spells both require outside input to achieve their goals. Input in different ways.”

I could see the light in my mother's eyes beginning to light as she started to follow my train of thought.

“So, what you did is take the mapping components of the spells and combine them to make this (Adaptive Learning Algorithm)? A spell on the level of the divine?”

“Yes and no. It's not quite like that although you’re heading in the right direction.”

“What I did is take the mapping inputs of both spells. Combine them into one without the healing aspect. Then turn those inputs into solutions that the Hero Golems generate from other inputs.”

Mom looked at me confused and I could tell that I was slightly losing her. I racked my brain for a simpler explanation.

“Imagine you have two pieces of blank paper. Made of different materials. One is made from a stronger and better material. Making it harder to bend and crumple the paper. The other is made from a mold or clay. Each time something comes to bend or break the material it learns and better adapts so it's harder when the next time occurs.”

I could see the beginnings of understanding in my mother's eyes.

“(Adaptive Learning Algorithm) is the second material. It is the clay that learns to better adapt as forces come from the outside to try and break it. However, it cannot improve without those same outside forces. Meaning that no inputs and the clay would forever stay that same piece of paper. Inputs are the text written upon the clay.”

I saw it click for her and we both let out smiles as the battle began. Three of the Royal Guards began to attack. One moment they were still by the group of a dozen. The next moment, they were attacking Huego from three different areas. One in the front and two on the sides and slight back. This was one of the standard formations when dealing with high leveled threats.

Huego reacted almost instantly. His shield on his left arm thrust towards the guard coming from the left-hand area. While his sword went to meet the man coming from the front. Just as I was left wondering how he would deal with the man coming from the right. Hela and Hector acted. A wall was built out of the hard earth as the Hero Golems began to work together.

My eyes widen in surprise and anticipation. Perfect white teeth revealed a savage smile against my brown skin. I wasn’t sure how quickly the three golems were going to learn to work together. They could be considered babies when it came to the world and life in general. After all, they were just born yesterday. Yet their (ALA) must have concluded that the only option would be to work together after seeing the knights doing so. Perhaps they realized the full threat was not just the three initial attackers testing the waters. Perhaps they realized all twelve were a threat able to attack at a moment's notice. Regardless they attacked perfectly. Huego blocked the two incoming attacks while his brother and sister took care of the rest.

The nine other Royal Guards did not hesitate to act once the golems began to work together. A first round was quickly concluded as they subdued Hector as Huego, and Hela were occupied. Their attacks left no true damage besides minor scratches to the paint job. I didn’t want them to break my creations.

“Reset,” I called out, the wind carrying my voice to the battlefield. Both parties once again went to their starting positions. Hector was a purely defensive-orientated golem. The Royal Guards understood and took advantage of him while the other two were occupied. He could defend but his body wasn’t imbued with many offensive spells. The ones that he could cast were spells that the Royal Guards could shrug off. The guards had high enough levels with skills and passive skills that could just shrug off attacks below a certain level. Like a baby's fist against a grown man, no damage would be dealt. The Hero Golems did not have all this. Although we did our best to inscribe the best and brightest on their bodies. Mostly their bodies would shrug off spells too low to affect the materials they were composed of.

I watched a fireball simply fizzle out on Hector's round body. The flames dissipated in the wind leaving no damage behind. This didn’t discourage the guards, only excited them more as they began to attack harder and fiercer. It wasn’t often they could use such powerful moves without killing their opponent. Even training against one another they have to be careful of their strongest combos.

Several more bouts took place like this. Each time it would take the Royal Guards slightly longer to subdue a golem. It wasn’t until the fifteenth exchange that something changed.

“Reset… Begin,” I said as I cuddled with my mother. Yet my body position changed. Sitting up in an alert position. For the first time, the Hero Golems made the first move.

This also seems to throw off the Royal Guards. As they hesitated in their movements. Huego did not stop charging forward. Only two seconds were wasted as he crossed the 100 feet between them. I could barely register the fact, one moment seeing him the next he was in front of the guards. If not for my distance, I wouldn’t even be able to see it. If I, or normal humans had to face something like that…, we wouldn’t even know how we died.

Hela was casting spells to support him with range combat. While Hector began to build defenses. I already had ideas about upgrading his capabilities in the next body we built. Inside the core of the MGB-4 was another reason for their bulkiness besides the increased capacity. A complex rune work was settled at the very heart of the battery. (Adaptive Learning Algorithm) was inscribed on the most precious material I could find to handle a spell of its level and be able to take charge. Those were the true hearts of the various egos. With a battery that could constantly charge itself. Only the liquid core would need to be changed every so often as its integrity lowered. The spells would always have a power source to learn and record. In fact, for the new schools that were still under construction. I would be using a (Adaptive Learning Algorithm) as their core. Something to hold all the accumulated knowledge gathered and learned. A codex of sorts.

Huego dashed forwards. His speed accelerated by several activated buffs. His sword glowed with blue power matching the color of his eyes. Unattributed mana coating the blade that would triple his attack power. His shield also began glowing with the same light tripling his defense as mana was expended. Unattributed mana was good at blocking all elemental affinity types. They weren’t as good as a natural counter such as fire versus water or earth and air. Even so, they were great at limiting the amount of elemental damage coming in. I decided it was the best fit for a hero. If he could not have all the elements. Then he should use none. I wouldn’t be following that path of development.

His damage output would still be greater than just using his blade itself. Huego slammed into two of the knights. His shield knocked the air from their lungs as the golem activated a buff and accelerated even faster. The golem held back so as to not kill them, yet they would definitely be down some Health Points. Two quick taps on their chest and they were ‘down’. I had the guards attach small balls of paint to mark how they would have been hit and died had this been a true battle. While it caught the Royal Guards off guard they quickly reacted. Four rushed towards the golem to quickly take him down. Two were defensive specialists meaning they would have greater defense than offense. The six who remained turned their sights to the distant Hela and Hector. I could tell this win would go to the golems.

Hector slapped the earth, and it began to morph and shape around him and Hela as the mage golem began activating spell after spell. Some of that very earth shot off toward the four knights surrounding Huego. The rest began to carpet-bomb the remaining six knights who powered through the rain of hardened dirt arrows and spears. Hela was working as I intended her. She was the heaviest-imbued golem. With several dozen spells of all types written on her body. The golem's ruby-red eyes glowed brighter and brighter as she tossed spell after spell. Her opponents were stuck in several spots that were deemed incapacitating as they were knocked off their feet. As one of the four surrounding Huego fell. So did another 2 from the remaining six. The rest of the guards quickly weigh their options. One split to help the surviving two take on Huego. The rest rushed for the complex structure that Hector was building.

What was Hector building? He seemed to be creating a fortress except it was more complex than any I’ve seen the golem build so far. The building was shaped like a cone with Hela at its point. Rising into the air as Hector himself disappeared into the earth. This structure was not built into his programming. This was the first new output of his as his brother and sister all had theirs. Just as the Royal Guards reached the cone and began to make their way up toward Hela. She was swallowed into the cone. Presumably by Hector. Yet an opening was left behind. The knights could either enter or turn their attention to the only golem outside.

My gaze and the knights turned to Huego, who was left with one guardsman just holding his own against the golem. The other two fell to the adapting Huego their strength lacking when it came to defeating him. “Mom, did you see what happen?”

As my attention was away from the golem, I completely missed how it took out the other two Royal Guards. Everything occurred within seconds showing the level of power they were at. There was a calculating look in her eyes as she gazed at Huego and the final knight. The last four turned to help their last comrade. My mother suddenly stood and grabbed me jumping into the air as the ground began to shake.

“Lawruthian… these golems. These Hero Golems. How many more can you produce?”

The cone rose into the air. My eyes widened in surprise and shock. My mouth dropped open agape at the sight. My mother closed my mouth as the giant construct took a step. Vibrations felt up in the air. I finally looked out to realize…

“Why aren’t we falling?”

“Because I’m flying?”

“YOU CAN FLY?!?!”

She rolled her eyes and chuckled. “Once you get to a sufficient level. So can you. Now tell me, son. How many Hero Golems can you make?”

“Just those three for now. It takes immense effort to create just one of the (ALA) runic spell cores at the center of each golem. Time and materials that I’ve already used up. I do have another two but those are for my schools. Why…? What do you need them for?”

The turtle-like base made its way toward the final five knights who only looked up in wonder and stupefaction.

“Why…, war of course.”

System Unlock:

1,919 Days

2 Hours

1 Minutes

42 Seconds

This is the longest chapter of the first season. A bit more of the litrpg element will be present further along in this story.  I want to warn everyone that this story has an emphasis on Slice of Life. Part of the reason some may call it 'slow.' First and foremost is the character's enjoyment. The Prime Plane is very real and so are her characters. They won't just fight, kill, repeat. They love, laugh, and live!  They cry, lie, and die.

6