EPISODE 76: RUIFALL, GUARDIAN OF AZ’DAWN
32 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

EPISODE 76: RUIFALL, GUARDIAN OF AZ’DAWN

— Edryan Queendom, Year: 7291. Season Color Fading.

Allura stretched. Her Aubrey-colored eyes rested on the large walled city in the distance. Her eyes were bright and full of excitement as the group traveled the final stretch of the journey to the City of Ruifall, the provincial capital of the area and counter-guardian to Laguu. Allura found herself excited about the amount of leveling she’d been able to do in the recent days. It’d been months since Allura gained over ten levels within a small period of time. [Imperial Legionnaire – Ramus] hadn’t been able to halt her as the incursions of monsters on their delegation grew to an alarming rate. It was like they could sense the Imperial bloodline of the Az’Dawn family. Her elder sister’s agent hadn’t been able to halt her leveling once things grew hectic.

Her Wrath was under a slightly stable control. It’d settled to a throbbing sensation similar to a constant headache in her mind. It was unfortunate that it was a constant thing until she completely mastered the Sin .

The sun shone, its heat much less threatening, as the large oasis Ruifall was built upon kept the surroundings cool. The sand shone a brilliant array of colors and seemed to sparkle like endless gemstones. It was said Ruifall was formed from the impact of a great spell. A mythical spell that altered the very landscape permanently. Allura smiled wide as she sat atop her personal wagon. Next to her, Aunt Chine held a peaceful smile on her face as the two women enjoyed one another’s presence. Large date palm trees served as nesting grounds for an assortment of creatures… from birds to smaller insects, the oasis was buzzing with life.

“Status,” Allura whispered softly. She’d leveled several times since their months-long journey. She wasn’t quite at the threshold for her second class’s first advancement, but she wasn’t far off either. Allura knew she could have kept her main class, [Princess of Ambition's Wrath], at level thirty-five, but it was imperative it reached level seventy-five to unlock her third class.

Allura Grasci Az’Dawn — Level 60

HP: 939/939 (+450)

SP: 810/810 (+450)

EP: 1140/1140 (+450)

Base Atk: 195 (+75)

Base Def: 108 (+60)

HP Regen: 31/Hour (+27)

SP Regen: 27/Hour (+27)

EP Regen: 38/Hour (+27)

Bloodline: [+]

Main Class:
‎ [ Princess of Ambition's Wrath ] – 40

Perks: -

Power: 390(+150)

2nd Class:
‎ [ Emberheart Seeker ] – 20

Core Skills: [+]

Vitality: 313 (+150)

3rd Class: [LOCKED]

Racial Skills: [+]

Endurance: 270 (+150)

Faith:
‎ Heavenly Father

Status Effects: [+]

Energy: 380 (+150)

Affiliation:
‎ Imperial Family of Az’Dawn

Equipped:
‎ Ambition’s Wrath

Self: 260 (+150)

2nd Affiliation:

Skills: [+]

Intent: 300 (+150)

Achievements: [+]

Active Quest: [+]

Energy Affinity:

Attribute Points: 0

Allura pondered over her leveling path. She needed [Emberheart Seeker] to reach level twenty-five to unlock a fire affinity. She tempered herself on the element, as it held so much in common with Wrath .

“How goes your path,” Aunt Chine asked as she sensed Allura was done with her initial overview. Chine’s Intent spread as a protective barrier around them and halted any who wished to spy into their conversation.

“I’ve reached level sixty, level forty in [Princess of Ambition's Wrath], and level twenty in [Emberheart Seeker].”

Allura was more than comfortable telling Aunt Chine detailed information about her classes. Albeit somewhat taboo, Aunt Chine was a second mother to Allura, and she trusted her completely. If she couldn’t then Allura would have no one else.


They arrived at the gates of Ruifall midafternoon, the sun at its highest points. Strangely enough, the city gates were not as busy as Allura expected them to be.

“It’s quite… barren. I don’t remember it being this way previously,” Allura commented.

Aunt Chine frowned as she too was confused. “Ruifall is constantly experiencing traffic in and out of Edryan. Perhaps this will explain the lack of caravans we’ve met on the way.”

Allura didn’t respond, but the young woman kept a pondering look on her face. Once the [Caravan of Death] came into the general range of Ruifall’s providence, Allura expected to run into a lot more travelers. That was not the case, as the group seldom saw any on the road. Not even the usual bandits or raiders were present… not that Allura minded.

The moment the caravan arrived at the gates, Ramus walked to the front. Then, in a loud, booming voice that radiated power, he spoke. “ANNOUNCING THE ARRIVAL OF HER IMPERIAL HIGHNESS, ALLURA GRASCI AZ’DAWN, SECOND PRINCESS OF AZ’DAWN!”

His voice blew the guards, who were only just approaching to inspect the caravan, back. Allura rolled her eyes, but [Ambition’s Wrath] shifted and changed forms until it was a scarf that wrapped around her head and a light veil that covered her mouth. The rest of her clothes shifted as well, after all it was all made from [Ambition’s Wrath]. The weapon would not allow none else to touch its user. Allura ended in a strap-less ember colored top that covered her chest but exposed her belly, while flowing pants of a slightly darker coloration covered her legs.

Aunt Chine gave her a once over, before nodding in approval. “Stunning as usual, my darling.”

Allura smiled, she slightly raised her bum as a soft cushion was placed around it. Functionless jewelry was placed on her hands, arms, and ankles, and other servants and guards appeared to surround her in a protective yet strong display of power.

The guards of Ruifall hadn’t dared stop them, and the caravan made their way through the city gates. The moment the last of the caravan entered, a powerful Intent swept its way toward them. Allura swallowed hard, the person coming was easily on her Aunt and Legionnaire Ramus’s level.

Dust and sand picked up as the person approached. Allura studied Ruifall as they waited for the man to arrive. The city was formed of sand and clay. Each building sparkled from the unique properties of the sand of Az’Dawn, showing a brilliant array of reds, blues, greens, and more. The buildings were flat top and upon them grew gardens of fresh fruits and other commodities. It gave the city a beautiful, pleasant feeling that calmed Allura’s nerves.

The moment her attention returned to the front was the moment the man arrived. He bowed, as did several of his guards and attendants, who arrived shortly after him. Allura eyes roamed up and down the man before her. It’d been a few years since she last laid eyes on…

“Rise Tian Ni’Raiku, Protector of the Pass.”

Tian rose, his strong dark eyes met Allura’s directly. Tian was 203 cm tall, just twenty centimeters taller than Allura. His skin was tan, a sun-kissed tan that more than showed his willingness to battle against the heat of the sun. Long wavy black hair that ended just before his waist fell above his left shoulder in a heap. On his side was a scimitar that Allura recognized as the Ni’Raiku family heirloom. A powerful weapon with much more ancient history than her own.

Tian was fit, and his gazed lingered slightly longer than Allura was comfortable with… not that she minded completely . Just before it could get any more awkward, Tian smiled.

“I hadn’t heard you were coming, Princess Allura. I would have prepared a banquet worthy of your status beforehand,” Tian said gently. His hand raised, reached up and Tian rubbed a finger under his nose bashfully.

“Oh, can I not surprise my fiancé,” Allura teased. As she did so, her Wrath settled into a comfortable sensation similar to a light throb in the back of her head.

They smiled warmly at one another, until Tian turned to Aunt Chine and offered her a slightly less deep bow.

“Well met, and well-traveled, Chine Redsan. It is my great pleasure to host the Princess and her caravan in my palace.”

Chine returned the bow. “No worries, Young Master Tian. We only plan to stay a day or two before setting off to Edryan.”

At the mention of Edryan, Tian’s mood changed. A heavy frown appeared on his face, and the young man glanced at Allura before speaking to Chine.

“I’m afraid you’ll have to wait. Edryan has closed its borders.”

The moment Tian frowned, Allura felt a vein threaten to burst through her forehead. Wrath bubbled to the surface like a gas build-up ready to release. Tian seemed to sense a change in her as he turned to her, a concerned expression on his face.

“I know this may not be what you wish to hear, Princes-”

“Don’t princess me,” Allura snapped at the older man.

Tian pursed his lips and Chine frowned. Allura waved them off in a dismissive manner, not bothering to say much before she found herself inside her mobile home. A barely contained scream of frustration erupted the moment she closed her door.


It was sometime later when Allura finally emerged. It was only after several rebuffed attempts by her Aunts and a few hours of uneventful meditation that Allura emerged from her home. She’d still held far more irritation than what she arrived at Ruifall with, but in those few hours, Allura was able to bring her Wrath under control. She understood this outburst emerged as a result of her menstruation cycle beginning. Something she’d need to reach a few more levels to completely suppress. She scoffed at the status effect notification and opened the door to see her peaceful Aunt.

“I apologize, Aunt Chine,” Allura began, but her aunt only gave her a gentle smile. The same smile she gave whenever Allura had an outburst.

“To control Wrath is not a simple task. It is known as one of the greater Sins to exploit and is arguably the hardest. It is why so few members of the nobility choose a greater Sin or Virtue. It will boost your power once mastered Allura, but…” Aunt Chine trailed off, sensing the growing tension in Allura.

Allura knew all of this and more but…

“ Those who are weak have no right to decide their faith ,” she quoted in response. The famous words her greatest grandmother stated hundreds of years ago. The very words that helped shape the country of Az’Dawn into what it is today.

Aunt Chine picked up calmly. “Come, walk with me. Tian has graciously offered to open his Pool of Reflection.”

Together, the women walked. They entered the palace and were quickly greeted by various servants and maids under the Ni’Raiku Clan. Allura studied the palace, she’d been here a few times, but this was the first since her engagement with Tian. An engagement negotiated by both of the family’s elders. The Redsan were powerful, but they received a major blow after the death of Allura’s mother. While the Ni’Raiku had always been a stable power in the Az’Dawn, albeit a far one from the capital. It came as no surprise as to why this political marriage was arranged. Allura’s clan no longer believed in her chances to become Empress and wished to use her to secure a powerful ally simultaneously.

They stop in front of two massive double doors carved with several characters of legend belonging to the Ni’Raiku Clan. Allura recognized the likeness of the founder and many of his descendants that helped bring Ni’Raiku into the powerful position they hold today. After all, not anyone could guard the doors to the tiger’s den. It helped all trade caravans would pass through Ruifall before being distributed throughout the rest of the empire. That’s why it came as a surprise for the lack of movement when approaching the city from a distance. Everyone was waiting within.

“Allura, Tian…,” Aunt Chine began, but Allura nodded in understanding.

“I know, we are not yet wed, and this favor will not be forgotten.”

Aunt Chine gave her that peaceful smile and pulled back as the large doors opened. Allura returned a comfortable smile as she reigned in her Wrath. She stepped through the doors to what could be considered a whole new world. The palace the Ni’Raiku called home and the City of Ruifall were all built around one thing.

“Welcome,” Tian’s voice greeted her. He waved his hand and a gust of wind dispersed some of the mist. To reveal the man standing before a small pool of water. Allura could feel the power radiating from the pool as the powerful magic made itself known to the world. She found herself outside in a small garden that felt like it was completely natural. It was like she didn’t step through grand doors to enter but stumbled upon this place in the wilderness.

“…To the Pool of Reflection,” Tian finished. He turned and gestured to his side.

Allura hesitated for only a moment before stepping forward. She dissolved her shoes as she noticed Tian’s bare feet and moved to stand next to him. Although engaged, Allura knew she didn’t hold the right to be in one of the Ni’Raiku seats of power. Tian was giving her a considerable favor by inviting her here.

“May I examine it?”

Tian nodded, patience on his face and kindness in his eyes. The man was almost twice her age, but it didn’t bother Allura. To the Yorimen, mid-forty was only just apart from their younger years. Especially the nobles who lived slightly under three hundred with high vitality attribute points. Her upbringing never made her expect to choose her partner, and her position as the weakest of the heirs taught Allura to use her resources wisely. That included her hand in marriage.

“(Examine).”

Pool of Reflection

Type: Water

Rank: Legendary.

Charge: Full

Standing: Guarded by Ni’Raiku Clan.

Description:

The Pool of Reflection helps purify the soul to better harness the energy of the world. The pool allows one to draw deep within themselves and break the mental shackles that can obstruct the mind.

Allura’s breath caught as she finished reading the description. The Pool of Reflection would be a powerful tool in helping her thoroughly understand the Sin of Wrath. She glanced to her right, where the progress bar showed Wrath at a certain percentage.

Sin of Wrath

Progress: 78%

She was close, very close, after nearly eight years of constant pressure. Allura was close to a great boost in her strength and overall self-control as she completely mastered the Sin. So very close to bonding with [Ambition’s Wrath] and coming to master it completely. Master it where it was she, and not it, who dictated her state of mind.

“It is powerful, and its charge is full,” Tian stated, smiling.

Allura gazed at him, her expression slightly complicated. She knew his Kindness was what resulted in his actions. She could tell, by the state of Ruifall, most Clan’s only just helped the population’s surrounding their homes. Ruifall was rich and prosperous by the state she viewed earlier today. The wealth gathered by the Ni’Raiku family spread downwards through the kindness of their young master.

“Thank you, Tian, I’m certain your elder sister won’t be happy once she hears what you’ve done.”

Tian scoffed, but Allura could see the hidden worry in his eyes. He sat down, legs crossed in a lotus position, and he gestured for Allura to join him. “Edryan is in a small state of conflict.”

Tian began to speak as she joined him in the same type of posture and position. Allura perked up and spoke. “What exactly is happening. Is it… is it beginning?”

“No, far from it, their prince is still just a boy. It would be crazy and irresponsible to send him to the battlefield far unless he managed to reach the higher levels in less than a year.”

“That’s not possible,” Allura began. She knew the Prince of Edryan would have to take on insane challenged to arrive at a level where he’d be considered slightly powerful. Allura wasn’t even at that level, and she’d had access to the system for years beyond him.

“Yes, but it seems Edryan has remnants of their previous internal conflicts. The Spatial Convocation has halted their mages, and many dimensional wagons can no longer carry the same weight and load they used to.”

Allura perked up as Tian updated her on the recent changes in Edryan. News always came slow in the Lower Kingdoms, and the Yorimen had yet to develop a method to quickly carry news besides a few magical methods. Otherwise, it would be through the words of various spies and merchants that such news spread.

Tian continued while directing his hands up and down to mimic the state of breath Allura needed to enter before gazing into the pool. “I know not what you venture into Edryan for when such a… tribulation is coming to the world, but know Ruifall can always serve as a home to you.”

Allura gazed deeply into Tian’s eyes. She could see that he meant it. Tears gathered at the edge of her eyes, for outside of Aunt Chine, Allura hadn’t known the touch of Kindness for years. For a moment, a small moment, she didn’t feel the Wrath… then her head snapped to the Pool of Reflection and all was lost.


Tears gathered at the edge of Allura’s eyes, falling silently as they mixed with the blood on her face.

Blood .

Blood.

BLOOD … was everywhere and draining quickly out of her mother’s bisected body. Parts of her organs disappeared down the maw of the [ Heavenly Father ]. Allura kneeled, her body frozen, mind stopped, and an image she could never forget burned into her mind. She felt it carving itself into her very soul .

Her father, harumph, his face morphed into an expression of rage and disgust. Then one of pleasure and ecstasy as a loud crunching sound came from his mouth as he found the target he was looking for. Madness danced within his eyes, and red-black lightning flickered upon his body.

“Don’t cry…,” a weak voice whispered.

Allura felt a hand on her face wiping away the tears, and she looked down and into the eyes of her mother. Fire flickered in her eyes and the scarf around her neck tightened as the Ambition of Wrath began to sprout.

“Don’t cry,” her mother repeated.

“Don’t cry Allu-”


“-RA!”

A hand violently shook her, and Allura’s eyes snapped back to Tian’s. Her face went white and the young woman's entire body trembled. A kind concerned look was on Tian’s face, but that could not help the emotion in Allura’s heart. Tian gave her a reassuring look but stayed silent. This was a battle she faced alone.
‎ A barely contained Wrath threatened to break out. A quest of vengeance, a [Kin-Slayer] journey to follow the path of such a title to the end. She knew its effects amplified the more of her kin she slayed, after all, she was traveling to the country that held the greatest example of a [Kin-Slayer] on the continent.

Sin of Wrath

Progress: 80%

Allura calmed and the Wrath in her heart crystalized as the fire of ambition within her eyes strengthened. She turned once again to the Pool of Reflection.

2