Chapter 38 – I see sweat, I see progress
77 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, dear readers! Here's chapter 38 with our MC growing stronger more and more quickly.

Enjoy the chapter and I'll see you later this week for chapter 39!

 

Announcements:

-Don't hesitate to Follow, Review, Favorite, Power stone, share etc. (Depends on the platform you're currently reading on) if you like my different novels. It helps a lot with growing the number of readers.

 

-I've set up a Stripe page, so if you feel like making a one time donation of any amount, don't hesitate to swing by. Thank you in advance! https://buy.stripe.com/4gwdTHfLo2fR2Xu6oo

 

-If you prefer having something 'tangible' for your donation, you can visit my patreon page.

My patreon: patreon.com/CalmWanderer  (11+ advanced chapters available)

To all my Patrons: Thank you very much for your support!

 

For those interested, I'm also writing a fanfiction in the world of Marvel with a lot of elements from The Knight's Multiverse:

‘Ben Parker, a former Special Forces’ Team Captain, husband of May Parker and uncle of Peter Parker, with three Perks granted to him by an unknown entity, will have to grow his cultivation along his loved ones and teammates while navigating the Earth, a planet full of interesting but dangerous secrets.

https://www.scribblehub.com/read/796814-my-name-is-ben-parker-the-knights-multiverse-x-mcu/chapter/796819/

**********************

Damovotsk, Molkovia, Earth.
 
Demian's P.O.V.
 
After an unknown amount of time, Demian patted his lover's back while saying. “It's getting late, Love.” Letting out a helpless smile, Sera mumbled. “Why did I fall in love with a training junkie?” Before standing up lazily. When the young man caught her words, a few chuckles escaped him. “Isn't it because I'm very handsome?”
 
With an 'Are you serious?' expression on her face, the young woman replied. “In case you haven't been paying attention for the last three years, I'm blind. As in I'm not physically capable of seeing your stupid mug. Men, I swear.” As her words reached his ears he stood up swiftly and embraced her. “I think it's just me, though.” Before kissing her lightly, stopping her from speaking any further.
 
After a few seconds of a somewhat chaste kiss, the two broke up their embrace and Sera pushed him in the vague direction of his wardrobe while saying. “Put on some clothes now or Big Sis will be pissed at you.” While following her instructions, he could not help himself from questioning. “Wasn't it you who insisted on staying in bed this morning, though?”
 
Done with putting on his clothes, he helped her do the same. Although it was more like helping her finish it since she was almost done herself. She did not truly need his help, but which boyfriend would not like to help his girlfriend put on her clothes? Of course, the best would be taking them off, but Demian would take what he could get.
 
Shaking her head at his words, the petite woman retorted. “You agreed to it, so you automatically get 50% of the responsibility!” To which he replied in a doubtful tone. “I don't think that's how it works...” Done with their clothes, the petite redhead took his hand in hers and guided him toward the living room downstairs. “Stop protesting! It's my day today so you're not allowed to complain.”
 
Despite her bratty reasoning, her happy smile and the knowledge he had of her made clear to him that she was just joking. Kind of. After all, she was right in the sense that he wanted to make her very happy today. 'I'll keep the date simple. It's the best way to not mess it up.' He thought with an anticipatory grin on his face.
 
The two quickly reached the dining room where the other two women were eating their breakfast. Around 45 minutes later the four finished eating and went to the gym to train, each with their own practice. At the end of the morning, Adeliya and Sera were waiting on the side, looking at the two sparring together.
 
Demian was of course aware of his audience's 'existence', but he did not have the will nor the time to pay them any mind. He was instead focusing on refining his fighting techniques, doing his best to land a blow on his muscular female cousin. It was mostly unsuccessful so far, though. However, he did not give up, and almost unconsciously, as his strength grew, the intensity of training grew along, creating a healthy balance of constant improvement.
 
On the side of his cousin and as the days went by, he noticed the increase in her physical exertion, with her muscles visibly tensing up more and more as she had to react faster and faster to his attacks. The more practice he endured, the less relaxed the woman looked like. Of course, it was all relative. He was objectively still far from 'threatening' her in any way and he knew that she spent a lot of energy trying to control her strength to avoid any serious injuries. Be that as it may, those changes still motivated the young man in his difficult training.
 
As his whole focus was put on the fight, he was suddenly interrupted by the voice of his Aunt who declared. “It's lunchtime. The two of you stop training.” The two fighters froze at the same time at her 'order', with Demian gasping for breath with his hands on his knees and his clothes soaked with sweat. On the other side, Bryn only had a light sweat on her, while her breathing went from slightly faster than normal to as calm as usual in a matter of seconds.
 
That switch made the young man amazed at his cousin's physical prowess, despite his own being out of the norm. 'I'm still far from her Level. I gotta practice more!' He thought resolutely, while his breathing rate started to deepen and slow down as slightly less than a minute went by.
 
After five minutes of rest, Demian finally felt back to normal, besides some physical exhaustion. He thus went to take a quick shower, changed his clothes, and joined the other three women in the kitchen before helping them prepare the food. Once they were done, they swiftly ate together while chatting.
 
“So, where are you planning to bring Sera today, Demian?” Adeliya asked in a curious tone. The two were obviously aware that the two youngest were planning on going on a date today, with Bryn even agreeing, although a bit reluctantly, to lend him her car after she repeated to him, again and again, to be careful with 'her'. Was she reluctant only because of the car? That line of thought was too dangerous for him, though, especially with the conversation he had with Sera and Adeliya a few days ago.
 
Shaking his head inwardly, he focused on his Aunt's question instead. “I don't want to spoil the surprise, Aunty.” His words brought an amused smile to her face. “Fine! Be all mysterious if you want! I'll just ask my lovely daughter afterward.” Her words made Sera and Demian chuckle, while Bryn had a smile full of complicated emotions on her face.
 
The other three did not pay too much attention to the tall redhead though. Instead, the petite redhead quipped. “Sure, Mom. I'll tell you everything later.” The three bantered with each other for a few minutes before Demian declared while looking toward his girlfriend. “Shall we go, Love?” With a blissful smile on her face, she nodded happily.
 
“We'll see you girls later.” He stated to the two older women in a joyful mood, before his smile toned down a bit as he added. “I'll call you if anything happens.” The other two nodded with a dimmer grin on their own face. Done with his preparation, he grabbed Sera's hand and guided her toward the door. He of course did not forget to take the Impala car keys lying on the shoe rack by the entrance door.
 
The two then quickly went through the door, the elevator, and then the 'public' garage to finally arrive at their personal garage. Looking at the black muscle car with its white bands painted in its hood, he could not help but say. “Here you are, my little beauty...” Before being punched lightly on his shoulder by Sera's small fist.
 
“Don't talk to other girls like that!” She said in a 'serious' tone. Of course, the strict facade crumbled down really quickly when he spotted the corner of her mouth twitching, while she clearly tried to hold back her laughter. “Sorry, Love. I couldn't help it. Look at those curves! They're magnificent!” He commented while heavily emphasizing the innuendo behind his words.
 
Chuckling at his antics, the petite redhead retorted with her left fist on her hips and her head slightly tilted. “Alright, Mr. Car Lover, we should go already, instead of wasting time making sexual innuendos here.” With an amused smile, the young man replied. “Alright, I'll stop then.” Before bringing her to the front passenger seat.
 
Opening the car door, he guided her inside like a proper gentleman, before closing the door and going toward the driver's side of the car. Opening the door swiftly, he quickly slid into the seat and closed the door behind him. Putting his hands on the steering wheel, an unconscious noise of satisfaction escaped his lips as he found himself in a muscle car for the first time in his current and previous life.
 
A small laugh coming from his right took him out of his admirative state, prompting him to comment. “You can laugh, but I don't care. This car is just great...” His tone fell a bit as he easily started the ignition before gently pushing the gas pedal. “Although, I'm glad she paid someone to modify this beast, or I wouldn't be comfortable with having you inside.”
 
Turning her head toward him, she asked with an amused grin. “I thought it was a beauty? And what do you mean by that?” Nodding his head at her words, he replied while putting half of his focus on the road. “She can be both. A beautiful beast.” He said with a few chuckles before adding. “I'm not a car specialist, but I know that old muscle cars look great but are super dangerous. They're not the type of vehicle you should put in any random hand.”
 
“I didn't know that...” Shaking his head slightly, he responded. “Don't worry about it. I just know that because I found those cars good-looking which made me interested enough to look them up a bit. I don't know much about other type of cars either.” Pausing for a second, he added. “Bryn told me that she upgraded everything but the exterior. It makes the whole thing a lot safer and quieter. Best of both worlds, if you ask me.”
 
Nodding her head, the petite woman replied. “Makes sense.” The two then fell silent for a few moments, before Sera questioned curiously. “So where are we going first? You can tell me now, right?” With the corner of his lips raised in amusement, he responded. “I don't know...” When he looked at the annoyed expression forming on her face, he immediately added. “I'm just messing with you. We're going to a specialized dress shop I found a few days ago.”
 
Looking confused, the woman asked. “A dress shop?” Nodding his head, he stated. “Exactly. I spotted a beautiful white summer dress with blue patterns that I'm sure would fit you perfectly.” His words made her speechless for a few moments before she questioned with some heavy doubts in her voice.
 
“YOU, Demian Mikhailovna, have been looking at specialized DRESS shops. All to find ME a dress...” Turning her head back in the road's direction, she muttered disbelievingly. “Am I dreaming?” Rolling his eyes at her overreaction, he commented. “Aren't you overdoing it a little?”
 
Looking back at him, she asked in a fake serious tone. “Were you possessed by someone else?” Her question made the two burst into laughter for a long moment before Demian finally reigned in his hilarity and replied. “Guilty as charged! My real name's Damian Knight and my great plan is to make you fall in love with me and spend the rest of your life as my lover.”
 
While giggling softly at his nonsense, she retorted in a gentle tone. “I think I can live with that...” Before putting her hand on his right leg and stated in a heartfelt tone. “Thank you, Dem.” Feeling some embarrassment at her words, he replied. “It's just a dress. There's no need for you to take it too seriously.”
 
Shaking her head, she retorted. “You know that's not what I'm talking about.” Scratching his clean-shaven chin, he replied awkwardly. “Right. It's... No big deal. I just want you to be happy. I'm still learning how to do that, though, so don't be too harsh on me...” Giggling softly at his words, she replied. “You're doing pretty good so far.” Pausing for a second, she added. “I'm really glad I got you in my life.”
 
Throwing a quick glance at her face, he spotted an almost invisible tear rolling down her fair cheek, drawing a small sigh from him. “Don't cry, Love. You're breaking my heart.” He said while gently wiping the tear from her charming visage with his right thumb, and slowing down the car to avoid provoking any traffic accident.
 
When he wanted to take back his hand, she grabbed it with both of hers and kissed its back before saying. “I love you, Demian Mikhailov.” With a blissful smile, the man replied with all the love he felt in his heart. “I love you too, Seraphine Mikhailov.”
6