Adventurers guild
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

______________________________________________

*****

"Who is making trouble here?"

What should I do now? He already looks dangerous, and I am sure he is probably hiding his powers. Should I escape? No-No-No, I haven't done anything wrong! Why would I do that? Let's try to talk to him first.

"I was just trying to enter the town, but they won't let me in because I didn't have an I'd, but when I showed them a letter my teacher gave me, they called me a con artist, I was just proving them wrong." 

"N- No sir, Gunther. That's this person here claims to be the disciple of The legendary adventurer sir Tulkan, how can anyone believe that?"

"Is that true? Let me see the le– Wait, that sword!" He looks at me and asks, when suddenly his eyes turned towards the sword I had already sheathed.

"Kid can you let me see that sword for a bit?" 

His expression just now, does he perhaps recognize this sword?' I gave him the sword because if something unexpected happens, I could just put that sword inside storage magic remotely and make a run for it.

"Hey, don't look at me like that, I am not going to steal it or something." Was I that obvious?

"Can you show me the letter too?"

"Ah, Yes, here it is." He sure is taking his time reading it.

He kept reading the letter with various expression on his face for a while before muttering something I couldn't properly hear, "I see, so that's what happened." And closed his eyes for a minute to collect his thoughts. And not long after, he called out to me.

"I am sorry kid, we made a mistake, you can come in. I have verified your identity. You can come inside, but before that, you two apologize."

"WE ARE SORRY! PLEASE FORGIVE US FOR CALLING YOU A CON ARTIST!" You are still calling me that, though?

"Alright-alright, stop that already. Hah, ~" Anyway, let's go in.

 "Hmm, what now?" As I was about to enter the gates, I was stopped by the knight named Gunther.

"It's now my turn to apologize, but a knight can't bow their head to anyone other than their master that easily, so how about this, I will show you around the town personally?" Hm… if a respected knight shows me around the town, I will be able to make good connections.

"Alright, I will take you up on that offer."

"Hahaha that's a good decision now come with me." I followed him inside.

•••••

"And that restaurant sells the best Apple pie's."

"I see." It has been about twenty minutes since my tour of this town begin. Sir Gunther is unexpectedly a good escort, he showed me around all types of places, from INN's to restaurants and even shops to buy daily necessities. And while he was showing me around the town, I could see that he loved and respected a lot in this town. Looks like he is someone with a good ranking. Anyway, he is truly your perfect kind knight type of person.

"Ah! Sir knight caption play with us-play with us." Some kids suddenly came running towards us and asked sir Gunther to play with him. Aren't they afraid of him? I mean, he is so big and has a you know - don't mess with me type of aura.

"Hahaha not right now, I am currently busy. I will play with you later, alright?" 

"Okay" And after getting a promise to play later, they happily ran away.

"You sure are popular, Sir Gunther." I couldn't help but comment.

"Hahaha, I guess I am, It's been a while since I 

came to this town after all." a while since he came to this town?

"Can I ask you a couple of questions, Sir Gunther?"

"Hm? Sure, if it's not something I don't know or can't answer, I have no problem, but first stop calling me Sir Gunther. You can call Gunther or anything you like." I think I will stick to sir Gunther.

"Were you perhaps acquainted with my teacher?" He looked dumbfounded for a while before making a confused face.

"Didn't he tell you about me?" Crap, did I just mess up?

"Ah! Well, he wouldn't talk much about his past, so I'm not very knowledgeable about his life outside." Though I did read the diary he left behind, but I don't remember reading about anyone named Gunther.

"How can that be, that Rascal didn't talk about me, we were best friends." Yup, I fucked up big time… Wait, best friend?

"Ah! Are you, perhaps, that perverted spear freak!"… Wait, did I just I say that out loud? Crap, I said out loud, and now everyone is looking at us.

"You have no tact you are indeed his student, there's no don't know. I want to pull that bastard out of his grave and beat the shit out of him! Hah~ Anyway, follow me, I will take you to the adventurers guild now.

"Ah, O-Okay." I am glad I am not the one he intends to beat black & blue. Anyway, the adventurers guild it's just like how you'd read in fantasy novels, but there's not just an adventurer's guild, but there is also a merchant's guild, a magician's society and a few more guilds too. But adventurers guild still holds the most power among them, the reason? They have branches in every city of almost all the countries on this continent. And that's one of the reasons I am signing up with them.

"Um, Sir Gunther, is this it?" We were now standing before a rather clean looking building made of stones and wood with a large signboard with adventurers guild written in big letters on it. Is this really it? But it looks rather clean…

"Yes, this is the adventurer's guild, now let's go inside." Though still a bit skeptical, I followed him inside. 

"Did you hear that, Jefferson"/ "Hey, let's form a party." As soon as we got inside, I could hear everyone talking and forming party's. Now it feels like I am inside an adventurer's guild. However… 

"…"/"…" As soon as they noticed us, they stopped taking and were now looking or more precisely starring at me like I am some sort of rare animal or something.

"Um, why are they all looking at me like that?" Is it because of my clothes?

"Just ignore them, and let's go and meet the  guild manager of farewell town." He started walking towards the stairs. Is it okay to just barge in like that? Don't we need the receptionist to ask for the permission of the guild manager?

"Forget it, let's just follow him." After climbing the stairs two times, we were now in front of a huge wooden door with a gigantic boar carved on it. I was now waiting for Sir Gunther to knock on the door, but guess what? 

"Oi, James, I am coming in." He just barged in while screaming what I suppose was the guild master's name.

"…" I could only stare at him in silence, this old man is quite mannerless, is he really an old man? 

"You are as mannerless as ever, Gunther. When I looked inside I could see another old man who looked almost the same age around their late fifties to early sixties as Sir Gunther, but he had a big grayish beard, long grayish white hair and wrinkles on his face, he looked like the old men you'd see in some magic school movies. 

While I was thinking about all these things, the Guild manager suddenly turned towards me. 

"Oho~ Who is this handsome young man? Is he a guest you brought?" I should introduce myself.

"I am–"

*****

0