Chap 2: Growth pill
466 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Later that evening, while busying observing the surroundings and the routines of people in this " Shop ", suddenly a somewhat young man notifies the entire shop about eating time. The young man first draws a circle around the air then whispers something in his mouth and his words got transfered through the shop like a voiceline system. But obviously up till now there is nothing like electricity cables here so how can he do that. After a few minutes of surveying around, Gunner notices that the light bulbs around the ceiling got lit up automatically and not the electric light bulb but some kinds of candles. The light permiating from these light bulb seems surreal, it's like a candle but the thermal heat from these weird - looking stones don't seem to radiate around. The shop is kept clean unusually despite there is no one tidying it up from time to time; the air circulating around is clear and fresh like there is an air conditioner somewhere... Gunner realises this might not be the traditional Earth-like planet but maybe a parallel world. He can not believe that these theories of worm hole, space travelling, parrallel worlds... he learns from physics class actually exists? The only possible answer is when he dies physically, his soul got resent to Earth circulating flow or whatever but someone or something might had affected this flow and his soul got sent into this  realm instead.

After hearing the schedule, the male servants quickly goes somewhere to prepare dinner while the younger boys get in line waiting for something. After a while, Linda's assisitant - a man with a small and thin figure appears and gives each boy a small round pill together with their share of meal. The boys all sit together at the long table after taking their pills and eat their meal. The meal consists mainly of breads,  together with few dishes of chicken and some kinds of veggies. Gunner and all the other toddlers' pills are smashed into powder, saturated in a pot of water and then each of the baby gets fed 5 poons of this mysterious powder soup together with nutrious milk. Gunner is very reluctant to take this shit in but afterall he's quite hungry so maybe even shit tastes good in this situation. It seems that these slave boys are raised in such great care and later that evening they are even taught a class of manner. 

- " Well, I guess these are higher rate goods who even got basic manners that can satisfy their master. Such a corrupted way of getting money " - Gunner thinks.

Later that night, Gunner can't keep his eyes closed firstly because of the unfamilar surrounding, the more Gunner looks in the handle of the light bulb the more small sparks of light keeps igniting. It's just like this Gunner's body possesses something that can even flick the light on. But the main reason Gunner can't rest fully is because of the unbearable growing pain he feels all over his body. The aching he senses is similar to the process of building up muscle. Normally when you hit the gym, your muscle gets teared at micro level and with a good diet and rest, your body starts regenerating new thicker, stronger muscle fibers. But this pain is way worse than that, it tears Gunner's muscle not in micro level but more like rip apart each muscle fiber. This also often happens when a person does a too heavy dumbbell curl-up for their biceps to handle and it often tears apart his bicep. The pain is immeasurable, everwhere in his body the cycle of destroying and rebuilding muscle just keeps repeating - an inescapable sequence of pain. But this pain is nothing compared to his first time arriving here. He got killed while having his greatest time on Earth probably living his best moments out there, leaving behind his family, girlfriend, his career... Deep inside, his hatred toward whoever sends him here is growing day after day and his anger of not being able to do a thing against firearms despite all the effort he put in martial art. Afterall the human body has its limit and he resents God for creating such a fragile body for the human. With that being said, his first priority is struggling to live in this goddamn " Shop ". Against all the odds with this small and vulnerable body, all he can do right now is to collecting informations as much as possible about this world then developing this body at least to the level of his former one. His only advantage right now is having a brain of an adult and diverse knowledge in martial arts as well as biology because his girlfriend is an apprentice nurse. After a few days pretending to be a harmless baby, he starts collecting information about this world.

Firstly, the male to female ratio here seems to be off-balance, to be precise 1:3. Not only that male has low compatibility with magic compared to female and also the male body is physically weaker than that of a female. Because of that, this society follows martriarch rule and the current party governing this country - Arcanethia is the Order. Even worse, female here are like dogs in heat, they constantly find male to mate and that often leads to the male being malnourished and die not long after.

Secondly, there are several races here for example: human, elf, succubus... And each race holds its territory against each other. There are only a few places that permits the trading between races in this country. It seems that each race has something agaisnt each other in the past that keeps them from cohabitating together.

Thirdly, magic existed in this world so that would be a huge disadvantage against Gunner - a complete stranger in this world. Because of the convenience magic brings to this world, people start building technology that harvesting the power of magic like magic based light bulb, cooker that runs on magic stones, golem built with magic heart can be used as simple slave... Other than that the technology here is equal to that of Medieval Age on Earth. 

Last but not least after a while of inspecting the growth pill that is often fed to the boys in this " Shop ", the pill serves as a hormone increasing pill in this case Testosterone. It push growing hormone which is responsible for growth in human body but there is no such heavenly pill that brings no harms to the user. Unlike animal that grows up faster than human because in nature a slow-growing infant is always a delicious prey. on the contrary human body when born needs a relatively long period of time to develop muscle because there is literally no predator that preys on human so we like to take it slow. The human body steadily constructs organs and limbs to its finest, a slow but efficient progress. Here this pill boosts such growth to an extend that causes the growing body to be more fragile. The body just keep creating new cells that replaces the old cells in an attempt to grow faster but the newer cells in fact just stack over the old one and when the old one die, it creates error hole in the entire body. " This thing is just like growing hormone used in agriculture, beautiful on the outside yet corrupted on the inside. " - Gunner analyses

To battle against this pill that does more harm than good, Gunner prioritizes building up muscle mass over muscle strength, Gunner keeps his muscle restless, with a simple blanket over his body he can freely hides from others' eyes  that he is practicing. Whenever the kids in the room go out to prepare food or do chores around the " Shop " in the morning, Gunner does push up, curl-up... Whenever the kids go to study in the evening, Gunner takes his time trying out magic. Everytime he tries to imagine touching Mana or feels the mana particles like in those Japan manga, it has no results. So he tries to implement the mana into his body like the way ancient Chinese warriors trained their Qi. In fact Qi training in general is just draw out the most potential of your muscle by controling your breath as well as take control of every muscle fibers. Our body needs Oxygen together with other energy forms which is glucose or glycogen in order to generate force and training Qi maximizes the usage of energy, too much Oxygen and you will end up wasting these during the next exhaling cycle, too little and your force generated will be weakened and your body can't keep up with the activity rate which often leads to tireness. Surprisingly Mana works perfectly with this Qi training technique, mana got circulated into each blood veins and then spread out into each cells, powering them up and draws out each cell's max potential. But the problem here is when the human body works too much, cells tend to grow hotter and hotter, emit heat into the surrounding and that heat is later discharged through sweating mechanism. Everytime Gunner practices this technique, his cradle always ends up drenched and that raises a big red flag to the babykeepers so to cover this up he pisses himself hopefully fools the babykeeper. And it works to his surprise, with just a few groaning " Ugh, this baby sure pisses a lot " or " Dang,is this baby the incarnation of Water Godess? "... Actually the way Gunner counters the backfire of growth pill is by breaking his body till there is nothing else to break and the pill will only just need to repair his body. Like the old saying " You can't kill the one who is already killed ". Also to provide his body with the nutrients needed to regrow muscle and developing his bone frame, Gunner often sneaks out at night to look for food in the kitchen. Well this " shop " is not poor by any means so no one has suspected the missing food in the kitchen so far. 

This time, thinking everything has gone to his plan but history happens once again. The only muscle which he doesn't train is around his dick, well to be precise dick has only a few muscle and the factor that decides whether a dick is big or long when erected is the thickness of the artery or the amount of blood pumped into. Normally when in flaccid mode the arteries open just enough for blood flow to keep the cells healthy and when erection, the electrical impulses sent to these artery that later open completely allows for even more blood to flow through.  Coincidentally, the excessive effect of breaking muscle in the pill that has nowhere to go ends up developing his dick's muscle and thus reinforces his dick arteries and this is something Gunner doesn't take into account. Until one day, the unusual bigness of his morning wood catches the eye of a babykeeper and this man immediately reports to Ma'dame Linda. His worst fear of stading out in this " Shop " has happened and even worst the size of a dick is what determines a grade of a slave. 

12