GAMBLE 1.1
150 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

July 24 1998 | 11:10PM - Arklay Mountains

His acute survival skills allowed him a somewhat safe, but harsh escape through the dense and murky forest, with the exception of a few infected dogs he had to kill. The recent events had however, taken a heavy toll on him, his stamina at an all time low, and his mind somewhat distraught. Disoriented and desperate to find safe haven, he had pushed himself far past his limits, trying to get as far as possible from the Hell he had miraculously escaped.

Following a small stream leading down to a large lake, he pressed forwards; his handgun readied, a single clip remaining. Circling around the man-made reservoir, he eventually reached a fairly large building located in the middle of a fenced off area. Finally back to civilization… kinda. He concluded. Looks like an old factory: a water treatment plant maybe..? That might just be my ticket out of this god forsaken place. A swift scan of the blockade, before climbing with not so much ease, the only accessible part of the fence, to the other side.

That was fun. He commented, hinting a bit of sarcasm, as he brushed off the dirt and fresh blood from a few cuts on his hands. He scouted the area, looking for any guards, man, canine or undead, as he already had his share of hellish fiends. The coast seemed clear, as he pressed forward, only to reach a single locked door. Dammit! He tried in vain to force it open. Exhausted, on edge, and quite vexed, he searched for another way inside. Tracing the perimeter, he came across a large pipe, and what looked like an old unused emergency ladder. Rusty, and looks like it’s about to fall off… That’s my way in. He carefully climbed the corroded structure; the sound of metal about to snap, as it creaked under his weight.

This thing’s not gonna hold on for much longer. A worrisome expression waved across his face, as he proceeded with haste to the roof of the first building. A ventilation system covered a vast portion of the area, with seemingly no entry to the building. There has to be a way in from here. He screened his surroundings. With only the moon as his light source, he had to remain careful.

Few minutes passed, when he finally found a ladder leading down the southern part of the building. Now we’re getting somewhere. A small grin flashed on his face. He made his way down, where a single guard was patrolling the area. One guy? Should be easy enough to sneak past… As predicted, he was able to get past the man undetected; no more luck however, with the only two doors available being locked. He continued on, and across a catwalk to a secondary building.

Trailing around a fenced portion of the newly reached location, he stopped dead in his tracks, as he noticed three dogs guarding the entrance to the complex. They don’t look infected… at least not yet. He kept his guard up. There has to be a least one vehicle on the premises. He noticed a keypad next to the door, and a sign that read: D2 – Raccoon City Station 032 via Stoneville Road Maintenance Gate. Raccoon City… That means I can’t be too far from a populated area, and things seem normal here… Guess the training facility was just an isolated incident. He concluded. So… all I need is to find the key, hijack a car, and get the hell out of here… His expression frowned. Simple enough; I just need to find a way around those dogs.

He took a swift look around, and noticed a half opened door near his position. He proceeded inside, and hid behind a short cement wall, as he noticed someone in the back of the room. He remained out of sight, motionless and observant. Few instants passed, when he realized it was a teenager, filling a bucket with meat and pellets. Looks like it’s feeding time… Here’s my chance…. He shook his head. Sorry kid. Sauntering out of his cover, he pulled out his handgun, and stood right behind the unsuspecting employee.

 

13