Chapter 13: A Ride with a Redhead
4k 6 153
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Climbing aboard the jet, all the X-men members quickly took their seats.

Hank had taken the seat of the pilot while Ororo took that of the co-pilot despite wanting to talk more with Rudeus & get to know him on a deeper level. She was strangely fascinated with him. She had never seen somebody more... perfect, ever.

Even Hank who had met him quite recently compared to them, had accepted him quite quickly. He looked like he instinctually respected Rudeus for some reason. It may have been related to his beast instincts which were even sharper than Logan's.

Logan on the other hand mostly kept to himself, talking with Rudeus only when necessary. Actually he was like that with most people, so it was nothing new.

The other kids except Scott had begun to warm up to Rudeus especially the future iceman, Robert Drake, aka, Bobby.

Rudeus had been contemplating if he should make it clear to him that he was not gonna allow Bobby's icy balls anywhere within his private space. But he had held off on that as he didn't wanna make him lose confidence just before the fight that was heading their way.

Bobby had even offered the seat beside him to Rudeus at which Kurt also known as Nightcrawler looked quite hurt since he thought his 'cool' friend & teammate didn't wanna sit with him any more.

Rudeus of course used that chance to reject Bobby's offer & told Kurt that he could keep his seat beside his friend.

"You can sit beside me" a shy voice called to him. When he turned around, he saw Jean looking at him with a red face filled with courage & expectation.

"But I was going to sit here" Scott of course didn't miss a chance to try to be a beta.

"I invited Rudeus first so maybe you can sit somewhere else for the ride" Jean quickly said to Scott before Rudeus could say anything.

Scott begrudgingly took the savage hint & went to sit at a place close to Jean.

'Once a beta, always a beta' Rudeus pitied Scott & wondered if he should show him some Andrew Tate videos later when the dude would get famous in the future.

He then sat beside Jean in a calm manner & adjusted his seatbelts. He was not gonna show himself simping all over her just because she had one hell of a booty.

"I am Jean by the way as you already heard from Ororo. I am a student at Xavier's School." She introduced herself again.

"Rudeus Fireheart, chairman of Meta International." He did the same as well.

"So you are a Mutant too huh. Can I ask what your powers are. Mine are telepathy & telekinesis." Jean tried to continue the conversation. She wanted to keep talking to him for some reason.

"My mutant powers huh? I am really strong, durable & resistant to mental powers as you should have already found out. I can also become a incorporeal spirit for some time I guess."

"Oh yeah, now that you mention it, I do seem not to be able to read your mind. So you are like an allrounder, huh. You are really amazing you know." Jean praised him for almost no reason.

"Thanks." he still thanked her for her praise. He was not gonna reject people's kindness & praises for no reason.

They continued to chat like this for some time until Jean finally decided to ask him the question in her mind.

"By the way, have you felt something, like some weird feeling in you heart after we met recently? For some reason I have been feeling really weird like something is connecting me to you. It only stopped after I came close to you."

"Wait. Are you proposing to me or something? I mean we met just now Miss Jean. I don't think I can accept your proposal so soon. Maybe we should go on a few dates first, see where that leads us." I joked with her.

"No I didn't mean it like that." she quickly defended herself with a red face after realizing how her previous question might have sounded to me.

"Don't worry, Miss Jean. I know you didn't mean it like that. I was just joking with you. As for your question, yes I do feel quite a strong feeling tugging me to you for some reason. I was actually trying to ignore it to not seem... rude." I told her.

She looked quite happy to hear that. She had sadly thought before, that the connection between them was only one sided.

"What do you think this is?" she asked me while looking towards my lips in a dazed manner. "And please call me Jean"

'I could already imagine the various sizzling romance stories going in her teenage mind trying to justify the 'bond' between us. I knew that if I asked her to be my girlfriend right now, she would most probably agree but that was not my goal'

He thought.

'I don't want her just because she felt a 'bond' with me. No, I want a stronger reason. I want her to fall in 'love' with me . I want her full loyalty & trust. And I'll make sure to gain it by the end of today' I smiled evilly in my mind.

"I think we have some sort of connection with each other. Something that either connects our minds or our souls together. Rudeus sounded really cheesy but his golden rule perk did its job very well.

Jean was charmed by him. She was positive in her teenage mind that she had atlast found the one. She was almost ready to kiss him on the lips by this point which she would have done probably but sadly an annoying whiny voice interrupted her romantic moment.

"What are you guys talking about?" Scott tried to murder the privacy between them & singlehandedly ruined their moment.

Rudeus wanted to kill the little twerp & throw him out of the plane.

But before he could say anything in his anger, a torch suddenly came flying & hit Scott in the head.

"Ouch. What the..." Scott looked at the torch & tried to find out how it had targeted him. But he couldn't find the reason.

Rudeus however knew the reason especially because the sexy redhead responsible for it was winking at him right now.

'I love redheads. They are really crazy sometimes but they are equal times just as hot if not even more.' Rudeus wisely thought to himself.

Rudeus felt like he had grown much wiser after coming into the world of Marvel. Maybe he should even make a detailed book of his wisdom someday. That way he could help his fellow future reincarnators & transmigators as well.

Soon the jet slowed down & landed on the desert.

When Rudeus got out of the jet along with the rest of the team, he was almost stupified by the marvelous sight infront of him.

There was a really beautiful looking metallic city in the middle of nowhere on the desert looking like a piece of art. There was an immense spaceship at the centre of the city sticking out like a huge pyramid.

Rudeus sensed the presence of Vanessa & Selene nearby when they tried to connect to his mind.

He told them to come to his current location. When they came near, he introduced his own team to the X-men.

He could have just ordered his team to remain hidden & only come out when & if he really needed them but that would not have helped him much in his fight against Apocalypse & his goons. Also he wanted to win some brownie points from the X-men before he had to deal with their bald professor.

He saw his own people which even consisted of some Morlocks & some other mob mutants talking with the X-men. They were quite normal with each other except Scott who continued his streak of being an asshole by pretending to be above the other mutants.

He also noticed Jean & Selene looking at each other's eyes with almost visible currents of electricity flowing out of them for some reason.

Okay, Rudeus was not going to pretend to be a dense protagonist. He actually knew the reason of course but he was not going to stop them. He was quite enjoying this after all.

"Let's go save the professor then" Rudeus declared. He would make sure to cream the situation as much as he can before the end of this 'Apocalypse'

---

153